Page 18 of 183 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast
    Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    I was kind of jipped out of the whole "Trying" part.

They told us at our ages that it was could take over a year of trying and that we still might need to go to a fertility doc. Everyone our ages that was "Trying" was having the same experience.

So I even went and bought her a bunch of sex lingere and settled in to enjoy myself for a year of "Trying" every day.

Then I knocked her up on the very first try! (When you do the math backwards)
    Me too, all 3 of mine pretty much happened immediately after pulling the plug.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    My wife wants to have 2 kids back to back so that they're like 10-11-12 months apart in age.

I don't know about this from a sanity or a financial stand point... As an only child I'm perfectly content with one.
    It's not impossible, but that's hard to do. There's a reason Irish twins are more rare than actual twins. There's a lot of stuff that gets really messed up "down there" for the woman if she delivers naturally. Even if she doesn't deliver naturally, doctors recommend no sex for up to 6 weeks after giving birth. If you have the time or the energy to even try babymaking in those first 3-4 months of parenthood, you'll be lucky.

Now take the energy you have with one newborn and imagine cutting that in half. That is how much energy, time, sleep, etc you'll be getting with 2 kids within a year or so of each other. Junior is 14 months right now and keeps me running around nonstop right now. He's like a monkey on meth. I couldn't imagine trying to take care of an infant while still trying to keep tabs on him.

That said, my sister just gave birth to the 2nd half of her Irish twins. One was born last November and the new one was born this October. She is a zombie.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    It's not impossible, but that's hard to do. There's a reason Irish twins are more rare than actual twins. There's a lot of stuff that gets really messed up "down there" for the woman if she delivers naturally. Even if she doesn't deliver naturally, doctors recommend no sex for up to 6 weeks after giving birth. If you have the time or the energy to even try babymaking in those first 3-4 months of parenthood, you'll be lucky.

Now take the energy you have with one newborn and imagine cutting that in half. That is how much energy, time, sleep, etc you'll be getting with 2 kids within a year or so of each other. Junior is 14 months right now and keeps me running around nonstop right now. He's like a monkey on meth. I couldn't imagine trying to take care of an infant while still trying to keep tabs on him.

That said, my sister just gave birth to the 2nd half of her Irish twins. One was born last November and the new one was born this October. She is a zombie.
    Oh yeah... I'm on the same page you are... But my wife turns 37 in July, so there isn't a lot of time left to have a second one etc...

To top it off... The Doc's through this whole process have been preparing us for the bad news at each step... And then at each step she ends up having the easiest pregnancy in human history.

Like if it would have taken a long time to conceive and she was sick and broken and on bed rest all the time and has a rough delivery, I think she would have a different tune. But so far for her this whole "Trying to become a parent" thing has been a "Best Case Scenario" at every turn.

I feel like I need to get a secret vascectomy or something!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    I feel like I need to get a secret vascectomy or something!
    A tragic accident involving tripping while chasing Jehovah's Witnesses with your axe, perhaps?

powerlifter with abs jimmybimmy's Avatar
    jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [QUOTE=|ceman;986273593

Hopefully around this time next year we will all be dads.[/QUOTE]

Except for me!

And Nainoa, you were projected to be 6'10?

The doctors said I was done growing when I was 17 and hadn't grown in 6-8 months. Came back from 3 months of college and was 1/2 inch taller and broader shoulders.

powerlifter with abs jimmybimmy's Avatar
    jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Also Nainoa, if you want to have a second, try to make it near 2 years apart in my experience. Any more and they're disconnected, any less and the oldest isn't a real role model.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    A tragic accident involving tripping while chasing Jehovah's Witnesses with your axe, perhaps?
    From what I've seen there aren't any Jehova's this far out... Just an Amish Community located three times over the western horizon!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Originally Posted by jimmybimmy View Post
    Also Nainoa, if you want to have a second, try to make it near 2 years apart in my experience. Any more and they're disconnected, any less and the oldest isn't a real role model.
    See for Women at 35+ they are likely high risk in all pregnancies... Over 38 and it's very high risk, bed rest, complications, high chances of miscarriage and special needs baby etc...

So if we are going to have a second... It basically means we have to start trying as soon as she's physically ready after the first etc...

MAYBE the first was a fluke... I mean there's no reason why that 5% chance has to happen only on the last try... Maybe we hit the 5% on the first try etc...

The Fall back position I'm kind of thinking for myself is that on her 38th birthday (She's older than me) I'm going to get a vasectomy. With all the Health risks and such that's kind of my line in the sand.

The last thing I need is some situation where she dies in Childbirth at 39 and I'm left to raise two little kids all by myself... And then Jimmy has to move in with me to help raise them!
    6'4"

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

There was no freaking way I was waiting 6 weeks. I don't remember specifics but I think we were lucky to give her a 3 week break.

As long as this coming warm front isn't too warm, I should be ON for my first ice fishing trip of the season next saturday!
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was kind of jipped out of the whole "Trying" part.

They told us at our ages that it was could take over a year of trying and that we still might need to go to a fertility doc. Everyone our ages that was "Trying" was having the same experience.

