SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000) SOLIDOPS is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sprained my lower back squatting, how long should I let it recover?

I was squatting in the squat rack, and on the last rep of my last set, I had a mental slip and dropped the bar. My lower back hurt like hell, and I saw the doctor a few days later.

Got an x-ray, nothing bad apparently, and I had a sprained lower back. Was prescribed numbing cream and ibuprofen.

It will be 3 weeks since I hurt myself on Tuesday, and I'm feeling all right. I can do everything fine, and I feel completely fine, but I feel like my lower back is still weak/recovering. I don't want to hurt myself, but like I said I feel completely fine. I want to start going back to the gym.

Should I just go do cardio? Or should I start to work out again?

MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleDood is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SOLIDOPS View Post
    I was squatting in the squat rack, and on the last rep of my last set, I had a mental slip and dropped the bar. My lower back hurt like hell, and I saw the doctor a few days later.

Got an x-ray, nothing bad apparently, and I had a sprained lower back. Was prescribed numbing cream and ibuprofen.

It will be 3 weeks since I hurt myself on Tuesday, and I'm feeling all right. I can do everything fine, and I feel completely fine, but I feel like my lower back is still weak/recovering. I don't want to hurt myself, but like I said I feel completely fine. I want to start going back to the gym.

Should I just go do cardio? Or should I start to work out again?

From my experience, allways make sure that the lower back is 100% before doing anything too demanding again, if the back is still feeling sore or weak, then it is more prone to injury

for most people the lower back takes the longest to recover than anything else

you could have a good workout still just make sure you dont go heavy on the lower back and be very strict on technique, try some light higher rep stuff or somthing