Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 3640
    Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000) Brucelats is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Javilionaire View Post
    No, do not take any glucose Post-workout. If you have to, take some (5-10g) pre-workout, but try not to.
    Oke, ty brah. I'll just add glucose on my last day workout, before carb loading, as explained in some posts and by OP.
    ...afterwards, I asked him how he ran that fast, and he told me that it is all in the motivation you light in your mind... imagining your own world and blotting out everything else.

So i asked, "What do you imagine?"
    He replied, "What do you?"
    I told him to run faster, I like to imagine that i am being chased by wolf.
    He smiles and says, "In my mind, I am one that is chasing the wolf."

That was the day I started to understand...

Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Javilionaire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Brucelats View Post
    Oke, ty brah. I'll just add glucose on my last day workout, before carb loading, as explained in some posts and by OP.
    Yep, that's the way to go man! Good luck! (Tip: Watch Greg Plitt whenever motivation is low!)

Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000) Mak1n is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guys, how many carbs allowed to consume during the week (sunday-friday afternoon)? Cuz there are some carbs everywhere (like milk/nuts).
    And which good fat sources would you recommend? (except nuts)

Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Scottson View Post
    Hey guys. Im 19 5,11 190lbs and Around 20percent bodyfat at most. How many total calories would i need and grams of fat and protein would i need a day to do this diet and also how should i spread my meals throughout the day to do the keto diet, please help im stuck
    Guaranted you did zero research. Might as well ask what the keto diet is about. 2 hours of research, youll have most of your questions answered.

Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with Cardio/Carbs

Hi all
    I am on day 3 of CKD and wondering about the effect of my cardio routine. I cycle to and from work each day 17.5 miles each way. I end up with 80 min of cardio fasted in the morning and 80 min again in the evening before dinner. This is done 4 days a week. I haven't seen any posts about heavy cardio workouts and how that works with CKD. Do I need to increase my carb load or just have more directly after or before my rides? So far I have been hitting all my fat and protein targets and getting 17-30g carbs each day. I know the first weeks is meant to suck, but I am almost unable to finish my rides so I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Mak1n View Post
    Guys, how many carbs allowed to consume during the week (sunday-friday afternoon)? Cuz there are some carbs everywhere (like milk/nuts).
    And which good fat sources would you recommend? (except nuts)
    This has been answered on every thread under the keto section.

Originally Posted by Dheis2 View Post
    Hi all
    I am on day 3 of CKD and wondering about the effect of my cardio routine. I cycle to and from work each day 17.5 miles each way. I end up with 80 min of cardio fasted in the morning and 80 min again in the evening before dinner. This is done 4 days a week. I haven't seen any posts about heavy cardio workouts and how that works with CKD. Do I need to increase my carb load or just have more directly after or before my rides? So far I have been hitting all my fat and protein targets and getting 17-30g carbs each day. I know the first weeks is meant to suck, but I am almost unable to finish my rides so I would greatly appreciate any advice.
    You need a new diet. 140 miles a week and youre on CKD to lose body fat? You just need to eat clean and adjust intake and cycling 140 miles week will take care of weight loss.
    Last edited by Leadreign; 07-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dheis2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Leadreign said
    "You need a new diet. 140 miles a week and youre on CKD to lose body fat? You just need to eat clean and adjust intake and cycling 140 miles week will take care of weight loss."

I have done a clean diet before for 3 months from Jan-Mar with actual weight gain at 2400 cal. That diet was a 40p/30f/30c diet with one reasonable cheat meal a week. Do you have recommendation for a more appropriate eating plan?

Also, How do you take just a piece of someone's post and put it up in your reply?

nordicketo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Leadreign View Post
    You need a new diet. 140 miles a week and youre on CKD to lose body fat? You just need to eat clean and adjust intake and cycling 140 miles week will take care of weight loss.
    Haha, rep!

Also, How do you take just a piece of someone's post and put it up in your reply?
    Haha gotta hit reply on their post, delete what you want out and leave both [QUOTE] 's in place.

That sluggish 'I want to stop' feeling is from using up very little carbs you have quickly and burning fat. The fat burns slow so you arent pulling energy from it fast enough. You'll start using proteins to missing energy and start breaking down muscles. Im not 100%, but I think you need A LOT more carbs. Cycling that much puts your reserves for glycogen higher, so you can store more than usual. Your body eventually switches from burning carbs to fats as to not deplete glycogen storage. So you'll burn calories from both. Id say a good share of vegetables, protein probably keep 1g for every 1lb of LBM for your recovery, fat keep moderate.