So I even went and bought her a bunch of sex lingere and settled in to enjoy myself for a year of "Trying" every day.

Then I knocked her up on the very first try! (When you do the math backwards)
    hahaha. That's funny. You were both simultaneously lucky and unlucky with that one.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See for Women at 35+ they are likely high risk in all pregnancies... Over 38 and it's very high risk, bed rest, complications, high chances of miscarriage and special needs baby etc...

So if we are going to have a second... It basically means we have to start trying as soon as she's physically ready after the first etc...

MAYBE the first was a fluke... I mean there's no reason why that 5% chance has to happen only on the last try... Maybe we hit the 5% on the first try etc...

The Fall back position I'm kind of thinking for myself is that on her 38th birthday (She's older than me) I'm going to get a vasectomy. With all the Health risks and such that's kind of my line in the sand.

The last thing I need is some situation where she dies in Childbirth at 39 and I'm left to raise two little kids all by myself... And then Jimmy has to move in with me to help raise them!
    Your biggest consideration in getting pregnant that soon is breastfeeding. If she wants to exclusively breastfeed it want likely happen for at the very least 6 months, maybe a year.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    hahaha. That's funny. You were both simultaneously lucky and unlucky with that one.
    Yeah when they first did the babies age backwards, it turns out that it went like this:

-We agreed that we'd start "Trying" once we moved here.
    -Closed here, but didn't close on the old place for 6+ weeks... So it was one massive hectic 3 day weekend, and then I tryed to recoup for a bit...
    -Tried for the first time
    -She got pregnant that first time

Then over the next 6 weeks she didn't know she was pregnant yet, but her body did, and in the first trimester Women are exhausted... And my wife is naturally a "Sleepy" person... She's "Mountain Man" (From Duck Dynasty) slow at all things in life and my motor is constantly running... Which is always a point of contention in our relationship.

So we're doing all the final move and clean up stuff over the course of six weeks and she's just dragging ass more and more and more... So I'm nagging her more and more and more.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    Your biggest consideration in getting pregnant that soon is breastfeeding. If she wants to exclusively breastfeed it want likely happen for at the very least 6 months, maybe a year.
    Yeah she wants to exclusively breast feed and then just pump and store since we have 2 full size refrigerators.

I guess I didn't know about the Breast Feeding and Conception link...

But I've purposefully tried to stay in the dark about a lot of the Biology side of what's going on with her. Not because I'm trying to avoid it or anything like that...

I just know myself... And I know if you put a bunch of information in my head, then I start "Taking Over" and I'm sure to get in trouble if I start Taking Over her pregnancy. So I read my "Fatherhood Specific" books and then I basically Know what she tells me.
    6'4"

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah when they first did the babies age backwards, it turns out that it went like this:

-We agreed that we'd start "Trying" once we moved here.
    -Closed here, but didn't close on the old place for 6+ weeks... So it was one massive hectic 3 day weekend, and then I tryed to recoup for a bit...
    -Tried for the first time
    -She got pregnant that first time

Then over the next 6 weeks she didn't know she was pregnant yet, but her body did, and in the first trimester Women are exhausted... And my wife is naturally a "Sleepy" person... She's "Mountain Man" (From Duck Dynasty) slow at all things in life and my motor is constantly running... Which is always a point of contention in our relationship.

So we're doing all the final move and clean up stuff over the course of six weeks and she's just dragging ass more and more and more... So I'm nagging her more and more and more.
    Did you guys try to track her ovulation schedule or anything like that or just toss your hat in the ring and see what happens?
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Did you guys try to track her ovulation schedule or anything like that or just toss your hat in the ring and see what happens?
    We were given the advice to basically "Toss the hat in the ring" for AT LEAST 3 times every 5 days... And every day for 3-10 days after her last period.

And to expect no results for 6 months and then we could discuss tests and various doctor appointments and/or specialists.

But in the move and all the stuff we had going on we weren't paying attention to Jack-shid.

Then the third morning after we'd moved up here, I had morning wood, woke up and my wife was standing in the room in sexy lingere.

5 or so weeks later, I had no inkling she was even late or anything...

I've got this gag I do, when I come up from my office and try to sneak up the central stairwell of the house. Of course she always hears me coming as a 260 pound man brings out every creak in a step!

So I gently loft this little purple inflated ball up the steps with some side english on it and as it bounces into the upstairs bathroom I call out "Surprise!"

Her arm sticks out of the bathroom with the Pregnancy test stick in her hand and she says "I think I've got a better surprise!"

She totally one-upped me!

6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Nainoa is going to write the sequel to 50 shades of grey
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    Is this another one of your MTV shows?

The human eye can only recognize 256 shades of grey!

Actually right now I have the goal and am on pace to finish my manuscript "Grand Island" before the baby is born.

I'm sure it will end up in the "Trunk" with "Eudaimonia" "Modern Rustic" and "Going Wild"
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    It will be called:

"50 shades of gray is the most ridiculous title you could ever think of for a book. The human eye can recognize 256 shades of gray, so why omit those other 201 shades. This book covers the missing 201 shades and the best seasonal application for each shade to reduce glare. Also, if you read my book, I will expound the virtures of planting your own garden and how pole beans, squash, and corn are known as the 3 sisters. Once you open this book you will be enlightened to a world of wonder that is nature and you will also learn how to use an axe to defend against religious zealots. Seafoam shirt."

