Registered User laughnowcrylatr's Avatar
    laughnowcrylatr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny arms, fat tummy.

So I guess I'm skinnyfat...My arms, chest, face, and shoulders are super skinny but my legs, back and stomach have excess fat on them. I weight 108 and I don't really want that number to drop because that would make me underweight (I'm 5'4)
    I lost a great deal of weight (muscle) because I stupidly restricted calories for a few months which cause all sorts of problems, but I've recovered from that and been eating at maintenance for about 2 months. I've been lifting heavier weights, and running 6 days a week. I'm definitely toning my arms and legs but still so much fat on my stomach and legs!

Any special way I can get leaner? I'm scared of the scale number going down but I'd still love a flat stomach and all that good stuff.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by laughnowcrylatr View Post
    So I guess I'm skinnyfat...My arms, chest, face, and shoulders are super skinny but my legs, back and stomach have excess fat on them. I weight 108 and I don't really want that number to drop because that would make me underweight (I'm 5'4)
    I lost a great deal of weight (muscle) because I stupidly restricted calories for a few months which cause all sorts of problems, but I've recovered from that and been eating at maintenance for about 2 months. I've been lifting heavier weights, and running 6 days a week. I'm definitely toning my arms and legs but still so much fat on my stomach and legs!

Any special way I can get leaner? I'm scared of the scale number going down but I'd still love a flat stomach and all that good stuff.
    What you are going to have to do is first gain muscle. As you know you can't lose the body fat without getting too boney up top and dropping further in scale weight.

As someone who had your stats and body type (except age) I know you're not big. You just have a flipped body composition.

Bulk. That is the answer. Save leaning out for later. Come join the bulking thread and I think it'll make you feel better about it http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=128051673

Wants 2B Infinite Beauty Snowgrrl83's Avatar
    Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hey! I started bulking when I was at about 103lbs. It really helps. I suggest bulking too and then after a few months of bulking you can start SLOWLY cutting.

Ohhh my I'm scared sh*tless of bulking....so much food! Maybe I'll start now and cut during the summertime, ugh bad timing.
    Can someone tell me if what I'm doing now is effective at all?

I'm eating 1400-1700 calories (clean foods only) 5 meals a day
    At least 110 grams of protein.
    Running for track 5 days a week
    and my strength training plan is 30 minutes of kettlebell (fitness) and 30 minutes of lifting a 12kg sport bell which I do 3-5 days a week.

I know that eating clean and exercising alone has so many benefits which makes me feel amazing on a day-to-day basis but I haven't seen significant results since I started this routine..

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are not eating enough even to maintain. But first, what kind of track? Long distance? Sprints? Does track season end in May? Do you have access to a gym?

StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Snowgrrl83 View Post
    Hey! I started bulking when I was at about 103lbs. It really helps. I suggest bulking too and then after a few months of bulking you can start SLOWLY cutting.
    How long did it take you to gain the 10ish pounds (from 103 to 112)?
    Success is believing in what you can do, and doing it better every time.

Live Fit and Get Fit!
    LiveFitwithStephanie.com

Wants 2B Infinite Beauty Snowgrrl83's Avatar
    Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by StephanieShine View Post
    How long did it take you to gain the 10ish pounds (from 103 to 112)?
    About 3 months.

Ohhh my I'm scared sh*tless of bulking....so much food! Maybe I'll start now and cut during the summertime, ugh bad timing.

and my strength training plan is 30 minutes of kettlebell (fitness) and 30 minutes of lifting a 12kg sport bell which I do 3-5 days a week.

I know that eating clean and exercising alone has so many benefits which makes me feel amazing on a day-to-day basis but I haven't seen significant results since I started this routine..
    You need to eat more - at least 2000 calories / day. You'll see that even at 2000 calories, you might not gain any weight and you'll realize that you need to eat more along the lines of 2300-2500 cals/day.
    Last edited by Snowgrrl83; 02-25-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    You are not eating enough even to maintain. But first, what kind of track? Long distance? Sprints? Does track season end in May? Do you have access to a gym?
    Track ends at the end of May and I'm running 100m hurdles. And as for a gym I use a clubhouse gym since it's 10 feet away from my house and it's free. It's basically a room with dumbbells, jump ropes, a bosu ball, a weighted hula hoop, 1 elliptical, 1 treadmill, and 1 stationary bike. I have a ton of kettlebells (sport and fitness bells) because my mom's a certified personal trainer but I believe I'm more educated than her honestly. I rarely train with her because I feel like I benefit from my own workouts more than hers.

Originally Posted by Snowgrrl83 View Post
    About 3 months.

You need to eat more - at least 2000 calories / day. You'll see that even at 2000 calories, you might not gain any weight and you'll realize that you need to eat more along the lines of 2300-2500 cals/day.
    I'll get right on that, I'm about to make myself a yummy sandwich=]
    Thanks for the help everyone!

ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilovechips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

We seem to have the same problem!! Im 5'1'' tho and 97lbs If i lose weight i become sick and all that fun stuff. I also want to get rid of my belly fat and and thigh fat. Belly fat is the most stubborn, you really have to watch what you eat to get a flat stomach but first build a strong core. I was told to drink a protein shake after working out to burn extra calories and develpment the muscles more. We are working toward the same goal ill deff keep in touch

BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BEATR1XK1DDO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1400 cals a day with all your activity is pretty low. if you dont eat enough its going to be harder to lose that clingy fat. if you said in the past you did the 'unhealthy' dieting, i understand how you would be scared to take in more food, i did the same thing and it was a HUGE mistake, and took me months to repair the instant 10 lb weight gain after i 'starved', and i still have the stretch marks. it takes months to put on muscle, you wont 'bulk' overnight, if you find yourself getting too muscular for your happiness you can always change it up
    -Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.