Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Red face The Side Effects of (over)-masturbation

OK...
    So, the reason I'm posting this, is because the topic of masturbation came up in my neuroscience lab, which consequently led me to do my own quick research.

Over Masturbation Resource

There are numerous side effects atteched to "over" masturbation. According to doctors, anything over 2-3 times per week is over-masturbation.

And here are some side-effects:

Frequent masturbation and ejaculation stimulate acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous functions excessively, resulting in the over production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. Abundant and unusually amount of these hormones and neurotransmitters can cause the brain and adrenal glands to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion and turn the brain and body functions to be extremely sympathetic. In other words, there is a big change of body chemistry when one excessively pratices masturbation.

Fatigue. Feeling tired all the time
    Lower back pain
    Stress / Anxiety
    Thinning hair / Hair Loss
    Soft / Weak Erection
    Premature Ejaculation
    Eye floaters or fuzzy vision
    Groin / Testicular Pain
    Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone

Also...
    Studies have shown the masturbation (ejaculation) leads to an increase in the secretion of plasma prolactin, which in turn lead to a decrease in Testosterone. And it seems the decrease in test. is done by its conversion to DHT --> Hair loss

Recent advance in the treatment of male pattern baldness have revealed that hair loss in males is directly related to DHT and the amount in your body. It is also an understanding that the production of DHT is related to sex and/or masturbation. With that in mind, does that mean there is a link between hair loss and masturbation?

Over-masturbation or over-ejaculation converts too much testosterone into dihydrotestosterone(DHT). High levels of DHT overload the body causing baldness and possible prostate enlargement if blood circulation is poor in the prostate area. Reducing the frequency of masturbation or ejaculation will help maintain low levels of DHT and avoid hair loss.

Endocrine Effects of Maturbation in Men

Let's use this thread to find and post good articles/studies about masturbation.
    And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the Lord be with you." (1 Samuel 17:37)

Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lalalalalalala----I don't hear you-----lalalallalalalallalala----It can't be!!!!
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50) ballsoftitanium will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good post man.

I've been trying to cut down on my fappage and now i have some incentive.

bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100)
    WOW i have all of those problems except for erectile dysfunction and fatigue.
    Last edited by bigkarl; 04-14-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Exotic Game Hunter NuggzTheNinja's Avatar
    NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TranceNRG View Post
    OK...
    So, the reason I'm posting this, is because the topic of masturbation came up in my neuroscience lab, which consequently led me to do my own quick research.

Over Masturbation Resource

There are numerous side effects atteched to "over" masturbation. According to doctors, anything over 2-3 times per week is over-masturbation.

And here are some side-effects:

Frequent masturbation and ejaculation stimulate acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous functions excessively, resulting in the over production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. Abundant and unusually amount of these hormones and neurotransmitters can cause the brain and adrenal glands to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion and turn the brain and body functions to be extremely sympathetic. In other words, there is a big change of body chemistry when one excessively pratices masturbation.

Fatigue. Feeling tired all the time
    Lower back pain
    Stress / Anxiety
    Thinning hair / Hair Loss
    Soft / Weak Erection
    Premature Ejaculation
    Eye floaters or fuzzy vision
    Groin / Testicular Pain
    Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone

Also...
    Studies have shown the masturbation (ejaculation) leads to an increase in the secretion of plasma prolactin, which in turn lead to a decrease in Testosterone. And it seems the decrease in test. is done by its conversion to DHT --> Hair loss

Recent advance in the treatment of male pattern baldness have revealed that hair loss in males is directly related to DHT and the amount in your body. It is also an understanding that the production of DHT is related to sex and/or masturbation. With that in mind, does that mean there is a link between hair loss and masturbation?

Over-masturbation or over-ejaculation converts too much testosterone into dihydrotestosterone(DHT). High levels of DHT overload the body causing baldness and possible prostate enlargement if blood circulation is poor in the prostate area. Reducing the frequency of masturbation or ejaculation will help maintain low levels of DHT and avoid hair loss.

Endocrine Effects of Maturbation in Men

Let's use this thread to find and post good articles/studies about masturbation.
    Those are some pretty strong implications.

Eye floaties caused by masturbation? I get floaties from staring at things which are very bright, like white pieces of paper that are mostly blank or white lab tabletops. There could be a correlation here...need to find an Ethiopian girl pronto.

On a more serious note, a pubmed search revealed case studies in which epilepsy, in some patients, is believed to cause excessive masturbation. Case studies have also shown that autism and ADD can also cause excessive masturbation.