140 miles in 4 days? Really? I cant even think straight about that haha. You're gonna need a surplus of calories, not deficit since you'll burn crazy amounts of it. Balanced carb protein in the morning, some carbs and protein after you're done to restore glycogen and start recovery. Chicken fish veggies fruits. As long as you're not crazy amounts of calories over, you should be shedding fat no problem. Definitely cant keep muscle mass with that much cardio so thats out of the picture.

Originally Posted by Leadreign View Post
    That sluggish 'I want to stop' feeling is from using up very little carbs you have quickly and burning fat. The fat burns slow so you arent pulling energy from it fast enough. You'll start using proteins to missing energy and start breaking down muscles. Im not 100%, but I think you need A LOT more carbs. Cycling that much puts your reserves for glycogen higher, so you can store more than usual. Your body eventually switches from burning carbs to fats as to not deplete glycogen storage. So you'll burn calories from both. Id say a good share of vegetables, protein probably keep 1g for every 1lb of LBM for your recovery, fat keep moderate.

140 miles in 4 days? Really? I cant even think straight about that haha. You're gonna need a surplus of calories, not deficit since you'll burn crazy amounts of it. Balanced carb protein in the morning, some carbs and protein after you're done to restore glycogen and start recovery. Chicken fish veggies fruits. As long as you're not crazy amounts of calories over, you should be shedding fat no problem. Definitely cant keep muscle mass with that much cardio so thats out of the picture.
    I had suspected that the sluggish feeling was my body having trouble keeping up with the energy demands. Good to hear it confirmed. I take a Syntha-6 shake with 1tbs of olive oil after each ride, so I get a small amount of carbs with protien and fat for recovery. I did have 3 cups of mixed broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots yesterday with lunch, but that many carbs (~20g) at once really brought back my carb cravings that night. I am reluctant to go through that again, though several smaller amounts may be doable.

My rides have improved, no problems with engergy after the first 3 days, and my weights haven't suffered. I have always been bulky so I am not concerned at all about gaining additional muscle, simply maintaining would be fine. My ketostix have been sitting in the "moderate" color range (40mg/dl) for the last three days though. Is it normal not to darken all the way?

Some people read at high levels, some low. I cant get it passed moderate so I said eff it. Ive used like 5 sticks, Im not gonna use anymore. I drink a lot of water so that'll screw up the reading anyways. As I read more about them, its not worth buying at all.

mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mcichocki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had suspected that the sluggish feeling was my body having trouble keeping up with the energy demands. Good to hear it confirmed. I take a Syntha-6 shake with 1tbs of olive oil after each ride, so I get a small amount of carbs with protien and fat for recovery. I did have 3 cups of mixed broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots yesterday with lunch, but that many carbs (~20g) at once really brought back my carb cravings that night. I am reluctant to go through that again, though several smaller amounts may be doable.

My rides have improved, no problems with engergy after the first 3 days, and my weights haven't suffered. I have always been bulky so I am not concerned at all about gaining additional muscle, simply maintaining would be fine. My ketostix have been sitting in the "moderate" color range (40mg/dl) for the last three days though. Is it normal not to darken all the way?
    Probably the carrots that caused your cravings. Colored veggies register higher on the glycemic index, spiking your hormones. Green veggies I've never had cause cravings and I've had several cups of broccoli or a huge salad for example.
    Fat for recovery is not usually the suggested approach. Fat slows protein absorption...sugar or something high GI is actually better for recovery.

Ketosticks are good if you're at all purple. How deep purple you hit depends on water intake etc... so generally speaking it doesn't matter. I have no proof but I actually think I've burned fat faster when in mild ketosis and had a tougher time when deep purple. Again no proof, your mileage may vary.

thepinkponce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to CKD, I've read upto page 59 of this thread and determined to finish it! I started CKD last week and so far I've been pleased with my progress. I'm 5ft 11, male and 185lbs. I've been steadily losing fat and trying to build a bit of mass. I want to cut further to around 160lbs and then start bulking.

