moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face Is it possible to build muscle with pink dumbbells?

Is it possible to build or maintain muscle doing high reps with those tiny pink dumbbells?

Would results be any different to doing nothing at all?

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by moogs View Post
    Is it possible to build or maintain muscle doing high reps with those tiny pink dumbbells?

Not sure what weight your using? lots of variables here. I'm sure it's better than nothing at all. But you will hardly " build" muscle. As far as maintaining it depends on what it is your trying to maintain.....
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BEEvon View Post
    Not sure what weight your using? lots of variables here. I'm sure it's better than nothing at all. But you will hardly " build" muscle. As far as maintaining it depends on what it is your trying to maintain.....
    I am trying to maintain my very under-muscled though slightly overweight physique (I am dieting down at the moment). Weights are of the 1-2lb variety. I guess my question is more about maintaining what little muscle I have, its fairly obvious 1lb dumbbells aren't going to build anything.

Are there any rep schemes or tempos that are suited to light weights and high reps? Or any other information or information sources on this where I could read further?

I want to do the best I can.

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am trying to maintain my very under-muscled though slightly overweight physique (I am dieting down at the moment). Weights are of the 1-2lb variety. I guess my question is more about maintaining what little muscle I have, its fairly obvious 1lb dumbbells aren't going to build anything.

Are there any rep schemes or tempos that are suited to light weights and high reps? Or any other information or information sources on this where I could read further?

I want to do the best I can.
    Are you fairly new to weight training? If so, you can try taking advantage of the newbie gains meaning shed fat/ add muscle at the same time. Are you working out at home? By lifting heavier,eating at maintenance, and incorporating in some cardio, you can decrease your overall bf% and probably be more satisfied with your appearance.
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if the pinks challenge you than start there...if not, go to something heavier

Originally Posted by BEEvon View Post
    Are you fairly new to weight training? If so, you can try taking advantage of the newbie gains meaning shed fat/ add muscle at the same time. Are you working out at home? By lifting heavier,eating at maintenance, and incorporating in some cardio, you can decrease your overall bf% and probably be more satisfied with your appearance.
    Ive been "doing weights" for about 5 years but have only taken it seriously this year. I am not a complete newb so I wont have simultaneous fat loss and muscle gain... I go to a full/commercial gym. I have gotten much stronger but will be reverting to the 1lb-ers for about 12 months. If doing them is a complete waste of time then I won't bother. Surely there is some information on this somewhere? I seem to be looking in the wrong places.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You'd be better off finding heavy stuff around the house to lift. A large bag of dog food, sacks of beans or rice, buckets of water, college textbooks...be creative. Anything heavy would be better than 1# DBs.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ive been "doing weights" for about 5 years but have only taken it seriously this year. I am not a complete newb so I wont have simultaneous fat loss and muscle gain... I go to a full/commercial gym. I have gotten much stronger but will be reverting to the 1lb-ers for about 12 months. If doing them is a complete waste of time then I won't bother. Surely there is some information on this somewhere? I seem to be looking in the wrong places.
    Why are you going to be reverting to 1 lb-ers for the next 12 months?
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post
    Why are you going to be reverting to 1 lb-ers for the next 12 months?
    I am having a posterior spinal fusion for scoliosis and can't lift anything heavy for a year It is a major kick in the pants.

Is there any benefit to curling a broomstick (lol) or should I not waste my time? I have only just started seeing results and would like to go backwards as little as possible given the restrictions. I just don't know where to find information about this.

I would go heavy if I could, I love the 4-6 rep range but for some reason I dont think my surgeon will give me the go-ahead post-surgery

FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitNesNes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the best way is to talk to your surgeon or physiotherapist about what exercises you could do to maintain your muscle mass. Other than that, take it as a great chance to perfect your diet

Originally Posted by FitNesNes View Post
    I think the best way is to talk to your surgeon or physiotherapist about what exercises you could do to maintain your muscle mass. Other than that, take it as a great chance to perfect your diet
    My surgeon sets the limits on what I am unable to do but unfortunately he isnt the best person to ask about muscle retention.

Registered Pheasant IronRooster2's Avatar
    IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronRooster2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No. Even if you spent 6 hours every day doing it, at very best it'll resemble a marathon runner's legs.

Maybe something in the 15 to 20 lb range could make some size with ridiculous volume. But if you're wiped out to injury, you're wiped out to injury. It blows all kind of goat chunks.

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe ask whether you can do some sort of hydrotherapy. It won't be what you are used to but may allow you to still work your muscles while the water supports your body.

Originally Posted by Botika View Post
    Maybe ask whether you can do some sort of hydrotherapy. It won't be what you are used to but may allow you to still work your muscles while the water supports your body.
    That's a great idea, I will look into it thank you

Originally Posted by IronRooster2 View Post
    No. Even if you spent 6 hours every day doing it, at very best it'll resemble a marathon runner's legs.

Maybe something in the 15 to 20 lb range could make some size with ridiculous volume. But if you're wiped out to injury, you're wiped out to injury. It blows all kind of goat chunks.
    Looking like a vegan runner at best, how terrifying