Additionally, a search showed no articles linking masturbation to lower back pain, visual anomalies. Though some studies did show an increase in prolactin secretion in women, these studies concluded only that prolactin was a viable endocrine marker of sexual arousal.

One German study (Steeno et al, 1979) actually found a reduction in hyperprolactinemia post-masturbation in women in self-reported stressful situations.

In regards to endocrine responses, an excerpt from Kruger et al, 1998:

Data regarding the neuroendocrine response pattern to sexual arousal and orgasm in man are inconsistent. In this study, ten healthy male volunteers were continuously monitored for their cardiovascular and neuroendocrine response to sexual arousal and orgasm. Blood was continuously drawn before, during and after masturbation-induced orgasm and analyzed for plasma concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, growth hormone (GH), beta-endorphin and testosterone. Orgasm induced transient increases in heart rate, blood pressure and noradrenaline plasma levels. Prolactin plasma levels increased during orgasm and remained elevated 30 min after orgasm. In contrast, none of the other endocrine variables were significantly affected by sexual arousal and orgasm.
    I don't know Trance, this seems like propaganda to me. Do you have any sources aside from this herbal site?
    Last edited by NuggzTheNinja; 04-14-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    This account was created for the purpose of roleplaying and satire. All posts, messages, images, or other media produced by this Bodybuilding.com profile, including stories, names, references to characters and incidents, and views expressed, are fictitious and intended as parody. No identification or association with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, or products is intended or should be inferred.

TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only intercourse is beneficial

Cuts public Speaking Stress

Scientific Study

people who had penile-vaginal intercourse (as opposed to masturbation or other vaginal intercourse behaviors) scored lower blood pressure values in a stressful situation.
    And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the Lord be with you." (1 Samuel 17:37)

Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand. (1 Samuel 17:50)

Originally Posted by NuggzTheNinja View Post
    I don't know Trance, this seems like propaganda to me. Do you have any sources aside from this herbal site?
    Not at the moment.
    But look into studies done by Stuart Brody.

He indicates that a heterosexual intercourse is superior to all other forms of sexual behaviours/actions.

Sex is 4 times better than masturbation

Sex with a partner is 400% better
    Last edited by TranceNRG; 04-14-2007 at 03:02 PM.

NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not at the moment.
    But look into studies done by Stuart Brody.

He indicates that a heterosexual intercourse is superior to all other forms of sexual behaviours/actions.

Sex is 4 times better than masturbation
    It is difficult to determine whether the differences in endocrine secretion resulting from heterosexual intercourse versus masturbation are due to the type of sexual arousal, or due to the increased exhiliration of having sex as opposed to sitting there "whacking it".

In order to do a study controlled in this way, the man would essentially have to be restrained during intercourse (so that he could not be "doing the work" and thus exerting more energy in the act) similarly to the way he would be exerting himself during masturbation, if that makes any sense.
    This account was created for the purpose of roleplaying and satire. All posts, messages, images, or other media produced by this Bodybuilding.com profile, including stories, names, references to characters and incidents, and views expressed, are fictitious and intended as parody. No identification or association with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, or products is intended or should be inferred.

It is difficult to determine whether the differences in endocrine secretion resulting from heterosexual intercourse versus masturbation are due to the type of sexual arousal, or due to the increased exhiliration of having sex as opposed to sitting there "whacking it".

In order to do a study controlled in this way, the man would essentially have to be restrained during intercourse (so that he could not be "doing the work" and thus exerting more energy in the act) similarly to the way he would be exerting himself during masturbation, if that makes any sense.
    You're right, it's difficult to set a very accurate experiment in this regards. However, I do think it's very difficult to set a completely accurate study for any hypothesis.

As for the secretion of prolactin, it has been proven that is occurs. (Plasma proactin increases after ejaculation).

And the following link sheds light on certain "side effects" of increased prolactin.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prolactinoma/DS00532

The major effect of increased prolactin is a decrease in normal levels of sex hormones ? estrogen in women and testosterone in men.

You're right, it's difficutl to set a very accurate experiments in this regards. However, I do think it's very difficult to set a completely accurate study for any hypothesis.

As for the secretion of prolactin, it has been proven that is occurs. (Plasma proactin increases after ejaculation).

And the following link sheds light on certain "side effects" of increased prolactin.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prolactinoma/DS00532
    Absolutely, the increase in prolactin secretion is rather well established. The issue is figuring out for what period of time secretion is actually increased.

If we're going to establish such a broad generalization as "to wank, or not to wank", then we have to consider pros and cons of masturbation, not just specific increases or decreases in hormones, and then weigh them against each other.