I'm intending to do my first carb up this weekend - possibly Saturday. I have a couple of queries if I may and would appreciate any response.

Im working upper and lower body splits alternative days, with 1 morning fasted cardio session midweek, and a rest day on Friday. I have a football match on Saturday morning at 11. I planned on carbing up on Saturday around this.

1) Would this class as a 'depletion' workout after 10 days or so of lifting and cardio, and would my performance potentially be restricted by the lack of carbs in the previous 10 days?

If not a depletion workout, I'll try and get some upper body resistance in afterwards.

2) Am I right in thinking that a Pre-Workout shake, with oats and a banana would be good before this football game, and then continue the rest of Saturday with clean carbs and protein. Or should the Pre-work out shake have a different carb source?

3) After carb up on Saturday, I intend to go to the gym on Sunday for a full body routine to get back into Ketosis as quickly as possibly. Is this ok? Otherwise I'd have Sunday and Monday of high fat food before I could get back in the gym on Monday night and I feel that's too long!

I got ketostix and was purple all weekend, and I'm tracking my macros. My final question is this:

4) As much as its ideal to be at 65/30/5 I can vary from 58/37/5 to 65/30/5 - is this an issue? I'm counting calories as well, and sometimes that spoonful of olive oil will just push me over my calories in order to obtain the ideal 65/30/5!

Thanks in advance for your replies and apologies if these have been asked previously!
    Last edited by thepinkponce; 07-16-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Talking

Originally Posted by thepinkponce View Post

4) As much as its ideal to be at 65/30/5 I can vary from 58/37/5 to 65/30/5 - is this an issue? I'm counting calories as well, and sometimes that spoonful of olive oil will just push me over my calories in order to obtain the ideal 65/30/5!

Thanks in advance for your replies and apologies if these have been asked previously!
    I can only speak to your last question, but i have been having similar fluctuations. I think the overall goal of meeting your cal target and maintaining a high fat/low carb ratio is sufficent. The exact 65/30/5 isnt a magic set of numbers, just an approximation to make sure you have twice the fat in your diet as protien and very little carbs. I have maintained my macros near to but not exactly at 63/30/7 and have had no issues. Of course, i just finished day 10, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Dcastro22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carbs

So no carbs can be consumed what so ever?

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dcastro22 View Post
    So no carbs can be consumed what so ever?
    Have you read ANY of it ?

Ripznny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Imformation

I have 3 Question if a proffesionnal of keto can answer me it will ben fine `

1) I take when i Lift this preworkout ''NitraFlex for the Lab Cat'' .The Pre Workout contain Zero Carb its ok?

2) It good if i drink 2 cup of green tea during the day and 1 cup of chamomille in the night?

3) the last one . DO i need to eat like 6-7 meals or i can eat 4-5 my meal ? I weight 165 lb and my macro are 25g Carb 130 Fat 130 Protein

hanitpal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2 quick but important question

Hi blind. thanks for this great thread. I've read this thing up and down pretty thoroughly now, but i still have 2 questions. Please help me out here.

1. Im 18 years old, weigh 165, bench 165, and am about 20% body fat. Is this a good (and safe lol) first diet for me? I understand how this works, and why it works, but is it newcomer-friendly?

2. Why is it that the weekend carb load not throw you out of keto? This is just for my curiosity.

Thanks in advanced,
    Hanitpal

edit: PS is Jack3d OK for this workout? what's your opinion on this stuff during keto.

PJM394 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Information,just 2 small questions, are post workout shakes included in daily protein intake only due to the fact carbs are not. Secondly is casein protein before bed necessary or will fat continue to be burned during sleep, sparing muscle?

hanitpal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PJM394 View Post
    Great Information,just 2 small questions, are post workout shakes included in daily protein intake only due to the fact carbs are not. Secondly is casein protein before bed necessary or will fat continue to be burned during sleep, sparing muscle?
    Im pretty sure that this isn't necessary. The protein is only there to repair and rehaul after workouts. Your body won't prioritize your muscle tissue over your fat stores for calorie.

adbicknell1124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My keto diet

If anyone wants to use this, feel free. Go to sheet 2; sheet 1 is just a rough draft. On sheet two, I took out the carbs from fiber to make it more accurate. The formulas are already in there, so if you adjust grams of fat/pro/carb, it will calcualte the totals and make it a percentage for you. Im 173lbs, 24 yrs old, and have about 14-15% bf. My diet is at 30/65/5.2% pro/fat/carbs.
    Attached Files

JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JTRock75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This may be exactly what I'm looking for. At 36 the old 3 month of clean eating and cardio DOES NOT WORK anymore.
    Early morning gym goer, just trying to get where I want to be in this lifting game.

