Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

1.5 Grams Protein Per Pound Body Weight

Being one who preaches protein protein protein and has posted in here..."when you think you have taken enough protein...take more", I set my mark at 1.5 grams per pound body weight last month to see the anabolic effect. Early results are in....and, a stock market reccomendation....invest in the makers of Charmin and Muscle Milk. My body weight is up 6 lbs. and visable fat is down. I'm always full and never have the carb/sugar cravings. OK OK here is what 300 grams looked like yesterday, Sunday:

30 gm. Muscle Milk 5:30 am...off to gym
    50 gm. 1/3 lb. deli sliced roast beef 8 am while at super market
    30 gm. Muscle Milk 10:30 am
    50 gm. can of salmon Noon
    20 gm. bowl of KASHI with nonfat milk 2 pm
    30 gm. Muscle Milk 4 pm
    50 gm. Sashimi and Sushi 6:30 pm
    30 gm. Muscle Milk at bedtime

290.....I failed. Should not have let Momma Snake have those last two red tuna slices.

Today being work day I will carry with me pre cooked buffalo burgers, the kind without all the hair. I will cook up some chicken breasts to haul around later in the week. This is NOT an easy task.

dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Baldsnake View Post
    <snip>invest in the makers of Charmin and Muscle Milk. <snip>... pre cooked buffalo burgers, the kind without all the hair.
    ROFL

I bet that is a tough mark. Since I started cutting seriously just before Thanksgiving I have been falling just short of 1 gr/lb (200 lbs). I was planning on increasing that to closer to 1.5 when I get done cutting.

Maybe try to find the buffalo WITH the hair for some extra fiber?

Darren
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

I'm back, visit my new journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=455993991

Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There was a time when I was a skeptic about the whole protien thing, especially after researching and reading medical journals that cast serious doubt on the whole protien consumtion leading to muscle growth theory.

Well, those medical professionals are simply wrong. It is as Baldsnake says. A high intake of protien leads to muscle growth and leanness in body composition.

I have done my own dietary experiments and protien does lead to muscle growth and the leaning out of the body. The case is closed as far as I am concerned.

The only problem with a high protien diet is that it is very hard (for me) to maintain consistently, day in and day out.
    Deuteronomy 6:5

How do you know that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a muzzle flash?

kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is this total body mass or lean body mass?
    you take in 300g pro, what is your carb intake? Fat?
    I see you take 4 shakes a day, have you tried this with whole food?
    Thanks
    Ken

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have any of you had liver enzymes become elevated from high protein intake? Mine were elevated from taking Amino Acids. Within 2 weeks of stopping them, my liver enzymes were in the middle of the normal ranges. If I eat a lot of protein, will it inflame my liver like the AA's did?
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ken...whole body mass. Closer to 1.75+ LBM.

Nam...which liver enzymes were outta whack? Loads of fluids and Lipotropics (Inositol/Choline/Methionine/Betaine/B6) can take care of the ammonias and other purines. Alfalfa tablets and green tea also cool things down.

Carbs/fats. Lets see...aside from Salmon, my Omegas, olive oil...I'm OK with good fats. Carbs...lets see. One tomato a day, KASHI cereal, small piece of fruit and a plate of steamed broccoli once a week about does my carbs (other than that which is in Muscle Milk).

I prefer "real" food protein. I work 60 hours a week and help a stroke victim wife with all the home chores. Powders are a winner for my life style. Easy. quick and TASTY.

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    AST's (SGOT) were at 146, normal is 0-40

ALT's (SGPT) were at 67, normal is 0-55

I was taking a product called MAP (Master Amino Acid Pattern). As soon as I quit, both enzymes dropped into the mid 20's
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chief1450 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Baldsnake,
    How much water will you drink in a days time while consuming that much protein?

Do you have to force youself to drink it?

Do you drink it before or after each meal?

The only time I drink plenty of water is during and after my time in the gym. I just don't seam to think about it at any other time of the day.

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    AST's (SGOT) were at 146, normal is 0-40

ALT's (SGPT) were at 67, normal is 0-55

I was taking a product called MAP (Master Amino Acid Pattern). As soon as I quit, both enzymes dropped into the mid 20's
    Interesting. I eat lots of protein, closer to 2gms ppbw. Also take amino's as well. I am training hard right now, and just had blood scan and all was good. Hmmm. Maybe you can ease into it and see what happens?

I do eat only one or two 50gm shakes a day. I don't use muscle milk cause I like to get my carbs another way, yet shouldn't really matter I would think.
    Last edited by oldsuperman; 12-18-2006 at 08:18 AM. Reason: add on
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    medical journals that cast serious doubt on the whole protien consumtion leading to muscle growth theory.
    Well, one can find studies to prove almost any viewpoint. Personally, I belive through my own experience that high-protein intake is beneficial (and indeed required) to what "we" want to achieve.