I updated the first post BTW, if you hadn't read it?

EDIT: We also must consider that prolactinoma is a chronic condition. Increases in prolactin secretion post-masturbation are likely to be very acute. It is probably inaccurate to say that masturbation will cause poor vision.
    Last edited by NuggzTheNinja; 04-14-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Absolutely, the increase in prolactin secretion is rather well established. The issue is figuring out for what period of time secretion is actually increased.
    That's true.
    However, as it was mentioned in the first site, (over) masturbation could lead to an overall neuro-endocrinal changes, since after all our bodies adapt to our frequent habits, correct?

[quote]If we're going to establish such a broad generalization as "to wank, or not to wank", then we have to consider pros and cons of masturbation, not just specific increases or decreases in hormones, and then weigh them against each other. [quote]

True...
    SO, let's use this thread, to find studies/articles about both pro and con sides of masturbation.

I updated the first post BTW, if you hadn't read it?
    I read it, thank you

EDIT: We also must consider that prolactinoma is a chronic condition. Increases in prolactin secretion post-masturbation are likely to be very acute. It is probably inaccurate to say that masturbation will cause poor vision.
    Right.

I think it comes down to the frequency of masturbation. Since our bodies adapt to continuous events and change, then high frequency in masturbation, could lead to chronic conditions.

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am intruiged (and sceptical) as to how one orgasm achieved by stimulation of the penis is bad for your health and another orgasm also achieved by stimulation of the penis is good for your health. Is this site saying if my wife jacks me off, that's good for me, but if I do it, it's bad?

Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    I am intruiged (and sceptical) as to how one orgasm achieved by stimulation of the penis is bad for your health and another orgasm also achieved by stimulation of the penis is good for your health. Is this site saying if my wife jacks me off, that's good for me, but if I do it, it's bad?
    No...

Masturbation, regardless of how it's done, worse than intercourse.

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No...

Masturbation, regardless of how it's done, worse than intercourse.
    So vaginal stimulation of the penis is good, but oral/anal/hand/sex toy is bad?

That's true.
    However, as it was mentioned in the first site, (over) masturbation could lead to an overall neuro-endocrinal changes, since after all our bodies adapt to our frequent habits, correct?

True...
    SO, let's use this thread, to find studies/articles about both pro and con sides of masturbation.

I read it, thank you

Right.

I think it comes down to the frequency of masturbation. Since our bodies adapt to continuous events and change, then high frequency in masturbation, could lead to chronic conditions.
    It depends on the pathway. Some pathways may result in increased production, others decreased production.

Combat Stress Reaction, or "shell shock", actually results from an inhibition of the natural stress response due to neuronal injury.

We see a similar thing in the administration of exogenous testosterone: endogenous testosterone production is impaired post-administration.

Likening these two activities to masturbation (a bit of a stretch perhaps?), we see that it could go either way: masturbation could either result in an increased propensity for prolactin secretion, or a decrease in prolactin secretion.

Furthermore, much of the time we find that an increased prevalence of neurotransmitter can result in downregulation of receptors, or a "desensitization" to neurotransmitters.

Either way, I don't think that there is sufficient evidence to suggest that masturbation would cause an increase in prolactin secretion, of either the magnitude or duration, sufficient to promote a chronic condition.

So vaginal stimulation of the penis is good, but oral/anal/hand/sex toy is bad?
    That's what Stuart Brody in his scientific studies claims.

THANK U 4 BEIN A FRIEND WordzWorf's Avatar
    WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WordzWorf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Jeez.Everything is bad for your health these days.
    "One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard." -Mike Tyson

Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50) Geography will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WordzWorf View Post
    Jeez.Everything is bad for your health these days.
    Best not to be born.
    Hilarious. philhyp calls me fat, but has the same size waist at 30lbs lighter.

It depends on the pathway. Some pathways may result in increased production, others decreased production.

Combat Stress Reaction, or "shell shock", actually results from an inhibition of the natural stress response due to neuronal injury.

We see a similar thing in the administration of exogenous testosterone: endogenous testosterone production is impaired post-administration.

Likening these two activities to masturbation (a bit of a stretch perhaps?), we see that it could go either way: masturbation could either result in an increased propensity for prolactin secretion, or a decrease in prolactin secretion.

Furthermore, much of the time we find that an increased prevalence of neurotransmitter can result in downregulation of receptors, or a "desensitization" to neurotransmitters.

Either way, I don't think that there is sufficient evidence to suggest that masturbation would cause an increase in prolactin secretion, of either the magnitude or duration, sufficient to promote a chronic condition.

