Josh.w36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How can I monitor my calorie intake?

I'm on the 2nd month of my cut right now and I improved a lot and really satisfied. However, I wanna maximize the efficiency of my cut by monitoring my calorie intake. I did some math and found out that I eat approximately 18xx kcals a day but since I can't eat the same stuff everyday, I swap some stuff in my meal plan for other stuff, I get really worried about whether I've put too much of X in plan after that. For e.g if I swap whole wheat bread/pasta for yam/sweet potato or chicken breast for canned tuna, I'd like to know what exactly happened there.

I have an account on fitday but the control panel sucks and is damn complicated (scary too!). Is there a simpler way to do that?

Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use http://www.livestrong.com/ I like it better than Fitday, but I think fit day has more reports for free.
    DEC 25 2007 - 278 LBS

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Josh.w36 View Post
    I'm on the 2nd month of my cut right now and I improved a lot and really satisfied. However, I wanna maximize the efficiency of my cut by monitoring my calorie intake. I did some math and found out that I eat approximately 18xx kcals a day but since I can't eat the same stuff everyday, I swap some stuff in my meal plan for other stuff, I get really worried about whether I've put too much of X in plan after that. For e.g if I swap whole wheat bread/pasta for yam/sweet potato or chicken breast for canned tuna, I'd like to know what exactly happened there.

I have an account on fitday but the control panel sucks and is damn complicated (scary too!). Is there a simpler way to do that?
    There are numerous sites and apps for phones you can use. What is so "scary" and confusing about fitday? I use it daily with no issues
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    There are numerous sites and apps for phones you can use. What is so "scary" and confusing about fitday? I use it daily with no issues
    There are ads everywhere and the design of the site itself is confusing. I might have to borrow my grandma's goggles to navigate the site properly.

'Mirin My Party Hat? eappleton1's Avatar
    eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) eappleton1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try livestrong, i prefer it after having used both
    1/5/15: 221.6 1/8/15: 219.4

ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

fitday.com

The best I've found.

just signed up on livestrong. It looks awesome. Love the interface.

UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I guess I'm old school or something, but I just write down everything I eat in a journal. I've never tried fitday or livestrong. What are the advantages to using those sites?

Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Montecristo409 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been using www.dailyburn.com for the last 2 months. It seems to work pretty well. There seems to be a lot of foods listed. Simple to use.

(Although I've never used any other site, so I can't really compare.)

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by UNTILthen View Post
    I guess I'm old school or something, but I just write down everything I eat in a journal. I've never tried fitday or livestrong. What are the advantages to using those sites?
    Does the calculating for you, has foods in a database with macros, tracks goals, etc. Better question is why are you still doing it by hand? Ha
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Does the calculating for you, has foods in a database with macros, tracks goals, etc. Better question is why are you still doing it by hand? Ha
    this

Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Turbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most of the time I'm entering my food on my phone instead of the computer.
    Livestrong doesn't have an Android app so I can't use it, though it looks good.

Fatsecret.com has an Android app and it's been working well for me.

UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10) UNTILthen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll give it a try.

DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10) DustyCode is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fitday all the way
    "Rather the pain of discipline, than the pain of regret"

meanmeanstride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use an iPod touch app to follow my intake, because I don't always have access to a computer. This allows me to input it right away, rather than later when I'm on a computer. that way I don't forget what I ate I like LoseIt or Tap and Track.

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by UNTILthen View Post
    I do it by hand also. It's much faster.

I've used internet sites and didn't like it. I dont need a program to count for me, and I dont have the patience to search and find the right food/portion etc. Takes just a couple seconds to write it down instead.

DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DocNorton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Www.myfitnesspal.com - also has an iPhone app...

JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)

you can right it down or make an excel sheet of ur daily intake. this is what i do.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unless you have a monitor on your hide that measures every calorie you burn during the day, I see it as boarderline useless to monitor every single calorie you consume. Use the tools to establish a starting point but then go forward based on weighed food and consistent eating patterns.

Also, Caloried don't matter; macro nutrients do.

Here is how I set it up. I look at Macros and what I need, then I make meal plans.

ex:
    10 egg whites, 1 cup oats, 1 bannana
    8 oz. chicken, 3 cups veggies, 8 oz. yam
    52g whey, 1/2 c white rice, water
    8 oz. lean meat, 2 cups veggies, 1/2c Rice
    same shake but with gatorade G2 (pwo)
    8 oz.Lean meat, Salad, oil/vin.
    1 cup cottage cheese.

So, I'll determine approx what I have there macro wise to make sure i'm in the ball-park. Then I will ride it an make adjustments based on progress.

No need or sense to calculate calories each day.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    Unless you have a monitor on your hide that measures every calorie you burn during the day, I see it as boarderline useless to monitor every single calorie you consume. Use the tools to establish a starting point but then go forward based on weighed food and consistent eating patterns.

Also, Caloried don't matter; macro nutrients do.

Here is how I set it up. I look at Macros and what I need, then I make meal plans.

ex:
    10 egg whites, 1 cup oats, 1 bannana
    8 oz. chicken, 3 cups veggies, 8 oz. yam
    52g whey, 1/2 c white rice, water
    8 oz. lean meat, 2 cups veggies, 1/2c Rice
    same shake but with gatorade G2 (pwo)
    8 oz.Lean meat, Salad, oil/vin.
    1 cup cottage cheese.

So, I'll determine approx what I have there macro wise to make sure i'm in the ball-park. Then I will ride it an make adjustments based on progress.

No need or sense to calculate calories each day.
    cals are macronutrients.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JeffStacker View Post
    cals are macronutrients.
    macros are calories.

Either way, you get the point.....I hope.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"