And, wallah, I can even produce a study to support my point of view:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

Subjects with high serum triacylglycerol lost more fat mass with the HP (High Protein)than with the HC (High Carb) diet and had a greater decrease in triacylglycerol concentrations with the HP than with the HC diet. Triacylglycerol concentrations decreased more with the HP than with the HC. Serum vitamin B-12 increased 9% with the HP diet and decreased 13% with the HC diet. CONCLUSION: An energy-restricted, high-protein, low-fat diet provides nutritional and metabolic benefits that are equal to and sometimes greater than those observed with a high-carbohydrate diet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

Findings from this study show that variations in protein intake can modulate WBPTO (whole body protein turnover) and that protein intake approximating the current recommended dietary allowance was not sufficient to achieve nitrogen balance in the endurance-trained males in this investigation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=1474076

In summary, protein requirements for athletes performing strength training are greater than for sedentary individuals and are above current Canadian and US recommended daily protein intake requirements for young healthy males.

Many of "us" (if I may be so bold) have a strong aerobic exercise part in their workouts. As I understand the issue, the more cardio you do, the higher are your protein requirements to meet the needs of protein catabolism during aerobic exercise (and thus to prevent loss of muscle protein (or at least growth potential) to cardio).

The problem is that a lot of the studies quoted to show that high protein intake is unnecessary seem to be from the late 80's, and are now superseded by more current knowledge.

Regards,
    Aquilius

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That bowl of cardboard, er Kashki, will keep your internals moving. Thought the can of salmon had more protein than that - along with plenty of good EFAs.

Nam.....From what little I know about the liver/protein relationship is that with a healthy liver there is little or no concern with high protein intake. Alcohol consumption and predisposed liver damage/disease/genetics all release transaminates (ALT AST) into the bloodstream which is picked up in liver enzyme tests.

Chief....I am water deficit and actually passed out in a customers office 3 weeks ago from dehydration from doing sled pulls at the gym on a 93 degree L.A. fall day. I force down fluids. I liter during workout (now) and 2 one liter bottles during the day in addition to a cup of coffee, a diet energy drink and a diet Coke.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Being one who preaches protein protein protein and has posted in here..."when you think you have taken enough protein...take more", I set my mark at 1.5 grams per pound body weight last month to see the anabolic effect. Early results are in....and, a stock market reccomendation....invest in the makers of Charmin and Muscle Milk. My body weight is up 6 lbs. and visable fat is down. I'm always full and never have the carb/sugar cravings. OK OK here is what 300 grams looked like yesterday, Sunday:

30 gm. Muscle Milk 4 pm

290.....I failed. Should not have let Momma Snake have those last two red tuna slices.

Today being work day I will carry with me pre cooked buffalo burgers, the kind without all the hair. I will cook up some chicken breasts to haul around later in the week. This is NOT an easy task.
    Sashimi I can tolerate, Sushi is just darn right NASTY.

Rice is evil!
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

From Fat As* To Bad As* magnumfreak's Avatar
    magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I usually make the 1.5 mark daily. It is tough but it is what I need to build muscle. Oh, and for me it is 495 grams a day. Thank goodness for protein shakes. I use them to fill in the gaps. About 75 percent comes from whole foods.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've really cleaned up my diet in the past few months, and I'm having trouble hitting 1 g/pound LBW. I'm lucky if I can hit .75 g/pound.

Any more, and I blow my caloric goals while meeting my fat and carb goals.

Life was so much simpler when I didn't give a crap what I ate, but I'm getting better at this.
    Last edited by IdahoViking; 12-18-2006 at 12:03 PM.
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Today being work day I will carry with me pre cooked buffalo burgers, the kind without all the hair..
    LOL maybe if you ate the buffalo WITH the hair??? Could help with the protien content??? Seriously though- great TRY -- it is SO hard to keep protien levels up...
    Being different is NEVER easy...see my ******** page at "Maria Roelle Health Coaching" or check out my website at www.mariaroelle.com If you have questions regarding plant based diet or healing foods, please feel free to contact me.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    30 gm. Muscle Milk 4 pm
    Jeepers, Barron of Baldness, that's a lot of Muscle Milk! Good protein! Have you ever tried Cyto Gainer, made by the same company as Muscle Milk, Cyto Sport? It has all of the protein and good carbs, but without all of the sugars.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

I get to 200 g pretty easily on an 1800 calorie diet. Typical day:

Breakfast:6 egg white omelet, 36 g protein, 180 calories.
    Snack: Protein powder shake in blender with water and ice with a tbsp of sugar free mocha coffee mix, 203 calories, 38g protein.
    Lunch, 4 oz salmon, cup brown rice: 380 calories, 29 g protein.
    Snack: same as morning
    Supper: 7 oz chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, small sweet potato 543 calories, 64 g protein
    Snack: same as first one

Totals: 1712 calories, 243g protein.

Pretty easy, can't figure out why people can't get to 200 g protein

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    Have any of you had liver enzymes become elevated from high protein intake? Mine were elevated from taking Amino Acids. Within 2 weeks of stopping them, my liver enzymes were in the middle of the normal ranges. If I eat a lot of protein, will it inflame my liver like the AA's did?

How was your water intake? I know with me, I need to down 2 gallons/day along with the 450-500g of protein I ingest. You keep yourself hydrated and you'll find the high protein intake to be far less taxing on your liver.