And that will just be the title.

It will be called:

"50 shades of gray is the most ridiculous title you could ever think of for a book. The human eye can recognize 256 shades of gray, so why omit those other 201 shades. This book covers the missing 201 shades and the best seasonal application for each shade to reduce glare. Also, if you read my book, I will expound the virtures of planting your own garden and how pole beans, squash, and corn are known as the 3 sisters. Once you open this book you will be enlightened to a world of wonder that is nature and you will also learn how to use an axe to defend against religious zealots. Seafoam shirt."

And that will just be the title.
    LOL...

Don't forget the Sequel that will be "I ain't paying that much for a pound of bacon... And you can grind your own sausage to!"
    6'4"

Is this another one of your MTV shows?

The human eye can only recognize 256 shades of grey!

Actually right now I have the goal and am on pace to finish my manuscript "Grand Island" before the baby is born.

I'm sure it will end up in the "Trunk" with "Eudaimonia" "Modern Rustic" and "Going Wild"
    It's one of them girly fantasy books where some dude beats and rapes some poor girl for the whole book and she loves it. Makes the MILFS around here seriously horney for some reason, doesn't compute for me because if that **** really happened someone would be arrested. There have already been divorces and arrests made from poor unsuspecting boyfriends and husbands who's wives LOVED that damn book so they tried to recreate scenes from it. Women are fukin dumb man.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    It's one of them girly fantasy books where some dude beats and rapes some poor girl for the whole book and she loves it. Makes the MILFS around here seriously horney for some reason, doesn't compute for me because if that **** really happened someone would be arrested. There have already been divorces and arrests made from poor unsuspecting boyfriends and husbands who's wives LOVED that damn book so they tried to recreate scenes from it. Women are fukin dumb man.
    Your Theories interest me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter!

Can you have it delivered to my workout studio?

6'4"

There we go... Edited my sig to be applicable to my current situation.
    6'4"

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah she wants to exclusively breast feed and then just pump and store since we have 2 full size refrigerators.

I guess I didn't know about the Breast Feeding and Conception link...

But I've purposefully tried to stay in the dark about a lot of the Biology side of what's going on with her. Not because I'm trying to avoid it or anything like that...

I just know myself... And I know if you put a bunch of information in my head, then I start "Taking Over" and I'm sure to get in trouble if I start Taking Over her pregnancy. So I read my "Fatherhood Specific" books and then I basically Know what she tells me.
    It's pretty simple exclusive breastfeeding is a natures way of spacing children. It prevents ovulation. Only about 1 to 2% of women will ovulate during the first six months of breastfeeding, after that your chances start to go up a little. Now if she starts supplementing feedings her chances go up from there to.

So basically exclusive breastfeeding means no ovulation or period. Which means no pregnancy.

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    It's pretty simple exclusive breastfeeding is a natures way of spacing children. It prevents ovulation. Only about 1 to 2% of women will ovulate during the first six months of breastfeeding, after that your chances start to go up a little. Now if she starts supplementing feedings her chances go up from there to.

So basically exclusive breastfeeding means no ovulation or period. Which means no pregnancy.
    Good to know!

Yeah unless there are troubles she plans to exclusively breast feed.

In other news... We got the results from the Gestational Diabetes test yesterday. She came back with a 160... So they're going to retest her some time in the next week on the 3 hour test, otherwise they'll prescribe insulin.

I guess with her factors and such if it's not managed properly there is a 17% chance that the baby could be still born.

So she's a little freaked out about... But I told her last night "Look, ALL the stuff we couldn't control in this process turned out better than we ever could have expected. So lets not get all woe-is-me over a problem we can control!"
    6'4"

Hey Hartski,

Remember last January or so, you found a brand of Poblano seeds that was an Heirloom/open pollinator...

Do you remember what brand or seed house it came out of?

I'm not that far off of the time of year when I have to order my seeds in order to get them to start early etc... And Poblano has become just as much a staple at my garden/table as Jalapeno!
    6'4"

Well at the bait shop, guys are fishing my favorite bay already... so as long as the rain on Monday is just a light sprinkle for a couple of hours and not a real rain, I should be good to go ice fishing on next satruday the 8th!
    6'4"

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Well at the bait shop, guys are fishing my favorite bay already... so as long as the rain on Monday is just a light sprinkle for a couple of hours and not a real rain, I should be good to go ice fishing on next satruday the 8th!
    nice!

I need to get back on the water to make up from the last time out due to horrible weather
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Screw the ice, I'll be in the kayak this weekend in shorts and a t-shirt.

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Screw the ice, I'll be in the kayak this weekend in shorts and a t-shirt.

Pffft...

Not going ice fishing each winter is like going your whole life without ever getting a blow job!

Are you going to die?
    No

But you'll come to the end of your life and find a nagging feeling like you missed out on one of life's true joys!

6'4"