Closed Thread
    Spartae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many calories and macronutrients should I consume daily?

Looking through copious amounts of calorie and macronutrient information on the internet, I am yet to find a definitive answer of how many calories and macronutrients should I consume daily based upon my activity level.

I go to the gym three to four days a week, jog 2.5-3.5 miles three times a week, play basketball twice a week for an hour, and also do basic exercises at home every night.

I'm 16-years-old, weigh 85kg, am 189cm tall, have a body fat percentage of around 17.8% and am aiming to eventually have a shredded body, muscular athletic body (possibly something like the picture in the attachments).

So my question to you guys is, how many calories and macronutrients should I consume daily based upon my activity level and current statistics? A big thank you in advance to you all.

(I also did look at 'Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs', but did not really understand it).
    Attached Images

MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MITCHAPAL00ZA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No one can accurately assess how many calories you require. you can either get a bodybugg or just go with trial and error like many of us have. also are you cutting or bulking?
    xTUNAx CREW
    SOYBOY CREW

Originally Posted by MITCHAPAL00ZA View Post
    No one can accurately assess how many calories you require. you can either get a bodybugg or just go with trial and error like many of us have. also are you cutting or bulking?
    I don't really understand the terms cutting and bulking thoroughly enough to answer this question. Could you possibly explain the terms further please?

The Shotgun Samurai tygeruppercut's Avatar
    tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    depends on your goals. read the macronutrient sticky for more info
    You jagaloons! You're failures! FAILURES!
    Hey, you're embarrassing yourself, you geriatric ****!
    Brennan.
    Two things: You keep your liver-spotted hands off my beautiful mother. She's a saint! And then you sit down and you write Dale and Brennan a check for $10,000.
    Oh, stop it! Stop it right...
    Or I'm gonna shove one of those fake hearing devices so far up your ass...
    Brennan!
    ...you can hear the sound of your small intestine as it produces ****!

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Spartae View Post
    I don't really understand the terms cutting and bulking thoroughly enough to answer this question. Could you possibly explain the terms further please?
    Those are generic bodybuilder terms/slang.

Cutting = losing fat
    Bulking = gaining muscle.

Generally you cannot do the both at the same time. To lose weight, you need to consume less calories than you burn (generally you want to eat 500-1000 less per day, which equates to 1-2lbs a week). To gain muscle, you need to eat more calories than you burn (usually about 250-500 cals more, you gain muscle more slowly than you can lose fat). Both diets require roughly the same macro content, which is as follows.

1g protein/lb weight. For overweight individuals, you could also go 1g protein/lean body mass (total weight - lbs fat). If you don't know that, using 1g protein/lb goal bodyweight should work fine. Protein is needed to help retain muscle mass (you want to lose fat, not muscle) and protein is also the most satiating of the macros (keeps you full).

.35 grams fat/lb weight (.45 of LBM/target weight). Fat is necessary for proper hormone function and solid energy (your body's primary energy system needs fat to run properly). One of the reasons people feel miserable on diets is because they don't get enough fat and their hormones/energy tank.

Everything else is optional. Eat whatever (carbs/more protein/more fat) until you hit your calorie goal.

Originally Posted by senor_mortgage View Post
    Those are generic bodybuilder terms/slang.

Cutting = losing fat
    Bulking = gaining muscle.

Generally you cannot do the both at the same time. To lose weight, you need to consume less calories than you burn (generally you want to eat 500-1000 less per day, which equates to 1-2lbs a week). To gain muscle, you need to eat more calories than you burn (usually about 250-500 cals more, you gain muscle more slowly than you can lose fat). Both diets require roughly the same macro content, which is as follows.

1g protein/lb weight. For overweight individuals, you could also go 1g protein/lean body mass (total weight - lbs fat). If you don't know that, using 1g protein/lb goal bodyweight should work fine. Protein is needed to help retain muscle mass (you want to lose fat, not muscle) and protein is also the most satiating of the macros (keeps you full).

.35 grams fat/lb weight (.45 of LBM/target weight). Fat is necessary for proper hormone function and solid energy (your body's primary energy system needs fat to run properly). One of the reasons people feel miserable on diets is because they don't get enough fat and their hormones/energy tank.

Everything else is optional. Eat whatever (carbs/more protein/more fat) until you hit your calorie goal.
    So basically, bulking is for muscle size and cutting is muscle definition?

senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50) senor_mortgage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So basically, bulking is for muscle size and cutting is muscle definition?
    More or less, but technically muscle definition is most just low body fat.

JESSICA0431 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Excellent!!! Proteins & Fats formula ...What is the formula for carbs?

xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You're 16, don't worry about all this yet. Just eat a well balanced diet and lift. Don't worry too much about calories, let your body grow.

nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10) nosquatch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking through copious amounts of calorie and macronutrient information on the internet, I am yet to find a definitive answer of how many calories and macronutrients should I consume daily based upon my activity level.

I go to the gym three to four days a week, jog 2.5-3.5 miles three times a week, play basketball twice a week for an hour, and also do basic exercises at home every night.

I'm 16-years-old, weigh 85kg, am 189cm tall, have a body fat percentage of around 17.8% and am aiming to eventually have a shredded body, muscular athletic body (possibly something like the picture in the attachments).

So my question to you guys is, how many calories and macronutrients should I consume daily based upon my activity level and current statistics? A big thank you in advance to you all.

(I also did look at 'Calculating Calorie & Macronutrient Needs', but did not really understand it).
    Look up my channel on youtube (nosquatch), I have a video showing you how to calculate your daily macronutrient requirement.

lindseynicole12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lindseynicole12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lindseynicole12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sometimes people dint know that how much calorie can be take in a day.

lindseynicole12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lindseynicole12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lindseynicole12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There is different parameters for taking calorie to men and women.

lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lashin95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you are 16
    then have good diet lift well
    sleep
    to 18