Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

This is why most of us will never be an olympic athlete. (vid)

When I was his age I was playing pokemon...

Squat: 135 lbs
    Bench: 225 lbs
    Deadlift: 185 lbs

Stop quoting my stats. I know what I'm doing if I can deadlift 1.5 plates.

Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's still less than a hundred pounds... But it's awesome that little kids are into it, and I hope he sticks with it.

trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I mean, look at his form. He has to have been practicing for a while now. In 10 years or so He'll be what, 20? Can you imagine if he sticks to it? Probably C&J 140kg or something.

jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by trailless View Post
    I mean, look at his form. He has to have been practicing for a while now. In 10 years or so He'll be what, 20? Can you imagine if he sticks to it? Probably C&J 140kg or something.
    by age 20 he'd be c&j'ing a lot more than that man.

But just to throw **** in the fire.

Hysen started about his age, and look at him now...

Can't imagine... Sad to hear about Hysen though.

Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Belzoni is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I read about this coach who only let his kid do the lifts with a broomstick and then let him max when he was sixteen. Allegedly he cleaned 140kg. I doubt the truth here though I mean, ou have to have some prett good strength to do that... Moreso than your average broomstick can provide...

SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Most of these kids will never become olympic athletes either.

2.5 kg bumper plates? So silly.

Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000)
    that kid is lifting with better technique than me

fml
    Olympic lifting crew
    That feel when I have a GF crew
    Misc Med student crew

started training the O-lifts: January 2012

Snatch: 85 kg
    C&J: 110 kg

nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nova6868 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SquinkysGhost View Post
    Most of these kids will never become olympic athletes either.

2.5 kg bumper plates? So silly.
    Actually it's not silly. You get them used to training with a loaded bar. Psychologically, they are not challenged by seeing a bar full of plates. Then as they get older and stronger, you simply start using real weights.

Originally Posted by nova6868 View Post
    Actually it's not silly. You get them used to training with a loaded bar. Psychologically, they are not challenged by seeing a bar full of plates. Then as they get older and stronger, you simply start using real weights.
    I don't know man, I think as far as a psychological standpoint goes, at that age wouldn't it make sense to have them on a general strength program, then add olympic lifts into it? I just don't see the point in training the lifts that light, why not get stronger and more explosive, while training the form on the lifts, and then return to more in depth training of the lifts once a base measure of strength/explosiveness is acquired?

Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000) Doncanutcho is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Belzoni View Post
    I don't know man, I think as far as a psychological standpoint goes, at that age wouldn't it make sense to have them on a general strength program, then add olympic lifts into it? I just don't see the point in training the lifts that light, why not get stronger and more explosive, while training the form on the lifts, and then return to more in depth training of the lifts once a base measure of strength/explosiveness is acquired?
    because technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, ...

and then some more technique
    Also I hope you dont believe that this is actually all they do
    ofc they are also training for general strength and conditioning
    Olympic lifting crew
    Misc Med student crew

Originally Posted by Doncanutcho View Post
    because technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, technique, ...

and then some more technique
    Also I hope you dont believe that this is actually all they do
    ofc they are also training for general strength and conditioning
    Technique is important. But that kid could barely stand up from a forty pound clean. Really doesn't matter how pretty you can make it look unless you can make the lift. I don't want to go all simmons/rippetoe on this but I think all beginners need a base strength/explosiveness level. Just my personal thoughts and observation

Oh, and if you look at all the little Chinese kids his age cleaning ten times that, they have them squatting and pulling A TON

jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jagboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Technique is important. But that kid could barely stand up from a forty pound clean. Really doesn't matter how pretty you can make it look unless you can make the lift. I don't want to go all simmons/rippetoe on this but I think all beginners need a base strength/explosiveness level. Just my personal thoughts and observation

Oh, and if you look at all the little Chinese kids his age cleaning ten times that, they have them squatting and pulling A TON
    not sure if this homie is trolling or not?

Originally Posted by jagboy View Post
    Just giving my take, not trying to force anyone to believe it.

Well the plates already add up to 55lbs. The bar, if it's a technique bar, will weigh another 5-10kg. Yes I know it's not much weight but that's still impressive. He literally has another decade to train before really having to compete.

Well the plates already add up to 55lbs. The bar, if it's a technique bar, will weigh another 5-10kg. Yes I know it's not much weight but that's still impressive. He literally has another decade to train before really having to compete.
    these children already compete but those competitions are not about pounds on the bar

the children get points for technique in the lifts and then theres an athletics part with broadjumps and such evaluating speed and explosiveness
    AFAIK this goes till theyre about 12yo
    Olympic lifting crew
    Misc Med student crew

Originally Posted by Doncanutcho View Post
    these children already compete but those competitions are not about pounds on the bar

the children get points for technique in the lifts and then theres an athletics part with broadjumps and such evaluating speed and explosiveness
    AFAIK this goes till theyre about 12yo
    I competed I a meet last month where a few young kids competed. The only difference from the older guys was that the guys competed with the girls too, and none of them actually used a bar it was a broomstick with plates on it. A little girl won about five years old over a little girl and boy about four. I'm in another one next month, will report how it goes

Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000)

u srsly commenting on the kid's strength brah? He looks no older than 8 years old, and is demonstrating incredible form proficiency with a weight that is obviously heavy for him. Strength development at his size would be fruitless and entirely needless. He'll become far stronger through puberty alone than he would from any amount of strength training at this time.

I guarantee you this boy also adheres to a sprinting, jumping and plyometric training schedule. He will CJ 140 KG before 16.
    Best gym lifts: S 430 / B 385 / D 480 both C&S

Originally Posted by Smolovicus View Post
    u srsly commenting on the kid's strength brah? He looks no older than 8 years old, and is demonstrating incredible form proficiency with a weight that is obviously heavy for him. Strength development at his size would be fruitless and entirely needless. He'll become far stronger through puberty alone than he would from any amount of strength training at this time.

