Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Haha, that awkward moment when you run to the locker room scale after sauna time, rip off all your clothes, look at the scale number, scream "YESSSS!!!" with your arms raised in victory, and then turn to see a couple chicks behind you bert staring. We all know dat feel.

rflmao! totally! thanks for the hammie hugs!

Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    Hey MO!!! I read at the top of this page you have a coach. Srs? like diet coach? training coach? contest prep coach? Please enlighten. Gracias.
    Joe Christiano
    http://www.trainerofnaturalchampions.com

I got tired of thinking. Now I just 'do what I'm told'
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    I do this too, I hit my new low weight and I'm like and then I eat a treat meal and I'm all like
    Tried to rep you for this, but apparently I need to spread the love first. I do this, too. With the faces and everything.

Hai, Mo! Lurkin' along. 'Cause you were one of the first people to encourage me in my journal back in the day!

You got this!!
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

Eats cheese for muscle SexyBack's Avatar
    SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    rflmao! totally! thanks for the hammie hugs!

Joe Christiano
    http://www.trainerofnaturalchampions.com

I got tired of thinking. Now I just 'do what I'm told'
    Yep much easier to just do what your told then figure it out yourself. I'm with you there!
    'Cause sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak
    And when you feel weak you feel like you want to just give up
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    And just pull that *** out of you and get motivation to not give up
    And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you want to just fall flat on your face and collapse.
    ~Eminem

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149493633

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    Tried to rep you for this, but apparently I need to spread the love first. I do this, too. With the faces and everything.

Hai, Mo! Lurkin' along. 'Cause you were one of the first people to encourage me in my journal back in the day!

You got this!!
    Hai! Thanks for the positive vibes! I'm going strong..... but I love the environment here...... too bad I"m suck a ****ty poster! I am srsly bad at posting in my own journal.. let alone others!! Sorry ladies! <3 MoLuvsYa

Originally Posted by SexyBack View Post
    Yep much easier to just do what your told then figure it out yourself. I'm with you there!
    My brain is mush. Thinking is overrated anyway. LOL

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.

Aww yes. AMEN.

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SexyBack View Post
    I wish I had the dollars to do this hahah. PS. I'm lovin' Layne's vids. thanks for sharing!
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    I wish I had the dollars to do this hahah. PS. I'm lovin' Layne's vids. thanks for sharing!
    Layne is the Man! This video came just at the right time too. I needed the knowledge bombs

Yesterday - Legs + 1 HOUR cardio.
    Today - Chest & Tris + 1 HOUR cardio.....

Wow... remind me not to get fat again! HA HA HA

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Heidi, you just posted that Layne vid and then documented the hour long cardio sessions (probably close to LISS) that you did over the past two days....see a conflict here? (not trying to be a jerk).

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    Heidi, you just posted that Layne vid and then documented the hour long cardio sessions (probably close to LISS) that you did over the past two days....see a conflict here? (not trying to be a jerk).
    Unfortunately, I am just doing what I'm told.

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you find it working? Doing any HIIT? Again, just curious...

Do you find it working? Doing any HIIT? Again, just curious...
    Not yet! LOL Just started doing a ton ........

Typicall fashion though, my body takes forever to respond.

HIIT, yes. I throw in some intervals for funzies

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So, it looks like I will be using a coach/mentor here soon as well. Maybe we could have a contest to see which coach does a better job with putting up with us. haha. Are you liking what you are getting from your coach so far (like access, plans, motivation, etc.)?
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

So, it looks like I will be using a coach/mentor here soon as well. Maybe we could have a contest to see which coach does a better job with putting up with us. haha. Are you liking what you are getting from your coach so far (like access, plans, motivation, etc.)?
    YAY!! So far, so good with my coach!!

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cop out answer You believe in your coach!

I am in a boat similar to Heidi re: Liss length and dieting protocol. My thoughts:

1) The body is surprisingly adaptable. Just think of marathon runners. They train 2-3hrs a day, multiple times a week. The body isn't meant to do a marathon, yet we push it... And THEY don't undergo metabolic damage from too much LISS.
    2) No such thing as over training. Only under resting and under supplementing/dieting.
    3) Our theory of metabolic damage is a cop out. It's making an excuse for why we shouldn't work to our Max capabilities... We're giving ourselves a way out already. Contest prep isn't about health - its about doing your best. If you want to be healthy, short or long term, don't compete*
    4) You hired a coach for a reason. Stick with them for a year, or at least through one contest prep. Minimum! The coach has to get to know your body. Jumping around will only hurt you. You hired this coach for a reason... Trust them. If it doesn't work, then move on.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Cop out answer You believe in your coach!

I am in a boat similar to Heidi re: Liss length and dieting protocol. My thoughts:

1) The body is surprisingly adaptable. Just think of marathon runners. They train 2-3hrs a day, multiple times a week. The body isn't meant to do a marathon, yet we push it... And THEY don't undergo metabolic damage from too much LISS.
    2) No such thing as over training. Only under resting and under supplementing/dieting.
    3) Our theory of metabolic damage is a cop out. It's making an excuse for why we shouldn't work to our Max capabilities... We're giving ourselves a way out already. Contest prep isn't about health - its about doing your best. If you want to be healthy, short or long term, don't compete*
    4) You hired a coach for a reason. Stick with them for a year, or at least through one contest prep. Minimum! The coach has to get to know your body. Jumping around will only hurt you. You hired this coach for a reason... Trust them. If it doesn't work, then move on.
    Love this! Thanks honey

Quickie Update

Strength is still great! I am hoping I don't lose much, if any, from now until March/April. Yay me.

Hit CG Lat Pulldowns for 160 x 3 again last night, better ROM and a squeeze. I had to curse at the machine, but ya know, whatever works!

