Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hammer curls = Bicep Peak

The bicep is made up of two heads the long-head (outer) which causes the "peak" and also the short-head (inner) which causes the "mass/thickness" when tensing the biceps, the long-head (outer) actually rises up and sits ontop/above the short-head (inner) this is what actually creates the bicep peak.

So muscle hypertrophy in the bicep long-head (outer) will result in a good bicep peak. (not thickness)

Exercises which place more stress on the biceps long-head (outer) are exercises such as:

- Close grip curls
    - Preacher curls
    - Hammer curls
    - Concerntration curls

Performing traditional curls place more emphasis on the bicep short-head (inner) which actually makes up the thickness/mass of the bicep, and are not relly a exercise for developing the bicep peak.

Take a look at this guys bicep, you can actually see the speration in the two different bicep heads the long-head (outer) and the short-head (inner)

Notice how the long-head (outer) actually rises up and sits ontop/above the short-head (inner) which causes the "bicep peak"

Hammer curls = bicep long-head (outer) "bicep peak"

Traditional curls = bicep short-head (inner) "mass/thickness"
    My favourite motivational quote - "I may not be at my goal today, but I am a step closer than I was yesterday"

DeeCee123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice bro thanks for the info

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    i dont even
    Last edited by Khalid98; 06-28-2011 at 02:22 AM.
    My favourite motivational quote - "I may not be at my goal today, but I am a step closer than I was yesterday"

ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThatWrestler has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan5903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did not read. Any exercise primarily targeting the bicep will put stress under both of the heads. No one exercise is better than the other. Peak is genetic, there is no way to alter the shape of a muscle. Its like saying incline bench targets upper chest, it doesn't. The only thing that creates a big chest look is by having lots of muscle mass on your chest. Same as Biceps, the only way to have a large peak is to have large biceps.

Edit: (spelling)
    Want to start making money online? It's simple, head over to hostgator and use the coupon code 'RYANHOSTGATOR' . Or if you want me to help/teach you just send a pm my way. Happy to help free of charge.

Lifting Stats:
    Now/End of '11

B:235/300
    S:280/320
    D:305/375

Weak deadlift, I know *sigh*

Hallowed be thy Gains Hallowed666's Avatar
    Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BUMP

The thread where i stated this got deleted... seems to be a topic of interest.

AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100) AmarjotPandher is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Ryan5903 View Post
    Did not read. Any exercise primarily targeting the bicep will put stress under both of the heads. No one exercise is better than the other. Peak is genetic, there is no way to alter the shape of a muscle. Its like saying incline bench targets upper chest, it doesn't. The only thing that creates a big chest look is by having lots of muscle mass on your chest. Same as Biceps, the only way to have a large peak is to have large biceps.

I disagree with you. Doing incline does seem to hit the upper chest a lot more than flat i think others would agree with me. and you can tryr and form your peak to a certain extent. Genetics play a part to but you can still stress certain heads for different things
    "You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't"

"While most are dreaming of success, winners wake-up and work hard to achieve it."

The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow

Eat Big. Lift Big. Get Big.

GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I always thought to twist your wrist outward as you flexed the bicep would work the peak of your bicep(supine curl, concentration curls....) . Not hammer curls

GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GOMDpls has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AmarjotPandher View Post
    I disagree with you. Doing incline does seem to hit the upper chest a lot more than flat i think others would agree with me. and you can tryr and form your peak to a certain extent. Genetics play a part to but you can still stress certain heads for different things
    I agree with Amar.... although when working chest you only work mainly one musclem, Pectoralis Major, when working incline or decline you do put a little more tension on different parts of the muscle

blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blingboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    spot sold to shakeweight for bicep peak

Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hallowed666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hammer curls work the barachialis

