Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do I have broad shoulders or narrow shoulders?

I've been lifting for years and never really understood the difference lol.

I figured you guys can help me to determine what it looks like based on pictures of myself. Thanks!

Attached Images
    Last edited by nkon; 12-21-2006 at 02:03 PM.

TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Narrow

Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, narrow. The difference is not in your shoulders, it's in how far apart you can spread your scapulae (as in a lat spread, see my pictures)

xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10) xec is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    which are more ideal for bodybuiling?
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.

DaleGordon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    in between, there good man you should keep them like that.

Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stalwart Steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Closer to the broad end of the spectrum, not as broad as possible though

Work out your lats.

scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50) scrag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your shoulder width is not narrow, I would say AVERAGE.

Shoulder width is lenght of clavicle bone but you can create an illussion of broader shoulders id you are able to build muscle in shoulder area and loose fat in midsection

I think some people saying narrow because of the way the tend to slope down a bit.

rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rizoN17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it just me, or does the left pec look 10x more developed then the right?
    member of the 1000lb club (ya rly)

muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000) muscleman420 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rizoN17 View Post
    n'rly, they are just different, prolly lighting.

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

2 my eye, average for a meso physique = broader than ur hips.

That's ur bone structure Bro, it is what it is.

U can't change it, u can only build on it.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000) bigdan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well take into account that in this pose your arms are rotated forward, if you took a more relaxed picture it would be easier to determine, but I think your shoulders look fine. I would just focus on hitting them with heavy military presses. I also like to do side laterals with a moderate weight.
    FLORIDA GATORS CREW

WELL I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN... CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND...

nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nkon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply guys. Any pics of you guys with broader shoulders?

I work my lats hard but they don't like to grow

Here is a lat spread from about 3 months ago.

I recently had surgery on my scaphoid bone so I've been out of the gym and just now getting back into it.

Please don't laugh as I do not know how to do this flex lol.
    Attached Images

Scot #1 MON THE SCOTS!!! captaincaveman's Avatar
    captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Could anyone say if mine are narrow, average or broad?
    Never really thought about it tbh
    Attached Images

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You've got a great build there. I'd suggest adding heavy rows, wide grip pullups, and military presses to build them shoulders up and add some width.

Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    Could anyone say if mine are narrow, average or broad?
    Never really thought about it tbh
    Looks broad to me, but I don't know lol.

Acdc89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Acdc89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Acdc89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    inbetween

Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    You've got a great build there. I'd suggest adding heavy rows, wide grip pullups, and military presses to build them shoulders up and add some width.
    I hope you're talking to me ??!!?

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nkon View Post
    I've been lifting for years and never really understood the difference lol.

I figured you guys can help me to determine what it looks like based on pictures of myself. Thanks!

average width

IMO your actual delts look a little behind the chest and arms (definitely behind the chest)

maybe u need to back off slightly on the chest work and work hard on military presses and various side laterals

of course IMO part of Arnolds characteristic look was huge chest, huge arms and sort of average delts....his delts defintely werent overpowering by any stretch of the imagination
    "Humility comes before honor"

captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50) captaincaveman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    btw sorry nkon bro for hijacking the thread, back to your pics lol.

bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Narrow.. maybe average. Definitely not broad.
    glorify the Lord in all that you do =)

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here is a lat spread from about 3 months ago.

I recently had surgery on my scaphoid bone so I've been out of the gym and just now getting back into it.

Please don't laugh as I do not know how to do this flex lol.

wow, u have really low lat insertions....sort of like Franco Columbo...so you could have some big big lats if you figure out how to work em etc
    "Humility comes before honor"

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    wow, u have really low lat insertions....sort of like Franco Columbo...so you could have some big big lats if you figure out how to work em etc
    Is that good or bad? I'm a huge fan of Franco so I'm assuming it's good?

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    average width

IMO your actual delts look a little behind the chest and arms (definitely behind the chest)

maybe u need to back off slightly on the chest work and work hard on military presses and various side laterals

of course IMO part of Arnolds characteristic look was huge chest, huge arms and sort of average delts....his delts defintely werent overpowering by any stretch of the imagination
    My delts are always really sore when I work them. What kind of excercises do you recommend mainly for me?

Originally Posted by rizoN17 View Post
    Left chest is smaller. I can't seem to keep it up with my right.. it's annoying.

I also suffer from puffy nipples

1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My delts are always really sore when I work them. What kind of excercises do you recommend mainly for me?
    Standing military presses. Also every now and then throw in some dumbbell lateral raises.

Standing military presses. Also every now and then throw in some dumbbell lateral raises.
    x2
    Standing military press is the daddy for shoulder size and strength IMO, seated DB press is a very close second.

Damn dude, you have some sick shoulders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it weren't almost 1am I'd go to the gym and do some shoulder excercises. Definately an inspiration.

Damn dude, you have some sick shoulders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it weren't almost 1am I'd go to the gym and do some shoulder excercises. Definately an inspiration.
    Thanks man! I must say I love my military presses.

yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) yaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say they are average,but man you got a ****ing great body(no homo)seriously its so well proportioned i would kill to look like you.My goal is actually almost exactly the same as you.Keep it up,Also how long have you been working out??any before pics??