Page 29 of 151 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast
    Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question Stressing over how to handle show day...

So here's the deal. In all my previous shows, pre-judging would be at noon and then the evening show would start around 6 PM and well, you know how they can go, lots of waiting around and what not. I always looked much better in pre-judging than the night show, especially in my legs as they would tend to get very bloated looking (probably from all the pacing back and forth prior to going on in the evening).

That being said, my plan was to simply shift my typical plan forward about 8-10 hours to peak for the evening when they are doing both the pre-judging and routines/awards together at same time (this is going to be really nice for a change). My fear is that all day Saturday I'm gonna drive myself crazy with meal timing and keeping my mind occupied.

I will be arriving at the venue @830 AM to check-in and for competitors meeting and then plan on hanging around to watch the amateur classes pre-judging starting at noon. Then home for a few hours before coming back to the venue.

My thought is I will be carbing up Friday later afternoon and evening, continuing the process in the AM with a large influx of carbs and then after that, I don't know. I was thinking of basically carrying a tub of sweet potato around and doing hourly or twice hourly mirror checks to hit some poses and consume carbs as necessary. Will also have some rice cakes with jelly/PB to much on periodically as the pre-judging draws closer and planning on a hoagie 2-3 hours prior to pre-judging as well.

Curious if there are any other pointers from guys who had to compete only in the evening portion of a show before.

Stan

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hope the foot is getting better, last few days to go
    Well done on the new prep lows
    Hopefully your get some help about your show day nutrition
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So tonight I opted to wear a different pair of sneakers than normal and it went a long way in allowing me to do cardio without my foot pain becoming too bothersome.

First off I did a bit of everything in the gym to get a good pump, focusing on all push movements as well as some quad work. I did try some barbell bench and was able to work up to 155x6 with little pain. Promising that my pec injury was just a bad strain and is finally on the mend. Did cable crossovers as well and felt okay. Confident now I can get the necessary chest pump come show day.

After lifting and posing a bit in between I did 17 minutes on the elliptical, 13 minutes on the treadmill then 5 more on the elliptical. I kept switching because after any length of time my foot would really bother me.

That leaves me with tomorrow. Historically I would do no weights or cardio on thurs or fri before a show. However, I'm not happy with my physique and the prejudging is Saturday night. I am planning on going in mid morning for some pull exercises and cardio. However I feel like **** right now so we will see what tomorrow brings

Took my son with me to the store to buy all I need for my carb up and show day. Bought him an Iron Bert Thomas take-a-long train for helping me.

Contemplating picking up Borderlands 2 for PS3 either tonight or tomorrow to help kill time and relax between tomorrow and the show. We will see...

Did in fact pick up Borderlands 2 tonight and played for a little bit. Pretty awesome game thus far! May even play while my wife helps with the Pro Tan process the next couple days

Last meal of fish/almond butter/fresh spinach is down the hatch so a bit more Borderlands and then off to bed. Last day to hit it at the gym. Gonna make it count!

- Stan

antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Did in fact pick up Borderlands 2 tonight and played for a little bit. Pretty awesome game thus far! May even play while my wife helps with the Pro Tan process the next couple days

Last meal of fish/almond butter/fresh spinach is down the hatch so a bit more Borderlands and then off to bed. Last day to hit it at the gym. Gonna make it count!

- Stan
    first off, very solid game hah…secondly, go ahead and kill it tomorrow and carry the momentum right on through the show. Good Luck!

Originally Posted by antevans007 View Post
    first off, very solid game hah…secondly, go ahead and kill it tomorrow and carry the momentum right on through the show. Good Luck!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Just gotta make it to Friday and then my carb starved body shall rejoice

2 days out

Weight: 182.5 lbs (new prep low)

Continued down my path of depletion. A bit lighter than expected but I slept until after 9 AM and woke up sooo thirsty!

Heading to gym here shortly and that will be it. Rest of the day is relaxing and shaving and exfoliating really well.

Been doing some thinking and may very well wait until tomorrow AM to start with pro tan instead of tonight only because I won't be on stage until most likely 8-9 PM Saturday.

Getting close!!

Well the time has come to listen to my body. I went into the gym at 10:30 AM and lasted maybe 30 minutes. General fatigue and inability to contract muscles very hard or get a pump was very evident. I could see all my veins, but seemed like there was no blood available to pump through them

I did get done some DB Curls, Lat Pulldowns, Chin-Ups, Seated Rows and EZ Bar Curls but couldn't even get onto the elliptical as my legs felt like rubber. The work is done now, so no value in worrying about it. Spending the rest of the day hanging out doing NOTHING, watching Thomas with my son, playing Borderlands 2 with some friends who will randomly stop by and practice posing. Later will shave up and maybe 1st coat of Pro Tan.