I'm sure most of you know your arm muscles –and if you don't, you should –but it never hurts to repeat basic anatomy. There are three main muscles that make up the front of your upper arm: the biceps brachii, the brachialis, and the brachioradialis. The brachialis sits under the biceps and adds thickness to the arm. The meat of the brachioradialis is in the forearm and it contributes more to the size of the forearm than the upper arm. The biceps brachii makes up the main "bump" on the arm that everyone is so eager to show off. The biceps brachii is a two-joint, two-headed muscle that crosses the shoulder and elbow joint, consisting of a long head and a short head the term bicep means" of two
    Heads", and "brachii" means upper arm. The long head is on the lateral (side) part of the arm, close to the lateral head of the triceps. The long head starts on the supraglenoid tubercle of the scapula, which is deep and inferior to the acromion process (that flat shelf of bone on top of the shoulder). The short head is the medial side of the arm, the part of the biceps that's next to your pecs, obliques, and serratus. The short head of the biceps brachii starts on the coracoid process of the scapula. The two heads join and essentially become one muscle, inserting primarily on the bicipital tuberosity of the radius; the tendon can split off to insert on the ulna as well. Together, the biceps functions to flex (bend) the elbow, supinate the forearm (turn the palm up), and to weakly flex the shoulder (lift the upper arm forward).

Now, genetics determines wether you have a high insertion point or a low insertion point. Here are pictures of successful pro BBers with each type of insertion:

ALBERT BECKLES=high

SERGIO OLIVA=low

Obviously nothing can be done to change your genetic insertion point. My argument here which I always thought was very basic bodybuilding knowledge is that building up the brachialis ultimately pushes up the bicep peak.

As a bonus a large barachialis is what adds width to the bicep when viewed from the front.

Hammer curls are a movement that builds the barachialis. As are hammer grip pullups and other exercises as well.

It would be SO COOL if some of you bros on bb.com could open up your minds to learning. I know alot of you are serious, I'm obviously not talking to everyone. I'm talking about the" stfu dumb bitch" reaction I've gotten when I've contributed on this forum. I mean the above shouldn't be revolutionary or absurd to anyone that knows anything about bodybuilding.

KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000) KR3W1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hallowed666 View Post

I'm sure most of you know your arm muscles –and if you don't, you should –but it never hurts to repeat basic anatomy. There are three main muscles that make up the front of your upper arm: the biceps brachii, the brachialis, and the brachioradialis. The brachialis sits under the biceps and adds thickness to the arm. The meat of the brachioradialis is in the forearm and it contributes more to the size of the forearm than the upper arm. The biceps brachii makes up the main "bump" on the arm that everyone is so eager to show off. The biceps brachii is a two-joint, two-headed muscle that crosses the shoulder and elbow joint, consisting of a long head and a short head the term bicep means" of two
    Heads", and "brachii" means upper arm. The long head is on the lateral (side) part of the arm, close to the lateral head of the triceps. The long head starts on the supraglenoid tubercle of the scapula, which is deep and inferior to the acromion process (that flat shelf of bone on top of the shoulder). The short head is the medial side of the arm, the part of the biceps that's next to your pecs, obliques, and serratus. The short head of the biceps brachii starts on the coracoid process of the scapula. The two heads join and essentially become one muscle, inserting primarily on the bicipital tuberosity of the radius; the tendon can split off to insert on the ulna as well. Together, the biceps functions to flex (bend) the elbow, supinate the forearm (turn the palm up), and to weakly flex the shoulder (lift the upper arm forward).

Now, genetics determines wether you have a high insertion point or a low insertion point. Here are pictures of successful pro BBers with each type of insertion:

ALBERT BECKLES=high

SERGIO OLIVA=low

Obviously nothing can be done to change your genetic insertion point. My argument here which I always thought was very basic bodybuilding knowledge is that building up the brachialis ultimately pushes up the bicep peak.

As a bonus a large barachialis is what adds width to the bicep when viewed from the front.

Hammer curls are a movement that builds the barachialis. As are hammer grip pullups and other exercises as well.