I'm still starting at a 140.x on the scale..... I am also not getting frustrated. ... ok, I am a little lol Ride the wave. Put your head down and work. Be patient... ya ya, I know

Cardio has been increased (in case you weren't aware lulz) to 7 hours weekly. For me, that's a friggin eternity!! DO IT and SHUT UP. /end rant

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strength is still great! I am hoping I don't lose much, if any, from now until March/April. Yay me.

Hit CG Lat Pulldowns for 160 x 3 again last night, better ROM and a squeeze. I had to curse at the machine, but ya know, whatever works!

I'm still starting at a 140.x on the scale..... I am also not getting frustrated. ... ok, I am a little lol Ride the wave. Put your head down and work. Be patient... ya ya, I know

Cardio has been increased (in case you weren't aware lulz) to 7 hours weekly. For me, that's a friggin eternity!! DO IT and SHUT UP. /end rant

When you put it like that it does sound like an eternity.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cardio has been increased to 7 hours weekly.
    I bow to your cardio superiority.
    "No one's going to give a shat what you can lift, when they are 'miring your abs". MoEcho

Trained shoulders last night. Quick and dirty ......... tee hee

Twas good.

Tonight I'll do some arm work. My fave!

Edit: Screw that. I'm going to bed early. Will hit arms tomorrow. After all, Friday is FUN DAY!
    Last edited by MoEcho; 12-13-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Herro! Happy weekend all!

Had a decent chest/bicep session tonight with some cardio and abs.

Strength is hanging on so I'm happy about that! Pants are getting looser, but the scale is still not moving. At least I am FEELING leaner

Took the babe to see Santa today She didn't scream! HA HA HA

Snow + freezing rain FTL Will be a not-so-fun drive to the gym tonight! Stay safe everyone!

Lil Update:

Trained legs yesterday.

Took the Baby to her 'Tumblers' gymnastics class today.

Bad Idea.

PRs are still ensuing and I'm getting the ITCH to run Smolov Jr. or Sheiko......

Lil Update:

Trained legs yesterday.

Took the Baby to her 'Tumblers' gymnastics class today.

Bad Idea.

PRs are still ensuing and I'm getting the ITCH to run Smolov Jr. or Sheiko......
    What does your coach think about this???

Did I hear something about Sheiko????

What does your coach think about this???
    Not much I will wait until later....... but damn! I miss lifting heavy!

Did I hear something about Sheiko????
    Soon, my friend, soon!

Not much I will wait until later....... but damn! I miss lifting heavy!

Soon, my friend, soon!

Ok, that's what I was thinking. I may be in the same boat. I JUST started with my coach so I need to give it some time, but I am already missing lifting heavy. She says she lifts "heavy" but in higher rep ranges (like 15-20 and sometimes more). Now, I do believe all rep ranges have their place, and especially when trying to "sculpt" I would imagine higher rep ranges may be even more important. However, earlier this week I did a shoulder exercise and was completely deflated when I couldn't even get 70lbs on OHP for the prescribed reps (20/16/12). Chris (my continued workout trainer) told me not to get caught up in the numbers, but it was hard. The rest of the workout I just felt like I was going through the motions, because of so many reps. Not saying I didn't get a burn out of it, just seemed boring. Now, to my coaches defense, she does advocate that higher rep ranges produce a desired endurance increase, which I am all for, but at the end of the day, I'm like you, I WANNA LIFT HEAVY! :-( The good news is that I think she is flexible (I hope, that's the feeling I get) and we can adjust the training as necessary. The diet; however, she will bring the wrath of God down on me if I a F that up. haha. Luckily, it's not too hard of a diet.

Anywho, thanks for letting me vent in your journal. Since you are going through something similar I'm sure you can relate.

Ok, that's what I was thinking. I may be in the same boat. I JUST started with my coach so I need to give it some time, but I am already missing lifting heavy. She says she lifts "heavy" but in higher rep ranges (like 15-20 and sometimes more). Now, I do believe all rep ranges have their place, and especially when trying to "sculpt" I would imagine higher rep ranges may be even more important. However, earlier this week I did a shoulder exercise and was completely deflated when I couldn't even get 70lbs on OHP for the prescribed reps (20/16/12). Chris (my continued workout trainer) told me not to get caught up in the numbers, but it was hard. The rest of the workout I just felt like I was going through the motions, because of so many reps. Not saying I didn't get a burn out of it, just seemed boring. Now, to my coaches defense, she does advocate that higher rep ranges produce a desired endurance increase, which I am all for, but at the end of the day, I'm like you, I WANNA LIFT HEAVY! :-( The good news is that I think she is flexible (I hope, that's the feeling I get) and we can adjust the training as necessary. The diet; however, she will bring the wrath of God down on me if I a F that up. haha. Luckily, it's not too hard of a diet.

Anywho, thanks for letting me vent in your journal. Since you are going through something similar I'm sure you can relate.
    Anytime!! HA HA

How are your macros? Is she hard core in terms of food choices?

Blood work

Had blood taken today.

After arguing with my Doc for 1/2 hour, I WON! I made him re-test my Thyroid -- a complete panel -- with Free T4 and T3. Jesus! Talk about self directed health care! For the amount of tax I pay for access to a GP, I should get much less lip! HA HA HA

I hope everything is normal. Then I can focus on WTF is going on with the slowest fat loss in the universe. No more blaming my 'maybe' Thyroid issue

CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10) CodeGrinder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Had blood taken today... a complete panel -- with Free T4 and T3.
    Awesome! If this comes back negative, IMHO you need to refeed for whole a week and reset your emotional/spirit stuff (hard to imagine I actually believe in that crap). You've beat the schmidt outa your metabolism for so long long....
    "No one's going to give a shat what you can lift, when they are 'miring your abs". MoEcho