Thread: V-Cut Exercises

NewRoutine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

V-Cut Exercises

I'm wondering what exercises there are to work one's v-cut? The only one I'm currently aware of is having a 45lb plate and leaning each direction (3 sets of 8)

Can anyone share other methods for improving the v-cut area

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    are you talking about the areaa right under the abs? that is the adonis belt(sp?) and from all i have read it is a bodyfat thing not a muscle mass issue.

if you are talking about the V-taper, running from hips to shoulders(pretty much), is a lat width issue pull ups and rows for this usually get the job done
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    are you talking about the areaa right under the abs? that is the adonis belt(sp?) and from all i have read it is a bodyfat thing not a muscle mass issue.

if you are talking about the V-taper, running from hips to shoulders(pretty much), is a lat width issue pull ups and rows for this usually get the job done
    I'm talking about right under the abs. My body fat is low and the workout I named above has helped but I'm wanting to make it more distinguishable. Thanks for the reply, does anyone else know of another workout or two to improve this area?

400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    i searched and found a few answers just google adonis belt exercises and you should find a few that work. heres one

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6846571

like DJauto posts it is a ligament not a muscle

Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wosborne1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NewRoutine View Post
    I'm talking about right under the abs. My body fat is low and the workout I named above has helped but I'm wanting to make it more distinguishable. Thanks for the reply, does anyone else know of another workout or two to improve this area?
    Put muscle on, thats the best way if you alredy at a low body fat %.

Get on a 3 day all body split, like starting strength. It will get your back to grow, after you bulk for a while, cut down it should look much better to you.

Originally Posted by Wosborne1 View Post

Get on a 3 day all body split, like starting strength. It will get your back to grow, after you bulk for a while, cut down it should look much better to you.
    hes refering to the section under the abs. not his v taper. but good advice anyway

Originally Posted by Wosborne1 View Post

I currently work out between 4-6 days a week I've been working out for a good 4 months now but I'm still having lots of problems putting on weight.

I can easily feel my muscles but they aren't as visible as they should be. It's mainly my abs/stomach and chest. For the stomach I'm thinking it could be water weight so I'm taking measures to get that thinned out.

Thank you for the advice above guys, I'll check into that. I also wasn't aware that is a ligament, thanks for that helpful info as well

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Actually i would say its more of a muscle issue than a bodyfat issue, bodyfat dosent relly effect the adonis belt too much, as the ligament is the bass of the belt which seperates the stomach from the legs, and no one relly stores fat on there legs, but rather above the ligament on there stomach.

I have seen pictures of power lifters who are fat, yet still have the base line of there adonis belt.

like DJauto posts it is a ligament not a muscle
    Actually it is a muscle.

The V shape below your abs is called the Adonis belt.

The adonis belt is just a "term" for part of the human anatomy, the adonis belt is caused by the inguinal ligament: http://ect.downstate.edu/courseware/...l35/350108.htm

That is which causes the "line" of the adonis belt but if there is no mass above this there will be no seperation therefore the adonis belt will not show.

The main muscle in which causes the adonis belt is the Transversus abdominis muscle which is a muscle layer of the anterior and lateral abdominal wall which is just deep to (layered below) the internal oblique muscle. Which also somewhat helps produce the adonis belt.

Here is a human anatomy picture of the trunk, which clearly shows that the TA muscle is what creates the adonis belt.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/huston11.htm

So hypertrophy in the Transversus abdominis muscle is what will cause you to get a good adonis belt.

This muscle is activated when you cough, sneeze and suck in your gut (Stomach vacuums)

- http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...nalVacuum.html
    - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

So performing stomach vacuums is deffently the best exercise to perform when trying to develope your adonis belt.

Stomach vacuums with a good MMC (muscle, mind connection) you can actually literally feel the transversus abdominis contracting. Deffently has given me insane gains in my belt, i had been tring to find out to achive this adonis belt for a long time asked many times, everyone always told me its genetics, its low bodyfat you cant train it, its a ligament. Blah, blah, blah. . .

Well actually i did some of my own research learnt the human anatomy then figured out for my self what needs to be done. And not bragging or anything but i now probally have one of the best adonis belts i have ever seen, this is from doing stomach vacuums 5x a week, with good MMC on the TA muscle.

Other exercises also involve the TA muscle but as a secoundry muscle, shere is some good exercises other than stomach vacuums.

- Planks
    - Ab roll outs
    - Squats
    - Deadlifts

Stomach vacuums would be your best place to start, i posted a link above of an article explaining how to do them correctly.

Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Actually i would say its more of a muscle issue than a bodyfat issue, bodyfat dosent relly effect the adonis belt too much, as the ligament is the bass of the belt which seperates the stomach from the legs, and no one relly stores fat on there legs, but rather above the ligament on there stomach.

I have seen pictures of power lifters who are fat, yet still have the base line of there adonis belt.

Actually it is a muscle.

The adonis belt is just a "term" for part of the human anatomy, the adonis belt is caused by the inguinal ligament: http://ect.downstate.edu/courseware/...l35/350108.htm

That is which causes the "line" of the adonis belt but if there is no mass above this there will be no seperation therefore the adonis belt will not show.

The main muscle in which causes the adonis belt is the Transversus abdominis muscle which is a muscle layer of the anterior and lateral abdominal wall which is just deep to (layered below) the internal oblique muscle. Which also somewhat helps produce the adonis belt.

Here is a human anatomy picture of the trunk, which clearly shows that the TA muscle is what creates the adonis belt.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/huston11.htm

So hypertrophy in the Transversus abdominis muscle is what will cause you to get a good adonis belt.

This muscle is activated when you cough, sneeze and suck in your gut (Stomach vacuums)

- http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...nalVacuum.html
    - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

So performing stomach vacuums is deffently the best exercise to perform when trying to develope your adonis belt.

Stomach vacuums with a good MMC (muscle, mind connection) you can actually literally feel the transversus abdominis contracting. Deffently has given me insane gains in my belt, i had been tring to find out to achive this adonis belt for a long time asked many times, everyone always told me its genetics, its low bodyfat you cant train it, its a ligament. Blah, blah, blah. . .

Well actually i did some of my own research learnt the human anatomy then figured out for my self what needs to be done. And not bragging or anything but i now probally have one of the best adonis belts i have ever seen, this is from doing stomach vacuums 5x a week, with good MMC on the TA muscle.

Other exercises also involve the TA muscle but as a secoundry muscle, shere is some good exercises other than stomach vacuums.

- Planks
    - Ab roll outs
    - Squats
    - Deadlifts

Stomach vacuums would be your best place to start, i posted a link above of an article explaining how to do them correctly.
    ah i am corrected. appreciate it

Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post

Actually it is a muscle.

The adonis belt is just a "term" for part of the human anatomy, the adonis belt is caused by the inguinal ligament: *cant post links till I get 30 posts*

*cant post links till I get 30 posts*

- *cant post links till I get 30 posts*
    - [*cant post links till I get 30 posts*

- Planks
    - Ab roll outs
    - Squats
    - Deadlifts

wow you seem to know quite a bit about working this out.

I have a few questions for you, first, when one does stomach vacuums what does it consist of exactly? Because I rarely feel anything from it, but you mentioned you can really feel it. So perhaps I'm doing it wrong. Could you mind explaining how it is supposed to be done, and how many you suggest doing?

Also how often can you work this section out? Are they like abs where one can work them out daily? Or is it like everything else where it has to be worked out every other day

thanks again for the help