Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I would get on it and demo it to see if you like it first. If I didnt like something about it, I wouldnt get it. More deals will come. It just depends on the seller but I doubt you will get it for less than $150 but there is nothing wrong with starting lower. Most (not all) experienced Craigslist sellers will list an item a little higher than what they will actually take because they know that there are Stasher1's out there that will beat them down on price.
    I almost missed that.

For the record, I'm not in the habit of beating down sellers' prices, but like AttyGuy stated, I know my local market pretty well. I know which items sell well, and which ones don't, and I have no problem using that knowledge to get a good deal. I'm also currently not working, which leaves my schedule wide open during the day. I'm able to go pretty much anywhere I have to go in order to get what I want, for what I'm willing to pay, while a lot of folks are working.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Usually when I am the buyer on a craigslist item, I know what I am buying and know what a good price is for that item. I will make the deal before I even go look at the item. The only thing that will change my offer is if the item is missing pieces or the "condition" is not what the seller has advertised........ Most of my experiences as a seller has been that buyers want to talk the price down to make them feel as though they have made that killer purchase. Thus, I will price a little high in anticipation.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Usually when I am the buyer on a craigslist item, I know what I am buying and know what a good price is for that item. I will make the deal before I even go look at the item. The only thing that will change my offer is if the item is missing pieces or the "condition" is not what the seller has advertised........ Most of my experiences as a seller has been that buyers want to talk the price down to make them feel as though they have made that killer purchase. Thus, I will price a little high in anticipation.
    Everybody has his own strategy. I often will make the deal before I head over, with the understanding that if it isn't as advertised/not what I expected, the deal isn't completed.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iwantsize6969 View Post
    if i can get a good price on the nybarbell one say 200 would it really matter that much? i mean im only doig seated calf raises say twice a week.. so will the cybex one really make a differnence? its just for me.. so does it really matter to have somehing that proffesional?
    I hate my NYBB seated calf raise. It feels rickety and the pads are inadequate and poorly-attached, allowing them to dig into my thighs if I put more than about 200 pounds on it, limiting development. I've actually injured myself once from how badly they were digging into my thighs, and since it normally hurts a lot to use, not recognizing that I was injured. I'm looking to replace it. Don't make my mistake. Get the Cybex or wait for a better deal.

iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    I hate my NYBB seated calf raise. It feels rickety and the pads are inadequate and poorly-attached, allowing them to dig into my thighs if I put more than about 200 pounds on it, limiting development. I've actually injured myself once from how badly they were digging into my thighs, and since it normally hurts a lot to use, not recognizing that I was injured. I'm looking to replace it. Don't make my mistake. Get the Cybex or wait for a better deal.

Thanks for all the helpful answers guys. I've decided to pull the trigger on the cybex. Bodybuilder calves here I come.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for all the helpful answers guys. I've decided to pull the trigger on the cybex. Bodybuilder calves here I come.
    You won't be disappointed with it.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    You won't be disappointed with it.
    I'm kind of disappointed that _I_ didn't pull the trigger on a Cybex for $250 that was posted out where I am about a month ago. I guess I'm holding out for the Sorinex. The beautiful, beautiful Sorinex. In yellow, because Tonka trucks, and I apparently never grew up.

http://store.sorinex.com/Seated-Calf...ine-p/ct-1.htm

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ooooh! That Sorinex looks nice!

Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO, the only calf raises better than the Cybex would be Bodymasters (currently out of production), and Nebula. The seat on the Cybex is very nice. It's awesome, enjoy it!

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm kind of disappointed that _I_ didn't pull the trigger on a Cybex for $250 that was posted out where I am about a month ago. I guess I'm holding out for the Sorinex. The beautiful, beautiful Sorinex. In yellow, because Tonka trucks, and I apparently never grew up.

