Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bro1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Charles Poliquin and his Courses

Dear All,

I was wondering whether Charles Poliquin truly is as knowledgable and great at what he does as a lot of people say. Problem is, I have never heard of an average Joe having first-hand knowledge on the certification programs (only fanboys or colleagues of him) or personal training experiences. I've also never seen him on TV or such like.

- Have you ever attended one of his seminars, certification programs, have you been a client of his?
    - Do you think he and his success stories are for real, or is it more fake and blown out of proportion than anything else?

Thanks!!

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bro1989 View Post
    Dear All,

I was wondering whether Charles Poliquin truly is as knowledgable and great at what he does as a lot of people say. Problem is, I have never heard of an average Joe having first-hand knowledge on the certification programs (only fanboys or colleagues of him) or personal training experiences. I've also never seen him on TV or such like.

- Have you ever attended one of his seminars, certification programs, have you been a client of his?
    - Do you think he and his success stories are for real, or is it more fake and blown out of proportion than anything else?

Thanks!!
    Every coach markets himself. Charles obviously knows what he's talking about because he has expressed correct views which contradict the establishment line on a variety of topics.

From what I understand, his courses are expensive and demanding, which is why there aren't many trainers who possess Poliquin certifications.

It's true that Poliquin certainly has a strong "fanbase" on the internet (I count myself among them), but what's equally true is that the level of knowledge and discussion on internet forums dedicated to fitness is much higher than that found in the real-world at all but the most elite gyms.

For instance, I've encountered successful, veteran trainers who did not know the difference between powerlifting and olympic lifting, simply because they didn't need to know.

For all the stupidity on the net, the level of discourse is still much higher than that found in real life, where most people are operating at something barely above a vegetative state.
    Last edited by Al Shades; 10-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.

nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When ever you look into getting a certification or license you have to think how it will benefit your business. Does Poliquin have a name or program that a has a large following and will bring you in more business? For me the answer is very clear, for others they may have a different opinion or target audience. You have to weigh the postives and negatives of the course and the moeny you will be spending.

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    His training knowledge (PICP stuff) is definitely much more sound than his nutrition/supplement stuff (Biosig etc). Read all of his old articles (http://www.t-nation.com/ALSAuthor.do...iquin&pageNo=1) and you'll pick up a lot of his knowledge there, even if some of it was from the late 90s, most of it was so ahead of its time when it was written that it's still relevant. For a much cheaper breakdown of his nutrition principles for fat loss and muscle gain, you can buy the podcasts off his site (http://us.cpoliquin.com/Poliquin_Multimedia_s/4.htm). If after reading all of his old articles, and investing $20 in his podcasts you feel like you want to know more, then by all means go ahead with a cert.