crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

pull / chin ups everyday?

I just purchased a "chin up" bar today. It's mounted on the door and I do a few reps everytime I walk past it.

Obviously it allows for pull ups and chin ups and it also has the handles that stick out towards you (ie, pull ups facing each other sideways...i dont know if there is a technical term for this but I will just refer to them as "side pullups" for the current purposes)

I wanted to work on the bar everyday. One day I would do sets of pull ups. Another day sets of chin ups. Another day side pull ups. These exercises would not however be to the maximum intensity. Everytime I walk past I will do some etc etc. It will be in addition to my regular workout routine.

My goals at the moment are not to bulk. I want to get leaner and tone up my muscles, in addition to increasing strength and endurance.

So, having said all this, are there negative effects of using the bar everyday, specifically, doing chin ups, pull ups and side pull ups everday (but only one specific on any one day).

thanks for any responses

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by crazyman17 View Post
    it also has the handles that stick out towards you (ie, pull ups facing each other sideways...i dont know if there is a technical term for this but I will just refer to them as "side pullups" for the current purposes)
    I usually see them called neutral grip or hammer grip. Chin/pull both get used interchangably. All the more reason to say it's all pull and chin if your chin's above the bar, which it will be if you pull your delts/traps to the bar while doing hammer-ups.

crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazyman17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks for that info bro, but I was more concerned on the effects of using the bar everyday, given my goals stated above

bump can anyone comment

bump

bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if its chin ups or pull ups or or side grip or hammer grip, its all lats. so you'd be training lats everyday and no its not a good idea... you cant work the same body part everyday.
    The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodybuild2day is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    and doing a few reps everytime you walk by etc.. has no use... i suggest you do some more research on training and constructing a workout program. you can do this much easier and learn much more by reading up on training and the basics of bodybuilding on this site, instead of posting questions on forums. you'd have 100 questions a day if you were to ask everything you need to know.
    The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

mind over muscles Javid_Shanghai's Avatar
    Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Javid_Shanghai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldn't do them everyday. Whats ur purpose to do them? I know what u mean as well, I've had at home door pullups and whenever I seen it, I was pulling myself, until I fell down and broke my doorchins It was actually for fun..
    "I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't." (c)

Registered User II Cybershot II's Avatar
    II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) II Cybershot II is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Every-other day is about right. Don't do it the day before or day after your back day routine.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I wanted to work on the bar everyday. One day I would do sets of pull ups. Another day sets of chin ups. Another day side pull ups. These exercises would not however be to the maximum intensity. Everytime I walk past I will do some etc etc. It will be in addition to my regular workout routine.

My goals at the moment are not to bulk. I want to get leaner and tone up my muscles, in addition to increasing strength and endurance.

So, having said all this, are there negative effects of using the bar everyday, specifically, doing chin ups, pull ups and side pull ups everday (but only one specific on any one day).

thanks for any responses
    Nope, the volume will only make you better over time.

Originally Posted by bodybuild2day View Post

and doing a few reps everytime you walk by etc.. has no use... i suggest you do some more research on training and constructing a workout program. you can do this much easier and learn much more by reading up on training and the basics of bodybuilding on this site, instead of posting questions on forums. you'd have 100 questions a day if you were to ask everything you need to know.

f its chin ups or pull ups or or side grip or hammer grip, its all lats. so you'd be training lats everyday and no its not a good idea... you cant work the same body part everyday.
    It certainly is useful, especially if it's done consistently and within reason. Your response is a bodybuilding oriented goal. Please re-read his particular goal.

Doing body weight pullups/chinups everyday is going to slowly help with every aspect of your upper body to one degree or another. Yes, the lats will take the blunt of the workload and eventually plateau but that may be all that he is after.

mattyd23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    at the end of the day if you want to gain real size and strength you need rest time to allow for muscle recovery, but like you said thats not your aim. i dont see why doing pullups daily, to nowhere near your max, would be an issue, your not creating any huge muscle tear and as long as you arnt expecting to see any massive gains then what the hell, its just a wee bit of exercise. you walk daily and your legs still cope. if you look at labourers doing manual work day in and day out, they still become stronger, granted in an endurance way, at what theyre doing. and from what ive seen, the ones that watch their diet end up looking pretty ripped too. just see whether it works for you or not

DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you want to get leaner you should do excercises that requires lots of energy to preform, pull ups are not one them.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DanielEver View Post
    if you want to get leaner you should do excercises that requires lots of energy to preform, pull ups are not one them.
    Posts like this are why Ex. will never have nice things.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by bodybuild2day View Post
    you cant work the same body part everyday.
    Yes you can. But if you work it too hard you might overtrain in that you might not be recovered enough the next day to beat your previous performance. But if you pull back too much to avoid that, you might not train hard enough to cause hypertrophy. It's a riddle.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BW is fine everyday.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

bigal14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just purchased a "chin up" bar today. It's mounted on the door and I do a few reps everytime I walk past it.

Obviously it allows for pull ups and chin ups and it also has the handles that stick out towards you (ie, pull ups facing each other sideways...i dont know if there is a technical term for this but I will just refer to them as "side pullups" for the current purposes)

thanks for any responses
    mate, i spent 2 years in prison...the amount of training people there do put to shame the so called "principles" around here. Heavy lifting, heavy cardio, heavy eating, heavy resting and yes heaps of push ups, sit ups, pull/chin ups EVERYDAY. These guys were machines. enough said

Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wildor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same door pullup station. when im being lazy and dont want to go to the gym I do the 30min pullup challenge. All sets to failure so it ends up looking like 15 reps then 12reps then 10 reps and so on. Its fun and after you will breathing heavy with a huge back and bicep pump.

samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100) samcol is not very well liked. (-100)
    i would say there is no problem doing them everyday. it reminds of broz knowz theory on squatting. if you had to put 100 lbs on your squat in a 3 months or your family would die, would you squat once a week? 3 times? 2 times a day?

i got one of these pullup bars and put it in my bedroom doorway. everytime i passed through i had to do 5 strict chinups. well lets just say doing 50+ extra pullups a day goes a long way to getting good at pullups. of course i started with just doing negatives and fewer reps then worked my way up. eventually i stopped doing them and moved onto doing weighted chins during my regular workout, but i attribute a lot of strength to doing them everyday like this.

i can 3 rep with 75lbs at 185lbs now which is decent, and i attribute much of it to doing chins everyday.

tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomsfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if i could do them everyday i would,i do them 4 or 5 days a week.so far so good.