clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

power tower vs t bar row machine..help?

vs

i will be buying one of these this week(brand doesnt matter)which do you think would benefit me more?

i currently own just free weights,bench,bars,plates,dumbells,ect

im leaning towards a power tower because i dont need that machine for dead lifts or shrugs just t-row(i currently do back exercises with dumbells)but i have nothing to do pull ups or dips with.

what would you do?
    NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    You can do t-bar rows with just a corner and a barbell you don't need any special machine at all.

A tower allows pull-ups, dips, leg raises, and extended ROM push-ups. This is the far more useful piece.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depends on price. I'd probably just get one of those door hanger things for pullups or bolt some pipes to a wall/beam for pullups/dips.

I'd save the money and buy a power rack. I would not buy the first machine at all.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clockworkred is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    You can do t-bar rows with just a corner and a barbell you don't need any special machine at all.

A tower allows pull-ups, dips, leg raises, and extended ROM push-ups. This is the far more useful piece.
    i too feel the power tower is much more useful but i cant help it i want the t bar row machine lol

i never thought about using the bar....so like what do?

set the bar on ground,load up one side,stand with it between my legs and take it from there?

ive never used a t bar row before....i dunno lol
    NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

Originally Posted by metroins View Post
    Depends on price. I'd probably just get one of those door hanger things for pullups or bolt some pipes to a wall/beam for pullups/dips.

I'd save the money and buy a power rack. I would not buy the first machine at all.
    thinking the same thing
    NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Insta T-Bar. If you want to get fancy get a handle.

Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by clockworkred View Post
    i too feel the power tower is much more useful but i cant help it i want the t bar row machine lol

i never thought about using the bar....so like what do?

set the bar on ground,load up one side,stand with it between my legs and take it from there?

ive never used a t bar row before....i dunno lol
    Here's a post that explains a good old school way to set this up. I do them with a similar posture to a barbell row just leaning back a bit to really hit the mid back.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...3&postcount=15
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

thanks guys appreciate it

measly repps

metroin ill get you on the recharge bro sorry
    NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 210 lbs you'll find most power towers to be a bit shaky with you on it.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-