I guarantee you this boy also adheres to a sprinting, jumping and plyometric training schedule. He will CJ 140 KG before 16.
    As I said, I didn't wanna start a fight, but yes I personally believe that if I had acquired proper positions in squats and pulls then loaded them up earlier, less than ten, I would be a better lifter. I mean If kiss can do other sports that young, why not, I don't know, lift weights?

huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    As I said, I didn't wanna start a fight, but yes I personally believe that if I had acquired proper positions in squats and pulls then loaded them up earlier, less than ten, I would be a better lifter. I mean If kiss can do other sports that young, why not, I don't know, lift weights?
    lack of test as a child = big weights aren't necessary
    surplus of neurons as a child = strict on technique (read: myelination)
    The Long Road to Competition... My olympic weightlifting journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145925733

Originally Posted by huntito View Post
    lack of test as a child = big weights aren't necessary
    surplus of neurons as a child = strict on technique (read: myelination)
    Hang on - surplus of neurons means that they have the ABILITY to enhance their muscle memory, not the necessity, though since technique is necessity it's an irrelevant point. Humans acquire the greatest amount of body control as children, and it's no coincidence that kids that start sports younger are better at them when they're older.

Lacck of test might make heavy weights less possible but not less necessary. But that's sort of like saying women can't lift heavy because they have less test than men. Regardless of your hormones you can always strive to become stronger than you are now. You're just less likely to become world champ steroid free :-P

All this being said, I did not intend to start a fight, and if you guys have methods that work for you, or your clients, i am making no attempt to sway you from them. However, this is what I believe, what I've observed, and what has worked the best* for me.

Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oarsome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Starting young gives an advantage sure...but it also will have a HUGE burn out and the kid by 18 or so might be so bored / annoyed with it. Not like Bball where you get paid for it.. And yes he is learning the basics now and all that but a kid playing football might be developing more strength and come 13-14 though not technically there might have a far bigger strength base??

Not to mention he might just not have the genetics to make it. I mean if his dad is 6ft 6 and his mom is tall as well he might just be too tall as from most accounts the better lifters are shorter..arent they?

Originally Posted by Oarsome View Post
    Starting young gives an advantage sure...but it also will have a HUGE burn out and the kid by 18 or so might be so bored / annoyed with it. Not like Bball where you get paid for it.. And yes he is learning the basics now and all that but a kid playing football might be developing more strength and come 13-14 though not technically there might have a far bigger strength base??

Not to mention he might just not have the genetics to make it. I mean if his dad is 6ft 6 and his mom is tall as well he might just be too tall as from most accounts the better lifters are shorter..arent they?
    Fair enough

huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000) huntito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Oarsome View Post

The tall ones are always super heavys
    The Long Road to Competition... My olympic weightlifting journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145925733

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jagboy View Post
    Strength sport, not a technique sport.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SquinkysGhost is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    Strength sport, not a technique sport.
    People will never get it. I'm starting to think that people delibarately sabotage themselves mentally because they want to look up to weightlifting as some sort of devine practice. But really it's just lifting a ****ing weight.

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

real life...is this it?

Anyway my coach's daughter just doubled 32 on C&J at 9 years old. Yes all she does is snatch, C&J and squat.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hang on - surplus of neurons means that they have the ABILITY to enhance their muscle memory, not the necessity, though since technique is necessity it's an irrelevant point. Humans acquire the greatest amount of body control as children, and it's no coincidence that kids that start sports younger are better at them when they're older.

Lacck of test might make heavy weights less possible but not less necessary. But that's sort of like saying women can't lift heavy because they have less test than men. Regardless of your hormones you can always strive to become stronger than you are now. You're just less likely to become world champ steroid free :-P

All this being said, I did not intend to start a fight, and if you guys have methods that work for you, or your clients, i am making no attempt to sway you from them. However, this is what I believe, what I've observed, and what has worked the best* for me.
    lol @ telling pre-pubecent kids to get stronger. That kid isn't training to be a great school age lifter, he's training to reach his max potential. The benefit of starting kids in wl before puberty is because the nervous system is even more plastic than it is in adolescence, and so the nervous system can be primed for speed and explosive power and correct technique is engrained and forced due to lack of strength.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188

Originally Posted by DaTruth1 View Post
    lol @ telling pre-pubecent kids to get stronger. That kid isn't training to be a great school age lifter, he's training to reach his max potential. The benefit of starting kids in wl before puberty is because the nervous system is even more plastic than it is in adolescence, and so the nervous system can be primed for speed and explosive power and correct technique is engrained and forced due to lack of strength.
    I'm confused... This sounds like an agreement with me... I didn't hear a reason why a kid couldn't get strong...

unlocking asian genetics DaTruth1's Avatar
    DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DaTruth1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm confused... This sounds like an agreement with me... I didn't hear a reason why a kid couldn't get strong...
    What? No, there is no point in getting stronger before puberty, the gains would be negligible. Technique is better taught when young, and strength is better gained when not as young, you'd be stupid not to take advantage of that. The way they train does prime their neuromuscular system though and allows them to make huge strength gains once their T is up. Technique > strength anyways though. The guy with the highest front squat doesn't win the meet, the guy with the best snatch + clean and jerk does. Strength is a factor, but technique is too and when you are trying to create an elite athlete, perfect technique is way harder to teach/less guaranteed than strength. I am not talking about dudes like us who post on a forum asking for advice and probly only see a coach once every few weeks, of course some noob who started lifting when they were 17 would improve from getting stronger.
    112.5 snatch
    131 cj

Log: http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=15188