Leangains = win

Supps

Pre: Craze & Green Magnitude

Intra: Purple Wraath

Protein: Syntha 6 , Gold Feast, Pronom

Vitamins and Other: Orange Triad, Controlled Labs Fish Oil, Controlled Labs Orange Oxi Mega, Vitamin Shoppe CLA & Vitamin D

LukeMacinnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thread, starting this today! only problem is it seems my bank account is going to suffer quite alot, heyho gotta make sacrifices for those abs!!

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LukeMacinnes View Post
    great thread, starting this today! only problem is it seems my bank account is going to suffer quite alot, heyho gotta make sacrifices for those abs!!
    Why? Eggs, cheap cuts of beef, cheap chicken and veggies make for a rather easy on the wallet diet.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

RatBasterd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is Blindfaith still around ?? - The Rat

mistermr89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help

Need help...

In this article there is a point which i didnt understood..
    " So here’s how it breaks down during the week: Sunday through Friday afternoon , you will follow the low carb diet outlined above. Eat fat and protein all day everyday except on workout days because after workouts, you will need to consume strictly just protein—no fat or carbs.*"

So that means ill consume protine food only on my workout days and do the keto diet only on my non workout days???

kiCKYou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mistermr89 View Post
    Need help...

In this article there is a point which i didnt understood..
    " So here’s how it breaks down during the week: Sunday through Friday afternoon , you will follow the low carb diet outlined above. Eat fat and protein all day everyday except on workout days because after workouts, you will need to consume strictly just protein—no fat or carbs.*"

So that means ill consume protine food only on my workout days and do the keto diet only on my non workout days???
    That means you have to eat all of your fats before your workouts on workout days and you can eat your fats all day long on non workout days. I have read up here somewhere that you can continue to consume your daily fats after 1.5-2h after your workout.

vintage1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kiCKYou View Post
    That means you have to eat all of your fats before your workouts on workout days and you can eat your fats all day long on non workout days. I have read up here somewhere that you can continue to consume your daily fats after 1.5-2h after your workout.
    I've been reading this entire thread since last Friday and no where did I read that you must eat all fats before your workouts on workout days. I workout at 5:00am every day and I would have to drink 1/2 cup of oil to get all of my fat in pre workout. The no fat is strictly for the post workout shake as you want the protein to disgest quickly and fat would slow that down. I've also read numerous times that the post workout shake should contain 15g dextrose.

If someone who's been doing this for a while would please chime in.

BTW I am elated to see people still posting on this thread!!
    Last edited by vintage1; 09-25-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo
    "You are never too old to reach for amazing"

Mus80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I'd like to ask is it ok if I were to consume an intra-workout creatine drink during gym which contains carbs, approximately 39g. Just started keto routine 3 days back.

jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mus80 View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I'd like to ask is it ok if I were to consume an intra-workout creatine drink during gym which contains carbs, approximately 39g. Just started keto routine 3 days back.
    Im far from an expert. And I do know that some carbs right around the time of your workout are good for muscle sparing and such. So, I will just tell you this much. Test it out. I usually drink about 6 ounces of orange juice after a hard workout. I have found for me that 6 ounces will not knock me out, but I have not experimented with much more than that... 8 ounces of orange juice is about 26 grams of carbs... In my opinion, I think you would be fine... But I think your best bet is to do it and have the keto sticks on hand and just test it out... You may find that your fine... Or maybe just lower the dosage slightly. I would guess that that you would have no problems with this. A half dose of Dark matter has 24 grams of carbs and that hasnt knocked me out either. give it a shot and see.
    "The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

~Charles Du Bos~

"The best thing you have to offer the world is yourself. You don't have to copy anyone else. If you do, your second best. To acheive success is to be first, and that's being yourself."

~John Denver~

Lift Bests @245 lbs
    Bench 450
    Squat 600
    Dead Lift 585
    Leg Press 1500