scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Tattoos to cover stretch marks?

Hey guys,

I just thought of this and it might be stupid but I have zero experience with tats. Has anyone here gotten tattoos over stretch-marked skin? How does it look? Is it a good way to cover up the stretch marks or will it make it worse?

Cheers!

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I believe it could cover it up, its also an option for those who get surgery and wanna hide the scars.

But I think the marks should be white? not sure how tats look over red stretch marks.

getting bigger is a bitch bizzmeister's Avatar
    bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10) bizzmeister is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depending on how bad it is, a good tan can mostly cover it up.

I got some from losing weight, about 4 spots on my stomach. They ain't that bad but I definitely want to work on a tan.
    Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.

cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cujo23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I not a tattoo expert but I believe I saw on one of the billion tattoo shows that a lady wanted one over a scar and the artist said that the skin is different when dealing with scars and strech marks and will screw the tattoo up or not look right. You prolly just better off talking to a tattoo artist

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stretch marks are scar tissue, and generally, scar tissue will not accept the pigments used in tats. If you try to cover the marks up with a tat, you will clearly see the mark because it won't have any pigment in it.

There's another process called multi-trepannic collagen actuation, also known as dry needling, where fine needles are used to pierce the scar tissue and break it up, forcing the skin to repair itself and bring in new natural pigmentation on its own. It lessens the appearance of stretch marks however does not eliminate them.

scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks guys.

Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yea unfortunately as already stated the stretch marks will not hold the ink correctly. The area can bleed and run the ink also which just turns into a disaster.

Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mnx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suggest a tiger lashing out at the person looking at the tattoo, with the tears being the stretch marks
    Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
    Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Lo, there do I see my Father.
    Lo, there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers.
    Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
    They do bid me to take my place among them
    In the Halls of Valhalla,
    Where the Brave may live forever.
    -13th Warrior

kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10) kranked is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think you can tattoo over scar tissue.

Tanner. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most tattoo artists aren't gonna tattoo over scar tissue, it just doesn't take ink very well or for very long, however, you can have an artist work around the stretch marks to mask them or make them less obvious.

If you happen to find a tattoo artist sketchy enough to tattoo over your stretch marks....run.
    Work Hard. Rise Fast.

June 1,2008- 227lbs.
    July 1,2008- 223.5lbs.

smiley68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smiley68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have a tattoo that covers a scar it has held the ink fine...was a lil more tender...but it is holding in he did go pretty deep becuz of that but its fine.

Brb cutting (no emo) 2.0Tsunami's Avatar
    2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bizzmeister View Post
    Depending on how bad it is, a good tan can mostly cover it up.

I got some from losing weight, about 4 spots on my stomach. They ain't that bad but I definitely want to work on a tan.
    How do you get stretch marks from losing weight? I'm thinking you already had them.

To the OP: A tattoo will not cover it up. Even w/ a tattoo you will be able to see a change in the color

Originally Posted by Mnx4 View Post
    I suggest a tiger lashing out at the person looking at the tattoo, with the tears being the stretch marks
    Haha, very creative!

mastermind412 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dont think a tattoo will mess up over a scretch mark cause my brother got a tat over his scretch mark and its perfectley fine and i got a tattoo when i was 16 and my arms was skinny and now my arms are bigger and its perfectley fine so i dont think it will matter

robdlp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it should help. I have tattoos on my shoulder where I have stretch marks and its fine. when I got tattooed and during the healing process the stretch marks got red and were raised up a lot but after its healed it looks normal. held the ink exactly the same as my normal skin did.

kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try body airbrush. it's not permanent but it last for atleast a week. it should cover up the stretch marks.
    'S' on my CHEST
    (In Malaysia till 2011)

Originally Posted by kaMp87 View Post
    try body airbrush. it's not permanent but it last for atleast a week. it should cover up the stretch marks.
    Yeah, I'll do this every week until I die.

onixxxxxxxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 1.8Tsunami View Post
    How do you get stretch marks from losing weight? I'm thinking you already had them.

To the OP: A tattoo will not cover it up. Even w/ a tattoo you will be able to see a change in the color
    you can get stretch marks from gaining weight (or muscle for that matter) too fast, and also by losing weight too fast. Basically anything you do to your body to cause your skin to stretch one way or the other faster than your body's ability to heal and keep up with the stretching will give stretch marks.

kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaMp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Originally Posted by scubyfan View Post
    Yeah, I'll do this every week until I die.
    lol i feel your pain. i started to develop some by my chest and it's painfully frustrates me. **** got me depressed, and i said the same thing to myself man. but truth to the matter is you'll have to get used to it and learn to live with it. it'll make ur live easier. just look at it in a different aspect, thank god that you're not retarded or have no missing body parts or extra head or something. i saw this kid on the news the other day with no arms and legs, it's disturbing. but by thinking like that tho, it makes my life easier to live.

lol i hope u get my point bro
    'S' on my CHEST
    (In Malaysia till 2011)

Location: Hungerford, Berkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    sretep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sretep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sretep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sretep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Use Bio Oil!
    Put that cookie daun!

Bigpoken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a tattoo artist, It can be done by an experienced artist. If a stretchmark or scar is recent, they may not touch it. Its up to them when they take a look at it. The older the stretchmark or scar is, the better. But find a GOOD artist. It may cost abit more, but you get what you pay for.