And Baldie, the indigestion is temporary. In the past, I found I needed to ramp up to new levels, not just jump right into a 30-50% increase. Aslo, the more whole food you can consume, the less Charmin you'll need. And as far as shakes go, I find that whey isolate is far less disruptive on the stomach than other proteins, but the catch is it is also more expensive.

jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmc53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've never seen a study that recommended lower protein intake levels that was taking into account the positive effect on metabolism that regular protein intake has, and that was specifically targeted to resistance training. With most of the studies I see quoted in favor of lower protein intake - you might as well read "Horse and Hound" looking for your next workout program.

For those struggling with water intake - try placing large cups of water everywhere you sit (at the puter, travel mug in car, next to TV armchair, desk at work). You'll find that you get in the habit of sipping it simply because it's there, and it soon becomes second nature to sip water all day long. I struggled to get my water intake high enough for a while, now I sit at the puter and just automatically reach for the water glass.
    Yes, for us older guys it means a few trips to the bathroom during the night, I always drink some water at each nocturnal visit as well.
    Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.
    Douglas Adams

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

I'm withe Steve, I have to do 1.5-2 gallons a day on 500+ grams of protein a day or my pee is a yellowish orange, not to mention the fear or a protein stone!! I also add in whey when I don't feel like eating a lot of meat or I'm pressed for time.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use a gallon milk jug as my water bottle and carry it with me everywhere. My coworkers used to gawk when I chugged at it during meetings but since they all know that I don't give a rat's ass what they think, they didn't pester me about it

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    I use a gallon milk jug as my water bottle and carry it with me everywhere. My coworkers used to gawk when I chugged at it during meetings but since they all know that I don't give a rat's ass what they think, they didn't pester me about it

I do this when drinking green tea, which I'll do during prep. I steep 5-6 bags of green tea overnight and than put it into a gallon jug and fill the rest with water....great way to kill two birds with one stone (do you think by now everyone knows how much I swear by green tea? lol)

Green tea....just did that yesterday. Arizona (brand) makes a no sugar green tea sweetened with like only one gm. honey in a 1.24L bottle. Not bad. Now make it myself? No chance. I'll pick another one up on way to office.

Yesterday I really tried to jam the protein....failed again at 280. So far today at 7:50 am Pacific I've done a 45 gmn. MM pre 4:30 workout, oatmeal post WO and just finished an 8 white/one yolk omlette for about 30 more. I'll hammer a 30 gm. MM in car on way to office about 9 am. I'll take a salmon can for another 50 about 11ish. Think I will mix in a little white onion and one tbl. spoon fat free mayo to cut the yuckies. That gets me half way done by noon. Somewhere in there I gotta sell some 10 wheelers to pay for all this fun.

Baldie - what about red meat? I noticed you had some deli style roast beef, so I'm guessing you're not a veg. You sit down with a 1 pound plate of tips and you just walloped away a great source of 100g of protein! I try and have a couple of 100g meals during the day (a pound of meat is pretty easy for me to consume, especially when I take in any carbs I might be having after I eat all of the protein). Makes hitting those high numbers a lot easier. Also, you may just want to force yourself to do 60g at each of your 6 meals....another "easy" way of reaching your goal.

Wink

Mr. S I will up each meal to 45-60 min. And yes, vegitarian,,,,favorite veggie is a good med. rare buffalo burger.

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    Baldie - what about red meat? I noticed you had some deli style roast beef, so I'm guessing you're not a veg. You sit down with a 1 pound plate of tips and you just walloped away a great source of 100g of protein! I try and have a couple of 100g meals during the day (a pound of meat is pretty easy for me to consume, especially when I take in any carbs I might be having after I eat all of the protein). Makes hitting those high numbers a lot easier. Also, you may just want to force yourself to do 60g at each of your 6 meals....another "easy" way of reaching your goal.
    Yeah that's what I had to do as well, I upped my shakes from 23 to 46g per serving and started hammering more beef.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks to the above posters with more useful info. on water. I was going to post a question if it was really worth the effort to down a gallon/day. I know it's good for you, I know it hydrates; still never conviced me to work on it. Go through a pot of coffee/day here & that ain't negotiable but now I'll try to get a lot more water sloshing around in there too. Won't be enjoyable but.....

Off to the gym.

scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Green tea....just did that yesterday. Arizona (brand) makes a no sugar green tea sweetened with like only one gm. honey in a 1.24L bottle. Not bad. Now make it myself? No chance. I'll pick another one up on way to office.

Yesterday I really tried to jam the protein....failed again at 280. So far today at 7:50 am Pacific I've done a 45 gmn. MM pre 4:30 workout, oatmeal post WO and just finished an 8 white/one yolk omlette for about 30 more. I'll hammer a 30 gm. MM in car on way to office about 9 am. I'll take a salmon can for another 50 about 11ish. Think I will mix in a little white onion and one tbl. spoon fat free mayo to cut the yuckies. That gets me half way done by noon. Somewhere in there I gotta sell some 10 wheelers to pay for all this fun.
    I started the Green Tea about a month ago and love it. It's Diet Lipton with citrus, the mixed berry is great also. 0 calories, 0 carbs.
    I will see abs!