Closed Thread
    admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Shoulder Pain When Overhead Pressing

Lately my shoulders have been killing me. They just feel very stiff and sore all the time. When I do overhead presses, they feel stiff and it hurts on the bottom of the movement.

Is this what a rotator cuff problem feels like? If so, I will follow the advice on Dorian's article on rotator cuffs at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian.htm

Also, do you guys feel that Bent Over Side Laterals are a good idea?

Thanks!!

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Bent over side laterals, the ones for the rear delts, they are fine but personally I prefer to work the rear delts using 2 cables and standing upright, a sort of reverse motion of cable flyes.

Maybe your shoulders just need a rest, when was the last itme you had a week off? You could be overtraining them in terms of all pressing movements. If they are suffering some wear and tear I highly recommend glucosamine/chondroitin

milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yup could be rotator cuff .
    Does your shoulder crackle when you do a windmill with your arm.
    Put your arm behind your back and get some to push your hand up does it hurt a little in your shoulder?
    IF so you might have a rotator cuff injury or rsi maybe from putting all your weight on one arm while sitting at a desk.

VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by milkman
    Put your arm behind your back and get some to push your hand up does it hurt a little in your shoulder?
    IF so you might have a rotator cuff injury or rsi maybe from putting all your weight on one arm while sitting at a desk.
    i thought the same thing

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    more than likely that is exactly what the problem is. I would do the routine on the days you work the arms. But do it before you do anything else. In other words warm up stretch and then do the cuff. once done then do the arm routine. Agfter a few weeks you should notice a big difference. But a word to the wise, use a light weight to start with. Even if it 5-10 lbs.

Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dorian,
    In your article you said do each exercise to fatigue, but how many sets do you recommend. Is this the type of thing where you only do 1 set or is it like normal exercises where you do several?

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do it as a part of your normal rotuine. I would do at least 1-2 sets of each. when I say fatigue I mean somewhere in the lines of 10-12.Use a light enough weight at first so as to not blow out your joints. I use 10-20 pounds only for this.When you get stronger then up the weight.

Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Lately my shoulders have been killing me. They just feel very stiff and sore all the time. When I do overhead presses, they feel stiff and it hurts on the bottom of the movement.

Is this what a rotator cuff problem feels like? If so, I will follow the advice on Dorian's article on rotator cuffs at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian.htm

Also, do you guys feel that Bent Over Side Laterals are a good idea?

Thanks!!
    ya i had the same problem too

wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Pirate4lyfe View Post
    ya i had the same problem too
    WTF, you repled to a thread that is nearly 7 years old? you actually FOUND a thread that is 7 years old! lol
    IG: waldronconstruction

Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pirate4lyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wala View Post
    WTF, you repled to a thread that is nearly 7 years old? you actually FOUND a thread that is 7 years old! lol
    i wanted to find out what was the first thread evey created but it is deleted rip

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1

ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProSter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    same happened to me. I think i'm going to take them out of my routine.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ProSter View Post
    same happened to me. I think i'm going to take them out of my routine.
    This thread is 11 years old.

Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Domesho7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    11/13 injured rotator cuff checking in
    Rest In Peace Aziz "Zyzz" Shavershian

phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phreshprince has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wtf.... 12 year old thread

Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rogelsmashhh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    whenever I do OHP my front delts burn like crazy from doing more than 5 reps but when I do clean and jerks, no pain. even with bench, I don't have shoulder pain. only on the OHP do my front delts hurt like a mofo and its like a good 6-7 on a 1-10 scale. I do use good form, or atleast decent.

artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100) artmansg is not very well liked. (-100)
    Honestly the best thing I’ve recommended to my athletes is to find out if they have any risk doing certain motions and the only way you can find that out is to Grade any tear… if there is any… and know what structure has the tear. Program design can be modified obviously until the athlete is healed up but most people don’t realize that every sport has the DL… sometimes a 14 DL is needed depending on the injury. Some you can play through.

MSK Ultrasound or Diagnostic Ultrasound (Not the therapy kind) on the Shoulder is considered the “Gold Standard” for evaluation of the soft tissues of the shoulder. Soft tissues include the rotator cuff and bursa. MSK Ultrasound on the Shoulder can be used to take a glimpse at the cartilage, also known as the labrum but still the “Gold Standard” for that will be the arthrogram… here a good article and video on how MSK Ultrasound help manage lifting injuries… Honestly the best thing I’ve recommended to my Crossfitters is to find out if they have any risk doing certain motions and the only way you can find that out is to Grade any tear… if there is any… and know what structure has the tear. Program design can be modified obviously until the athlete is healed up but most people don’t realize that every sport has the DL… sometimes a 14 DL is needed depending on the injury. Some you can play through.

MSK Ultrasound or Diagnostic Ultrasound (Not the therapy kind) on the Shoulder is considered the “Gold Standard” for evaluation of the soft tissues of the shoulder. Soft tissues include the rotator cuff and bursa. MSK Ultrasound on the Shoulder can be used to take a glimpse at the cartilage, also known as the labrum but still the “Gold Standard” for that will be the arthrogram… Just youtube MSK ulltrasound for the shoulder and you'll find some great demos of it.

mapierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    I have a pain in my right shoulder similar to what I'm reading all over here. It seems like it's in my deltoid. The only time it effects me is when I do over head press with mid to high weight. And seems to hurt when the bar is about eye/ear level and I drive. If I hold the resistance it doesn't hurt, but when driving it does.
    I have been doing light weight training to strengthen it so I can progress to higher weight for over head exercise.
    Currently I can do reg BB overhead press 3x12 of 110lbs, DB over head 40lb. Any higher weight & it bothers me.

All other exercise including Deltoid, Trap, chest & neck do not affect it what so ever. Doing pull ups and push-ups don't bother it either. I did a windmill and there is some slight popping but mostly smooth, there is slight popping in my left shoulder as well seems normal. Also back and front extensions don't hurt.

beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000) beep is just really nice. (+1000)
    How long does it take to heal?

I have the same problem...pain is only on certain movements and mainly when I do overhead moves. I have stayed off from lifting that particular move for at least 3-4 months but it hasn't healed.

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wtf man, thread is from 2001

anonymous
    I'm pretty sure this is one of the first threads ever made on this site, such a find.

E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RobinConnors View Post
    Hi,

You should not neglect this pain. Consult with a good chiropractor doctor as soon as possible.
    Ill be sure to let him know. Thanks for your help!

gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gingersliftto is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wala View Post
    Lol, can't stand it when people do this!
    BONESAW IS REEAADY!!

IVE GOT YOU IN THE CAGE FOR THREE MINUTES!

three minutes of playtime!

***I am not a ass man, I am not a tit man, I am a face man crew***

tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000) tdcouzens is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I get this in my right shoulder. I deload for a week, I've deloaded for two before. And the pain is still there. It is clearly affecting my overhead pressing. I'm stuck at 75kg. I get pain on the up and down movement but doesn't affect me to stop. Just need to man up abit. I feel like it gets worse when the bar drop eye/nose level and its easier the higher it gets from then on. The NHS are stingey with giving out medication and scans. It took me 3months to get a physiotherapist for a knee injury that could of left me with surgery and they only gave me it because i got a note from my osteopath demanding to be seen. They was absolutely useless and the physio was a waste of time. Just a bunch of exercises i was already doing in my own rehab worked out with the osteopath i was paying for.

kirill14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    15 years later..