Still 0 carbs again today. At this point I'm leaning towards starting to carb load around 4-6 PM tomorrow (about 26-28 hours before prejudging)....

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well done, and enjoy the rest of the ride. You've done an amazing job working through adversity this prep and it just goes to show, where there's a will there's a way. I've said it before and I'm sure ill say it again, very inspirational!
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Well done, and enjoy the rest of the ride. You've done an amazing job working through adversity this prep and it just goes to show, where there's a will there's a way. I've said it before and I'm sure ill say it again, very inspirational!
    Thanks John - I tried my best to keep my head up through it all

I just finished up a nice meal (well 5 oz worth) of orange roughy. At about 7-8 bucks a serving, it is one of the few things I indulge myself with towards the end of my peak week. When chicken breast and egg whites get boring, this fish tastes PHENOMENAL. If you never had it, I highly recommend it. I remember watching a Jay Cutler vid several years back and he'd eat this stuff throughout his prep. He must have had a much larger food shopping budget than I do though!

I also picked up a pound of fillet mignon for tomorrow late night meal, which I will share with my wife of course

Planning on taking some pics later today after I shave off my fur. I am 5 days into my no carb depletion so I look and feel like ****, but it will server as a good before and illustrate just how much better a carbed up physique looks compared to a flat one

tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks John - I tried my best to keep my head up through it all

I just finished up a nice meal (well 5 oz worth) of orange roughy. At about 7-8 bucks a serving, it is one of the few things I indulge myself with towards the end of my peak week. When chicken breast and egg whites get boring, this fish tastes PHENOMENAL. If you never had it, I highly recommend it. I remember watching a Jay Cutler vid several years back and he'd eat this stuff throughout his prep. He must have had a much larger food shopping budget than I do though!

I also picked up a pound of fillet mignon for tomorrow late night meal, which I will share with my wife of course

Planning on taking some pics later today after I shave off my fur. I am 5 days into my no carb depletion so I look and feel like ****, but it will server as a good before and illustrate just how much better a carbed up physique looks compared to a flat one
    Have you ever had Tilapia? You can get them in frozen packages with sauces and you just boil them for 8 min and pour bag on a plate. Sooooo good!
    On the Gain Train!

TEAM WILSON

Originally Posted by tripleh210 View Post
    Have you ever had Tilapia? You can get them in frozen packages with sauces and you just boil them for 8 min and pour bag on a plate. Sooooo good!
    Gag me with a spoon on Tilapia! I know it's mad cheap and they sell it every where, but my first show back in 2008 I literally ate it almost every meal and now I have such a taste aversion too it I can't stomach it. Ugh...

I eat pretty much any other white fish during prep though, including white albacore, flounder, haddock, pollock, cod, etc... Only get the expensive stuff when I feel like treating myself..

tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tripleh210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gag me with a spoon on Tilapia! I know it's mad cheap and they sell it every where, but my first show back in 2008 I literally ate it almost every meal and now I have such a taste aversion too it I can't stomach it. Ugh...

I eat pretty much any other white fish during prep though, including white albacore, flounder, haddock, pollock, cod, etc... Only get the expensive stuff when I feel like treating myself..
    haha yeah I can see why you can't touch that stuff! I havn't tried too much fish to be honest, mainly just eat chicken an then some fish here an there
    On the Gain Train!

TEAM WILSON

Full body shave is completed (will do head and face tomorrow AM). Going to wait until tomorrow morning to start up with the Pro-Tan (gives me one more night to sleep in clean sheets). Took a couple pics after my shave with my iPhone. Not thrilled, but at the same time, not horrible. I am going to do some more posing practice later tonight and will have my wife take some pics with the camera and will post a few up here.

2 more meals for tonight and then tomorrow will be here and so will the CARBS!

2 Day Out Pics

Here are some shots from posing practice this evening. Happy for the most part considering no tan or carbs yet and I can't buy a pump. My side triceps is horrible and I really need to "sit back" more into it and open it up a bit. Comments welcome - criticism preferred. I'm far from as lean as I had hoped I would be for this show, but you know what? I'm getting on the pro-stage regardless and as my wife has reminded me countless times, how many people can say that? Motivated as hell right now to put the work in with the weights over the next 2 years and then NABBA better watch out!

therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000) therockap1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Love orange roughy! One of my favs for sure, I know you're going to kill it at your show!!!
    Logs:

CORE NUTRITIONALS- Core ABC Log(Current)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155829753&p=1110237253#post1110237253

BETANCOURT- D-Stunner Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154348601&p=1080083291&posted=1#post1080083291

AAEFX- Nytric EFX Pro Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152192813&p=1032369553#post1032369553

BETANCOURT- Pure Aminos Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151561123&p=1019213503#post1019213503

Originally Posted by therockap1 View Post
    Love orange roughy! One of my favs for sure, I know you're going to kill it at your show!!!
    Thanks Rock - 1 day out as of now (stayed up way too late

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your son is cracking me up in those pics!