Are you speaking about negative feedback?

Plus, correct studies do demonstrate an increase in prolactin secretion, but you're correct, as of now, we do not know the long-term reaction to such increased secretion.

However, either way, whether it causes densensitization or over-activation, it's still not "normal", correct? In other words, it could lead to a permanent neuro-endocrinal change in our bodies. right?

Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quintis Vindex will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fatigue. Feeling tired all the time -## caffeine pills
    Lower back pain -## good mornings and deadlifss
    Stress / Anxiety - ## weight training and cardio
    Thinning hair / Hair Loss -## hair club for men
    Soft / Weak Erection -## cock rings
    Premature Ejaculation -## long lasting condoms
    Eye floaters or fuzzy vision -## weed
    Groin / Testicular Pain - ## weed
    Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone ## - weed

Anything else?

nothing but a peppercorn Rambo26's Avatar
    Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    oh well

and my hair could do with thinning!
    All posts should be considered in the correct context, especially those in the Misc section.

That's what Stuart Brody in his scientific studies claims.
    So what's the underlying difference that causes the problem? As far as I can see, it either has to be the mental processes which somehow difffer with vaginal intercourse or something physical different, say vaginal secretions?

Are you speaking about negative feedback?

Plus, correct studies do demonstrate an increase in prolactin secretion, but you're correct, as of now, we do not know the long-term reaction to such increased secretion.

However, either way, whether it causes densensitization or over-activation, it's still not "normal", correct? In other words, it could lead to a permanent neuro-endocrinal change in our bodies. right?
    It's not just negative and positive feedback, but yes.

We don't know that it causes either a long-term increase or long-term decrease.

I wouldn't necessary call it unnatural either. The refractory period resulting from sexual intercourse increases quite naturally with age. Though this is thought to be mostly oxytocin dependent, prolactin is also implicated in increased refractory periods. This generally lasts under an hour, and for most young men, something in the ballpark of 30 minutes. Though personally I've found this not to be the case, your mileage may vary.

Originally Posted by Quintis Vindex View Post
    Anything else?
    Massively O/T, but:

I dunno about you man, but weed gives me fuzzy vision. Normally I'm 20/20 but I smoked one day before hitting the range to see the effect it would have on muscle stabilization. It made it harder to focus my eyes.

I much prefer very low doses of diazepam, though I imagine it would be quite difficult to run and jump in a real high-stress situation under the influence. This only really makes a difference past a few hundred yards. I do begin to notice a difference @ 300 meters and w/ rifles with heavier triggers. Effects were almost unnoticeable @ 100 yards, with all rounds (D-pam and sober) falling sub-MOA @ 100 yards supported (bipod) sitting.

So what's the underlying difference that causes the problem? As far as I can see, it either has to be the mental processes which somehow difffer with vaginal intercourse or something physical different, say vaginal secretions?
    Could be.
    There doesn't seem to be sufficient information, or if there's I am not aware of them. Perhaps, you could look into this matter and post your findings in this thread as well.

bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgates1654 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL Junk Science!

It's not just negative and positive feedback, but yes.

We don't know that it causes either a long-term increase or long-term decrease.

I wouldn't necessary call it unnatural either. The refractory period resulting from sexual intercourse increases quite naturally with age. Though this is thought to be mostly oxytocin dependent, prolactin is also implicated in increased refractory periods. This generally lasts under an hour, and for most young men, something in the ballpark of 30 minutes. Though personally I've found this not to be the case, your mileage may vary.
    Can't we infer that the reason refractory period increase with age, is due to lower amount of testosterone, to begin with. Thus, prolactin secretion, lowers the test. even further, hence longer refractory period.

Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was reading a book once and it stated that the human body can tell the difference between masturbation and sexual intercourse. Maybe do to hormones during intercourse or something like that?

Interesting stuff though, you got anymore information on over masturbation like studies, etc.?

Could be.
    There doesn't seem to be sufficient information, or if there's I am not aware of them. Perhaps, you could look into this matter and post your findings in this thread as well.
    Well, it just seems rather strange either way. I don't understand why the mental processes would change radically depending on which orifice you use and physiological differences seem unlikely as well. Coupled with the fact that this is one guy, I'm going with the 'lone crank' explanation until further notice.

Can't we infer that the reason refractory period increase with age, is due to lower amount of testosterone, to begin with. Thus, prolactin secretion, lowers the test. even further, hence longer refractory period.

We could, but I prefer to stick to facts and data rather than making assumptions about why refractory periods change, especially when oxytocin, and not testosterone, is the hormone chiefly implicated in refractory periods in the first place.