It would be SO COOL if some of you bros on bb.com could open up your minds to learning. I know alot of you are serious, I'm obviously not talking to everyone. I'm talking about the" stfu dumb bitch" reaction I've gotten when I've contributed on this forum. I mean the above shouldn't be revolutionary or absurd to anyone that knows anything about bodybuilding.
    Shut up and go lift

Originally Posted by KR3W1 View Post
    Shut up and go lift

LOL. I just got home from the gym.

slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50) slappzilla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Funny, I was just reading this article the other day.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-...er-biceps.html

It goes along nicely with what Hallow said

jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000) jz416 is just really nice. (+1000)

ALBERT BECKLES=high

SERGIO OLIVA=low

this was a quality post.
    Repped
    Sig line can't be a novel

Pretty big bump haha, but yeah hallowed really gave good information for those interested in those topic repped hallowed.

gymready has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Originally Posted by Ryan5903 View Post

Sorry but you're wrong. You know how i know you're wrong? Because i had a **** upper chest until i did incline bench and because i use to always do hammer curls and had huge bicep but no peaks, then i started doing regular curls instead and boom i got myself some peaks. Btw OP is confused, hammer=mass and regular=peaks.
    -----Genetics isn't everything, look at me-----

elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elliot95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do them every bicep workout. I love it so far
    Working out is my life...

++ Positive Crew ++

Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My arm routine (13-14inches in 2 months)
    2 sets: Preacher curls
    Superset
    2 sets Hammer curls
    2 sets Bench Dips
    Superset
    2 sets tricep pushdown

B
    Superset
    Barbell Curl
    Reverse Curl
    2 sets

Superset:
    Tri extension (cable)
    CGBP
    2 sets
    2-3 days a week
    Originally Posted by Khalid98 View Post
    The bicep is made up of two heads the long-head (outer) which causes the "peak" and also the short-head (inner) which causes the "mass/thickness" when tensing the biceps, the long-head (outer) actually rises up and sits ontop/above the short-head (inner) this is what actually creates the bicep peak.

So muscle hypertrophy in the bicep long-head (outer) will result in a good bicep peak. (not thickness)

Exercises which place more stress on the biceps long-head (outer) are exercises such as:

- Close grip curls
    - Preacher curls
    - Hammer curls
    - Concerntration curls

Performing traditional curls place more emphasis on the bicep short-head (inner) which actually makes up the thickness/mass of the bicep, and are not relly a exercise for developing the bicep peak.

Take a look at this guys bicep, you can actually see the speration in the two different bicep heads the long-head (outer) and the short-head (inner)

Notice how the long-head (outer) actually rises up and sits ontop/above the short-head (inner) which causes the "bicep peak"

Hammer curls = bicep long-head (outer) "bicep peak"

Traditional curls = bicep short-head (inner) "mass/thickness"

Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kstag is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Insightful.

advanced20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) advanced20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) advanced20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) advanced20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) advanced20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) advanced20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) advanced20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I thought hammer curls work the brachialis more like how reverse curls do

svedec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Exactly.
    According to exrx.net common curls target the brachii whereas preacher & concentration curls hit the brachialis more.
    So the exact opposite as stated by OP, and more like Gymready put it.

Can anyone clarify this ?
    My target would obviously be to hit the brachii primarily and try to get more peak.
    Last edited by svedec; 12-03-2013 at 05:27 AM.

EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EnglishRay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice info within thread.
    B - 230
    S - 340
    D - 450
    Genovas Witness.
    Never Negs Crew.
    Steelers Misc Crew.
    Escaped the UK.

GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreatJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info going to add hammer curls in my routuine

kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10) kanko is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LOL. I just got home from the gym.
    150lbs

getnbestshape1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

interesting how you copied and paste most of your statement from this article

its interesting your copied and paste (including the pictures) most of your statement from the t-nation article building a biceps peak (cant paste link google it :-) but did not copy the complete article that later on said the long head is what makes the peak. smh