Your looking great man!
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

Originally Posted by HARRYBEAST View Post
    Your son is cracking me up in those pics!

Your looking great man!
    Thanks . Too bad there wasn't audio too because he kept yelling at me, "No, stop! Mommy get my muscles!" At the time I was getting annoyed because I have no energy and posing is tough enough as it is let alone with no carbs in you

Looking back it was pretty funny though

1 Day out

Weight: 183.5 lbs

Weight should be a good bit higher come tomorrow morning once the glycogen starts flooding in.

Face and head all shaved up and about to start up with the Pro Tan.

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pics look great man!

Cant wait to see with the protan on!

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weight: 183.5 lbs

Weight should be a good bit higher come tomorrow morning once the glycogen starts flooding in.

Face and head all shaved up and about to start up with the Pro Tan.
    Nice how soon will you update on here. I might have to sign in over the weekend to see how things go. KILL IT MY MAN!
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) curjo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looking good Stan, you're gonna pop with some carbs and the protan.
    TEAM DEMON
    Follow my Journey here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good pictures stan, be good to see when you have some carbs, bet you cant wait to eat some!

Good luck for tomorrow, im sure your have fun
    Hope everything works out
    IN for the after show write up and food pictures

Well done for having a strong mind set and not letting anything get in the way
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Originally Posted by offroadatv200 View Post
    Pics look great man!

Cant wait to see with the protan on!
    Thanks - I'm 2 coats into my Pro Tanning. Taking a few hours to chill out, get my meals in and whatever and then after I put a 3rd coat on later I'll take some pics.

Originally Posted by HARRYBEAST View Post
    Nice how soon will you update on here. I might have to sign in over the weekend to see how things go. KILL IT MY MAN!
    Well I do have the bb.com app on my iPhone so at a minimum I will update the night of with the results of the show. May have to wait until Sunday for pictures, since they will be on my camera.

Originally Posted by curjo View Post
    Looking good Stan, you're gonna pop with some carbs and the protan.
    I'm hoping that's the case. Not sure if it's possible to be over depleted, but at this point, that's how I feel! Gonna start up with some oatmeal at 8 PM tonight...

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Good pictures stan, be good to see when you have some carbs, bet you cant wait to eat some!

Good luck for tomorrow, im sure your have fun
    Hope everything works out
    IN for the after show write up and food pictures

Well done for having a strong mind set and not letting anything get in the way
    Thanks Dean - I will take pics with my phone of all the eats and will give a nice write up either Saturday night or Sunday morning!

Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000) Stncldsnake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Finally back with some power in Jersey, pic's look great Stan, good luck at the show bro!
    [][][]ProMera Sports Rep[][][]
    Buy any PromeraSports product automatically receive a 25% discount at checkout!!
    Subscribe to Cret-Nation Community
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159699471

Team Ogre!

Come in and check out my log!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147818213&pagenumber=

This is the man if you want a coach!!
    bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bigwade800/

Originally Posted by Stncldsnake View Post
    Finally back with some power in Jersey, pic's look great Stan, good luck at the show bro!
    Thanks Snake - Damn, I didn't realize you were without power this whole time. I have friends and family in Jersey and I know some areas are having a hell of a time there and then to have this nor'easter drop upwards of a foot of snow in some locations is crazy.

I think we're in for a hell of a winter here in the Northeast. Glad you are safe and sound and powered up though. Been able to hit the gym still through all the chaos?

1 Day Out Pics

Here are some pics after my 3rd coat of protan. I purposely don't do my joint areas (knees, elbows, underarms) until day of the show as they tend to get really dark for me. Will also smooth out the color much more with the coats tomorrow. Planning on 3 more and plenty of time since pre-judging will be no earlier than 8 PM. Still no carbs though and feeling like BLAH

Nervous energy is setting in, like always before a show. I just wanna carb up and get out there and pose! Gonna be a LONG wait until that time though. I may make an impromptu trip this evening to Walmart to pick up desired junk foods for Sunday while watching football. Of course, I'm already going to get that Pizza Hut Big Box, except it's just for me, the rest of the family will have to order a 2nd one!

Page 29 of 151 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast