Juiceyjen209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry How am I losing inches but not weight?

So I started at 178lbs on January 1st and I'm down 10lbs to 168 since. My weight loss has stalled but I'm losing inches because I can feel it in my clothes (I've gone down maybe 1 size). What's the deal? It's beyond frustrating! My diet is on point as are my workouts (I've been switching up workout intensities and lengths every week). I need help!
    "Trust the process"
    "Nothing tastes better than skinny feels"

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are losing inches, then you are doing it right. Ignore the scale.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Juiceyjen209 View Post
    So I started at 178lbs on January 1st and I'm down 10lbs to 168 since. My weight loss has stalled but I'm losing inches because I can feel it in my clothes (I've gone down maybe 1 size). What's the deal? It's beyond frustrating! My diet is on point as are my workouts (I've been switching up workout intensities and lengths every week). I need help!
    Don't be a scale worshiper and try to adhere to the first line in your own signature.
    Better Body Sports
    thad@betterbodysports.com

Check out BBS on ******** for daily giveaways!

http://www.********.com/pages/Better-Body-Sports/148301508542835

**My training log with Team Ogre **
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158235303&page=53

ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    If you are losing inches, then you are doing it right. Ignore the scale.

^^^This. Losing inches is more important than losing weight.
    ...i remain, he who remains to be...
    3K+

kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500) kris90 is not very helpful. (-500)
    you are probably recomping, meaning putting on some muscle as you lose fat. remember muscle weighs more than fat, and is also more dense/compact. this is good news!

^^^I don't even Lift^^^ LiftRforLife's Avatar
    LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000) LiftRforLife is just really nice. (+1000)
    dnt go by the scale go by body composition its a more accurate depiction of how your workouts are changing your body. weight fluctuates so much its not really worth keeping a detailled track of. my suggestion is to get a pinch test to analyze body fat and then work to change that.
    "The grass grows green with blood spilt from the wounds of effort"

"The more one sacrifices, the harder it becomes to surrender"

Rep on site: Lawlzorz

New York Gun Crew Western Division

Watermelon Green Magnitude Log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157624163&p=1148763173#post1148763173
    Watermelon Green Magnitude Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157624663&p=1148772733#post1148772733

Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unless you are a jockey, (or in some other professional where your weight is an issue...) the scale doesn't not matter. Inches lost are good news.
    Back in the saddle again...YEEHAW

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How long have you been stalled/stuck? You don't want to depend solely on the scale, but it is needed as a tool for tracking progress.

If a person is eating in a deficit tying to lose body fat, there should be a continued steady movement on the scale. If you're going for weeks with no scale movement, then something needs to be tweaked/fine tuned in your diet.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Check out my body space. I have lost like 5 pounds since Dec but my comparison pics shows a good change. Rely on pics and how you feel.. not the numbers on the scale.

I went to the doctor where my mother in law works and told her I lost a pound in a week.. She looked at my chart where it says i'm 163 and she wanted to re weigh me lol she didn't believe I weighed that much. She said I must have a lot of muscle. :Shruggs: and I hide the fat well lol

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    How long have you been stalled/stuck? You don't want to depend solely on the scale, but it is needed as a tool for tracking progress.

If a person is eating in a deficit tying to lose body fat, there should be a continued steady movement on the scale. If you're going for weeks with no scale movement, then something needs to be tweaked/fine tuned in your diet.

It's been stuck for about 2 weeks. Do you think using superpump 250 might have anything to do with the weight stall? I just started using it with workouts about a month ago
    "Trust the process"

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's been stuck for about 2 weeks. Do you think using superpump 250 might have anything to do with the weight stall? I just started using it with workouts about a month ago
    It's only been 2 weeks, so I wouldn't be too concerned. The superpump is 25 calories per serving and there is creatine in it, if I'm not mistaken. So it could be a simple matter of your body adjusting to the new supp.

Give it another couple weeks and if you're still stuck, then you'll need to look closer at your diet.

It's only been 2 weeks, so I wouldn't be too concerned. The superpump is 25 calories per serving and there is creatine in it, if I'm not mistaken. So it could be a simple matter of your body adjusting to the new supp.

Give it another couple weeks and if you're still stuck, then you'll need to look closer at your diet.
    What do you think about this....

I eat about 1200 calories/day. Breakfast: 1 egg 2 whites scrambled w/olive oil. Snack:small apple w/peanut butter. Lunch: 4oz grilled chicken breast with 1/4 cup brown rice with olive oil. Snack: string cheese or granola bar. Dinner: same as lunch.

Workouts consist of 5-6 days a week, 30min of strength training/weights and 40-50 minutes of cardio (some days high intensity like running and some days lower intensity like elliptical) and I usually have 1 or 2 rest days a week but my diet stays the same. I'm also drinking 1 gallon of water per day.
    "Trust the process"

momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're calories are too low for your weight and activity level, that is probably why you are stalling (body going into starvation mode). Calculate your maintenance and then subtract 500, check the stickies on the nutrition and fat loss sections.

Are you having 6 servings of fruits and veggies per day (3 fruit/3 veggie)? Your carbs are low as you could add in fruits and oatmeal/sweet potatoes/brown rice/wheat bread. I would aim for at least 4-5 servings. Most nutritionists that I have met with give you a 10 protein/7 starch/2 milk/3 fruit/3 veg/4 fat plan that of course can be modified for your activity level.

How is your energy during your workouts? I can't imagine that you're getting enough to fuel your workouts, except perhaps your preworkout is giving you a caffeine kick to do it, but caffeine isn't the only way to fuel.

I ate at your calorie level and ended up gaining all of my weight back (not fun!).

Originally Posted by momwithmuscle View Post
    You're calories are too low for your weight and activity level, that is probably why you are stalling (body going into starvation mode). Calculate your maintenance and then subtract 500, check the stickies on the nutrition and fat loss sections.

Are you having 6 servings of fruits and veggies per day (3 fruit/3 veggie)? Your carbs are low as you could add in fruits and oatmeal/sweet potatoes/brown rice/wheat bread. I would aim for at least 4-5 servings. Most nutritionists that I have met with give you a 10 protein/7 starch/2 milk/3 fruit/3 veg/4 fat plan that of course can be modified for your activity level.

How is your energy during your workouts? I can't imagine that you're getting enough to fuel your workouts, except perhaps your preworkout is giving you a caffeine kick to do it, but caffeine isn't the only way to fuel.

I ate at your calorie level and ended up gaining all of my weight back (not fun!).
    My maintenance is between 1800-2000. So if I subtract 500 from that, I should eat no less than 1300 right? Plus the 500 I burn with cardio that should be 1000cal/day= about 1.5-2lbs loss per week (3500cal=1 pound). I have to be honest, without taking the superpump 250 I dont have much energy for my workouts, atleast not enought to train hard.
    "Trust the process"

momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) momwithmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My maintenance is between 1800-2000. So if I subtract 500 from that, I should eat no less than 1300 right? Plus the 500 I burn with cardio that should be 1000cal/day= about 1.5-2lbs loss per week (3500cal=1 pound). I have to be honest, without taking the superpump 250 I dont have much energy for my workouts, atleast not enought to train hard.
    You should calculate your maintenance with your activity factor (i.e. the cardio you do) so that would put your maintenance higher than 1800-2000, and then you subtract 500 from that # (i.e. if it was 2300 based upon the amount you exercise, subtract 500 from that). I haven't seen any advice on here to go lower than 500 of your maintenance.

Otherwise you're putting yourself in hoarding mode where your weight loss stalls, you risk getting the symptoms of starvation (which put me in the hospital many times, electrolytes off, dizziness for months on end, fainting, and can be very dangerous and deadly, and I had those symptoms at 1200 calories), and risk losing all of the lean body mass you fight hard to build weight training.

I am biased though as a recovering anorexic/bulimic, I don't want others to go through my living hell but not everyone who diets ends up with an eating disorder (I'm just one of the lucky ones).
    Last edited by momwithmuscle; 03-20-2011 at 08:27 PM.

ritacastorini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the exact same issue
    down 3 pant sizes and down one bra size
    down a little body fat
    but noting on the scale for over two months other than one pound
    I am so sick of people saying dont look at the scale
    I have to weigh a certain weight to compete and was hoping to try my first one in june
    cut cant image it at 160 still
    my diet is crazy no carbs, eat clean stuff, water like crazy and no sweets and hardly any salt, 5 small meals a day protein bar protein shake blah blah blah
    chicken, fish, bison, veggies
    who ever can fix this will be the most amazing ever
    even my trainer scraches his head at the weight issue
    i do lift 5 days a week
    abs and cardio 6 days a week (i change it up..)
    hhmmmmmmmmmmmm

" Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
    Mahatma Ghandi~

"Never Give Up Never Give Up Never Give up" Winston Churchill~

elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elaina08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rita, just cause I'm interested how many calories are you eating?
    Romans 8:24, 'We were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?'.

How am I today? I'm truly blessed!

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ritacastorini View Post
    I have the exact same issue
    down 3 pant sizes and down one bra size
    down a little body fat
    but noting on the scale for over two months other than one pound
    I am so sick of people saying dont look at the scale
    I have to weigh a certain weight to compete and was hoping to try my first one in june
    cut cant image it at 160 still
    my diet is crazy no carbs, eat clean stuff, water like crazy and no sweets and hardly any salt, 5 small meals a day protein bar protein shake blah blah blah
    chicken, fish, bison, veggies
    who ever can fix this will be the most amazing ever
    even my trainer scraches his head at the weight issue
    i do lift 5 days a week
    abs and cardio 6 days a week (i change it up..)
    hhmmmmmmmmmmmm
    No carbs? What about refeeds? They're needed to restore leptin levels.

Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farley1234 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Losing fat, gaining muscle

ritacastorini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi
    I dont usually get more than 40 carbs per day
    once I carb load every 8 days for one day

Originally Posted by elaina08 View Post
    Rita, just cause I'm interested how many calories are you eating?
    " Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
    Mahatma Ghandi~

"Never Give Up Never Give Up Never Give up" Winston Churchill~

What do you think about this....

I eat about 1200 calories/day. Breakfast: 1 egg 2 whites scrambled w/olive oil. Snack:small apple w/peanut butter. Lunch: 4oz grilled chicken breast with 1/4 cup brown rice with olive oil. Snack: string cheese or granola bar. Dinner: same as lunch.

Workouts consist of 5-6 days a week, 30min of strength training/weights and 40-50 minutes of cardio (some days high intensity like running and some days lower intensity like elliptical) and I usually have 1 or 2 rest days a week but my diet stays the same. I'm also drinking 1 gallon of water per day.
    Those calories are too low. The longer you diet, the more you lose, the harder it gets. You will need to continue lowering calories along the way and when you start off too low, you'll end up with no where to go. As of now, you should be around 1700 for steady fat loss.

Put more focus into your weights and back off on some of the cardio. Go heavy and use shorter rest periods between sets. Throw in a couple 10-15 min HIIT sessions with 10 min cool downs. This along with a couple LISS (steady state cardio) 25-30 min. A combination of both work well when dieting. You'll retain more muscle this way as opposed to longer cardio sessions.