Ya know, I was fairly content with my little Parabody calf machine until you guys joined the conversation. Now I have calf-machine envy, and I'm going to be scouring CL for a commercial unit.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i feel pretty pleased my $5 york calf raise. the bio mechanics feel great and i love the seat doesn't go down. targets those calves alot better than one that does. but that sorinex seated tibia calf calls to me. i wish i could try one out.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Terpgym View Post
    IMO, the only calf raises better than the Cybex would be Bodymasters (currently out of production), and Nebula. The seat on the Cybex is very nice. It's awesome, enjoy it!
    I own the Nebula and the Sorinex. Those are my two favorite seated calfs at the moment. Nod goes to the Sorinex.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You made the best choice for the dollar. It was a good decision you made.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Repped for the Tonka truck reference!
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The beautiful, beautiful Sorinex. In yellow, because Tonka trucks, and I apparently never grew up.

Sorinex seated calf combines seated calf and tibia dorsi raises. To me the tibia part looks inadequate as it seems you can't really go heavy with it. Horns are short and too low to accomodate bigger plates. BTW, Watson (UK gym equipment manufacturer) makes a similar combo but with better tibia section design.

Sorinex Seated Calf and Tibia:

-

Watsom Gym Equipment Seated Calf and Tibia:
    Attached Images

The Sorinex is superior... that is a generic attempt at a copy. You dont need those ant tib weght horns that long.

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    ... You dont need those ant tib weght horns that long.
    I disagree. Tibia Dorsi can be trained as any other muscle. Here is a quote from Joe Weider's Ultimate Bodybuilding book about Tibialis Raises:

If you haven't been working your tibialis anterior muscles directly, you will find that they become pumped up and reach muscular failure after only a few reps. But with time you can treat them like any other muscle group.
    I wouldn't even consider Sorinex combo for tibia training.

I had to modify my Hammer Strength Tibia Dorsi to be able to use more weights. Here is a picture of it:

Last edited by Jetigen; 01-04-2013 at 12:00 PM.

If somebody feels they want longer weight horns for the tibia, I would recommend getting the sorinex and having them use longer weight horns. The sorinex is a better unit, just have them add longer weight horns for the tibia.

Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    $250 is a little high, but that is a quality calf raise. That is the exact model I have and I do not plan on ever buying another. In fact I had a hammer strength one in next to new condition and got rid of it because I liked the Cybex better. If your choice is between $250 for a Cybex that you will have forever and a NYBarbell I would grab the Cybex if your budget allows.
    What did you think about that Hammer Strength calf raise? I found one for sale locally, and the price ($400) seems a little high to me...but if it's worth it I might take a ride over there and check it out.

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    What did you think about that Hammer Strength calf raise? I found one for sale locally, and the price ($400) seems a little high to me...but if it's worth it I might take a ride over there and check it out.
    I would pass. I never really liked mine. It is well built, but I never really liked the way it locks in your knees and never thought it felt as good as others I have used (Flex, Cybex, Paramount, etc...) For $200 I would probably get it, but no way would I pay $400

Originally Posted by ndmike99 View Post
    I would pass. I never really liked mine. It is well built, but I never really liked the way it locks in your knees and never thought it felt as good as others I have used (Flex, Cybex, Paramount, etc...) For $200 I would probably get it, but no way would I pay $400
    That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks. I don't mind spending the money, I just want to be sure that:

A) I'm getting my money's worth.

and

B) it's enough of an improvement over the equipment I already own to justify the expense.

I may just sit back and watch this one for a little while. Calf machines are slooooow movers in this area, so I doubt this one will be going anywhere in the near future. Maybe they'll be inclined to accept a $200 offer in a few weeks.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    The one I've used I didn't care for. I didn't like the seat moving up & down with the movement.IMO, $400 is too high even if you liked it.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iwantsize6969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I PULLED THE TRIGGER TODAY GUYS.

I bought it. Its sitting in my dad's truck right now, tomorrow we will take it out. The machine is awesome and i'm happy about the purchase. I mean, 250 is the second most i've spent in my gym right after my power rack for $290. But, its also the only professional piece too.

Expensive week. Bought this today- and a used rolex. Tomorrow i'm actually also picking up a free row/lat/cable machine too. HEH