Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What to wear to competition?

I have a possibly stupid question (no such thing right? ha). What do people wear to bodybuilding competitions as a spectator? I am interested in competiting and am going to check out my first show next month...hopefully talk to some people about getting into one next season...but I have no clue as to what spectators wear and don't want to look ridiculous? Thanks!

FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitBody Lynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are going to be sitting for about four hours or more depending on how good of a show it is so wear something somewhat comfortable but still dress cute. I went to watch my first show about three weeks about in jeans, heels, and and top and was way overdressed. Everyone had on jeans and a Tshirt. Then last weekend I went to another show and it was a way bigger show and people dressed a little nicer -- men in button down shirts and jeans, women in jeans and a blouse/top.

ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) ironbelle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whatever you want. I don't think ppl are looking at your clothes. I went to the Olympia 3 times and twice I wore jeans and a levi shirt or a pair of shorts and once I wore a suit. If your going to hit up any after parties then you may want to wear something clubbish if that's your thing. Trust me, most folks show up in their "cleanest of the dirtiest" gym clothes. ha ha.

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ttsells View Post
    You are going to be sitting for about four hours or more depending on how good of a show it is so wear something somewhat comfortable but still dress cute. I went to watch my first show about three weeks about in jeans, heels, and and top and was way overdressed. Everyone had on jeans and a Tshirt. Then last weekend I went to another show and it was a way bigger show and people dressed a little nicer -- men in button down shirts and jeans, women in jeans and a blouse/top.
    This.

I've seen a range, from gym clothes to heels, skirts and TONS of makeup. Wear what you are comfortable in.

Edit: bathrooms may be a good place to talk to (female) competitors. I've seen them getting ready in bathrooms and they were receptive to questions.
    Last edited by tina722; 04-30-2010 at 04:56 AM.

betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Where a cute dress that shows your muscles somewhat if you like. That is what I usually wear...I have worn things pretty crazy like a dress made of strings that had wider strips that covered critical areas...lol. But that is what most girls wear to the shows I have been. You don't have to go that extreme. You can wear a halter and jeans and heels? Usually the venues are rediculously cold as far as I am concerned, so jeans and halter is also something that i have worn when I wanted to be more comfortable. You might even wear something ultra cute but take a cute jacket also...it can be 110 outside and you can freeze to death in the show
    I love Anthony Scott

Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ash242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the info! I wanted to wear something that shows my legs and arms...maybe some shorts and a strappy shirt. Its in panama city beach florida so I'm thinking I prob won't be the only one in shorts I will definitely take a jacket too, didn't think about it being cold inside!

Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wear what you want. Seriously, who cares?

lissPTI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is actually a very valid question that I was asking myself. I'm so glad someone else was wondering the same thing and had the guts to ask! Dressy jeans and a halter it is!

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eh, wear whatever you want. The few shows that I have been to there was a lot of standing. I don't think i sat down at all to be totally honest. The first show i went to was in the middle of a texas summer so i wore a skirt and a halter top which is what i would wear on any given day be it for shopping or as a BBing spectator.

Last show i went to i think i wore my jeans, a nice tank top and a pair of cute flats that were cozy since we were planning on standing for so long again. Plus we were headed to a gaming (computers) convention afterwards so i didn't want to look too silly.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People tend to dress more casual at pre-judging than finals. Either way, be comfortable.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    People tend to dress more casual at pre-judging than finals. Either way, be comfortable.
    This ^^^. Also, at the finals/night show, it seems like a lot of the audience members want to show off as much as the people on stage. It's actually quite entertaining. Lots of muscle shirts and too-tight jeans to be seen. And some of the guys pump up before they sit down. I'm almost positive of it!
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?