AllGristle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help create supplement routine?

I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out a supplement routine. I'm doing P90X (for a second time, I liked the results of the first time but I want to add more muscle). Right now this is my routine:

- Breakfast around 10, oatmeal and sometimes fruit
    - Lunch around 1, meat (chicken or steak) and vegetables
    - Multivitamin soon after (Animal Pak, which I have a rough time choking down, and which makes me a little queasy)
    - Snack around 4 (half a PB&J sandwich on whole wheat, banana)
    - Workout around 7:30
    - Creatine & Gatorade, protein shake (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard)
    - Dinner around 9

I'm just not sure if I'm taking all the needed and correct supplements to maximize bulking. From reading the forums I think I want to add leucine and possibly some other BCAAs, but I'm not sure in what form (I've read some suggestions for Xtend?) Also, I've seen people suggest taking Universal Uni-Liver instead of multis. And should I be taking prohormones?

Help a confused skinny guy out!

KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whoa whoa whoa... before you dive into a pool of supplements... Make sure you have your nutrition dialed in.

Do you know what your maintenance calories are? If so, are you eating over your maintenance calories? Do you have calorie counts for all your meals? Supplements aren't going to make you grow, food is. I see you have a good multi and protein so that's a very good start. Get a fish oil and some creatine if you want. Just stick with the basics for awhile before diving into every type of supplement. Just my 2 cents. GL

AllGristle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KOMED View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa... before you dive into a pool of supplements... Make sure you have your nutrition dialed in.

Do you know what your maintenance calories are? If so, are you eating over your maintenance calories? Do you have calorie counts for all your meals? Supplements aren't going to make you grow, food is. I see you have a good multi and protein so that's a very good start. Get a fish oil and some creatine if you want. Just stick with the basics for awhile before diving into every type of supplement. Just my 2 cents. GL
    I'm 6'4" and around 195. Taking an average day's eating:

147 calories in 8 oz of cooked oatmeal
    250 calories in a chicken breast
    100 calories in a serving of vegetables
    250 calories in half PB&J sandwich
    172 calories in a banana
    250 calories in a serving of meatloaf
    150 calories in mashed potatoes
    110 calories in protein shake
    250 calories in a packet of Wheat Thins (snack)
    100 calories in a Jello Pudding snack
    140 calories in about 8 Nilla Wafers

That's around 1900 calories. Online calculators say I need ~2000 if I'm inert, around ~2500 for mixture of light activity and inertness. So ... I guess I need more food!

Seems like I'd have to drink a lot of protein shakes to make up the difference. So what would you recommend as filler? An extra chicken breast, another peanut butter sandwich? I don't want to just eat empty calories.