Thread: skinny ankles

gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs down skinny ankles

My ankles and lower calves are really skinny compared to my thighs. I'm aiming for a thick, muscular look for my legs but I'm not gaining around the lower calf. Are there any exercises to see gains in this area?

I'm doing alot of high incline walking on the treadmill and calf exercises, but nothing seems to touch the lower part of the muscle.

Thanks!

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have this problem too... Long limbs and skinny ankles...You can't add muscle to your ankles, only fat (cankles).
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nizrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you think about it, your calves are used to lifting your body weight many times a day so if you're doing calf raises you need to go more than your body weight
    and for ankle mass, i'm not sure if there's anything you can really do unless you want cankles

gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do seated, weighted calf raises with an 88lb (40kg) weight. I'm thinking about doing standing raises with the Smith Machine. .

I know I cant add bulk to my ankle, but surely I can exercise the lower part of my calf muscle? ie: the one that runs down the inside of your calf, under the main bulge of the gastrocnemius?

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Work on bulking up the calves but seriously think about it thin ankles will give the illusion your calves are bigger.

Look at it as a blessing.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Originally Posted by Mindi911 View Post
    Work on bulking up the calves but seriously think about it thin ankles will give the illusion your calves are bigger.

Look at it as a blessing.
    haha! I might just do that

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by spark84 View Post
    I do seated, weighted calf raises with an 88lb (40kg) weight. I'm thinking about doing standing raises with the Smith Machine. .

I know I cant add bulk to my ankle, but surely I can exercise the lower part of my calf muscle? ie: the one that runs down the inside of your calf, under the main bulge of the gastrocnemius?
    there isnt any muscle of the calf down by the ankle the bellies of the gastrocs and the soleus end at the achilles tendon. The angle is all tendons and connective tissue.
    The body is lazy, unless you give it a reason to grow it won't

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by spark84 View Post
    haha! I might just do that
    Negrita Jayde my inspiration says the calves finish off the body when you view it aesthetically. The bigger they look the better.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

terisbod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile skinny ankles

Dear Gecko,

Consider your thin ankles a blessing! The muscle on my calf goes down further than I'd like (I don't have "cankles" though), and I would LOVE to have those feminine thin ankles. I'd save up my money and show them off with a pair of $695 Manolo Blahniks!
    In fact, I found this website after I entered 'exercises for thin ankles' into Google because I want to slim mine down.

Go out and buy yourself a fabulous pair of high heels today!

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by terisbod View Post
    Dear Gecko,

Consider your thin ankles a blessing! The muscle on my calf goes down further than I'd like (I don't have "cankles" though), and I would LOVE to have those feminine thin ankles. I'd save up my money and show them off with a pair of $695 Manolo Blahniks!
    In fact, I found this website after I entered 'exercises for thin ankles' into Google because I want to slim mine down.

Go out and buy yourself a fabulous pair of high heels today!
    Same! My ankles are not skinny at all and I wish they were. I think if I got fat I would def have cankles. Its weird cause my mum has the skinniest ankles ever and you would think I might have a different mum if you saw how different our body shapes are! Seriously my arms are nearly as big as her ankles haha.