ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Muscles getting STRONGER, HARDER, smaller... WTF?!!

My arm muscles are getting STRONGER, HARDER, smaller... WTF?!! Was it just fat in muscle? Maybe I am more fast twitch?

So I am on a deficit, and have been for a long time. I had a lot of fat to loose. I plan to stop cutting come July when I should hit about 8% bf. Right now I am at 10% (not exaggerated). I can finally clearly see my 6 pack without flexing. This is down from 30% bf in December 2009.

I want to cycle between 6-8 after cutting and 10-12 after bulking.

Honestly though, I can do weighted dips 5 sets of 5 at 290 lbs (weighing myself and adding a dumbbell between my legs). I use a 501 tempo and go deep with good form. That is up from from 245 last month. Gains like this are pretty much there in all lifts.

Note: my protien grams are around 1.25 per lb of body weight each day. And my recovery is good.

Lifts things&puts em down styken's Avatar
    styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, aint' that a bitch

Losing the fat, building muscle.

The cool thing is when they go back up to where they were before, but instead of fat it's muscle. Also, don't forget you'll weigh MORE when that happens, b/c muscle weighs more.

That's why they say don't look at weight for fat loss, look at BF%.

ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by styken View Post
    Yeah, aint' that a bitch

Losing the fat, building muscle.

The cool thing is when they go back up to where they were before, but instead of fat it's muscle. Also, don't forget you'll weigh MORE when that happens, b/c muscle weighs more.

That's why they say don't look at weight for fat loss, look at BF%.

Ya it is... The skin on the arms were tight, I looked buff in the arms, per my picture, and a they were an inch bigger unpumped. I guess I am still learning a lot about this stuff.

Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Happened to me too just recently. I just lost some size in my biceps (which is discouraging because I was already unhappy with their size). I was convinced they suddenly got weaker somehow, but in my last bicep workout I had some of my best lifts ever. I don't get it. They got smaller but stronger.
    My Blog:
    http://want-2-b-healthy.blogspot.com/

Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same here. Been cutting for a while (dropped 25lbs so far) and my arms lost almost an inch. (just flexing, not pumped). So I did a workout, measured again, and there we go, size was still there. Pumped I gain a little over an inch.

So I'm guessing fat loss from the arms themselves, not muscle loss. Keep up the good work!

BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The amount of fat a person has is very underestimated. I can attest to this...
    "Consistency, hard work and dedication is the key to success"

Originally Posted by BBLou View Post
    Yes, I am finding this out. BTW, good job on keeping things up! I checked out your stats and see you really work at it.

Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How true. At 260 I thought "if I lose 25lbs I'll be ripped!" Well, I'm lost 30 and realized I have at least 20 more to go. (well, maybe 40 since I was so off before with my estimation).

themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themyth2009 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unfortunately true.

Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate View Post
    My arm muscles are getting STRONGER, HARDER, smaller... WTF?!! Was it just fat in muscle? Maybe I am more fast twitch?

So I am on a deficit, and have been for a long time. I had a lot of fat to loose. I plan to stop cutting come July when I should hit about 8% bf. Right now I am at 10% (not exaggerated). I can finally clearly see my 6 pack without flexing. This is down from 30% bf in December 2009.

I want to cycle between 6-8 after cutting and 10-12 after bulking.

Honestly though, I can do weighted dips 5 sets of 5 at 290 lbs (weighing myself and adding a dumbbell between my legs). I use a 501 tempo and go deep with good form. That is up from from 245 last month. Gains like this are pretty much there in all lifts.

Note: my protien grams are around 1.25 per lb of body weight each day. And my recovery is good.
    When you lose BF going to lose size in your arms, legs, etc. Happens to me everytime. But goal is to look better, not be bigger, for me when cutting.

Real struggle for me below 10%. I keep bouncing around 9% and have been for months. I cant have any cheat meals, miss cardio, etc or I bounce right back.
    Resident smart arse and grammar fool....instagram: heartandfitness

Open Heart Surgery on May 26, 2012. My life goal is to educate and inspire other heart patients. Medical study for new heart patient drugs to start in January 2013. If you have a family history of heart disease please get your blood tested ASAP and your kids. It could save their life.

dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) dochuge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah,

Same thing happened to me and my chest. I used to be very barrel-chested and chest heavy but I carried a lot of fat around them. They are stronger than they have ever been but I'm guessing I've lost about half the mass in my chest at least. Before it was mostly fat/some muscle now its the other way around. Damn, can't seem to get the last bit of fat off of them. But they appear more ripped, so losing size sucks a little but looking more fit and toned compensates.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The women in the female section complain about the same issue, but in a different way. They say they are getting "bulky" because they are building muscle under the fat. Its not the muscle making them look that way, its the fat on top. When you start leaning out, its actually not such a pleasant surprise to see how little muscle is actually there under the fat!
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Originally Posted by dochuge View Post
    Yeah,

Same thing happened to me and my chest. I used to be very barrel-chested and chest heavy but I carried a lot of fat around them. They are stronger than they have ever been but I'm guessing I've lost about half the mass in my chest at least. Before it was mostly fat/some muscle now its the other way around. Damn, can't seem to get the last bit of fat off of them. But they appear more ripped, so losing size sucks a little but looking more fit and toned compensates.
    Ya... This one has got me too. The only thing that increased in size was my legs. I guess running for an hour every day is going to do that. Getting where I want to be is going to take a few more years of cycling. Not so worried about the work, because the gym is the best part of my day, but years is just far away.