jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000)

How to reheat chicken in microwave. Keeping it moist?

Whether right off the grill or out of the oven, the chicken is great and juicy. But when I put it in the fridge for work the next day and microwave it, it comes out dry and tough and tastes like crap.

Any ideas how to reheat chicken in a microwave without it losing it's tenderness/juices? Thanks.

Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jcbrowns View Post
    Whether right off the grill or out of the oven, the chicken is great and juicy. But when I put it in the fridge for work the next day and microwave it, it comes out dry and tough and tastes like crap.

Any ideas how to reheat chicken in a microwave without it losing it's tenderness/juices? Thanks.

Place another plate of the same size upside down directly on top of the plate with the chicken.

It will keep all of the moisture in.

AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This might be a dumb question. But is the chicken cut up before you put it in the refrigerator? And also, is it in tupperware or just on a plate covered with saran wrap? I think the tupperware would hold the moisture better, as would not having any of it cut.

I dont seem to have that problem too often because:
    1) I eat all the chicken and have no leftovers
    2) I marinate in italian dressing, adds a lot of moisture and tastes great!
    3) I store it in the tupperware with rice. I think that helps as far as moisture is concerned

Maybe my post wont help much, but those were just a few things that popped into my head. Hope you get it figured out.

Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek_of_Canada is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ya either put another plate upside down on top or heat it in a tupperware container so it keeps all the moisture in that container while heating

jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    Usually cut up. I store it in a tupperware type of container. I think the temperature difference might effect it. Instead of letting it cool down out of the oven, I throw it right ito the fridge. Don't know if this makes a difference or not. Sometimes before lunch, I bring my tupperware out and let it sit at room temp for an hour or so then microwave, this seems to help.

I seen something on the net today about brining?
    Soak your chicken in a bag of water and salt (before you cook obviously) so it helps to draw moisture into the chicken, but have to wipe off the chicken prior to cooking or it will be too salty. I will try this also and maybe it won't be so dry after I nuke it. I'll find out.

I just thought of something else but it might sound kind of crazy.
    I do microwave it in the tupperware container but I have always cracked the lid open a bit. Kinda like how you open the end of the wrapper on a food you are nuking. Pressure reasons???
    How about if I (sounds strange) before I nuke it I take a spray bottle full of water and mist the tupperware container and chicken then put the lid back on tight. Then microwave. Wouldn't this create like a steaming type of situation? Maybe it would come out really moist and soft.

Who knows, let me know what you think.

AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AppleCat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've never heard of 'brining.' I'll have to try it if I begin to save chicken sometime soon. Let me know how it turns out.

On a side note, last week I cut about 2 lbs of chicken right after grilling and threw it into separate tuperwares and it stayed moist after reheating. I think if it sits out, it might lose some moisture? I'm not trying to influence your diet, but like I said, for me it works well storing it with rice. Seems to keep nice and wet.

Again, let me know how the brining works out! Good luck.

Jc,

I like your idea of putting a little water on there to 'steam' it. I wouldnt be scared of putting a tiny amount of water in there with your chicken. Not much at all, just to get a little moisture in there?

Just saw your note about putting the lid on tight. I dont know if that is safe? I think you have to have a way for that air to escape, otherwise you'll build some pressure up.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, you do have to vent the lid of the container. But if you spray water in there, and then vent the lid, it should dry out the water, and not the chicken.

If I am using a plate, and not a tupperware, I just put a piece of wax paper over my plate and tuck the edges under.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Thanks for the replies. I will try some of these things and let you know how it turns out.
    Time to put on my Mr. Wizard (remember him) cap on and figure some things out. Thanks again.

Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slavac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the replies. I will try some of these things and let you know how it turns out.
    Time to put on my Mr. Wizard (remember him) cap on and figure some things out. Thanks again.
    These fellas are making things a bit too hard.

Put the chicken on a plate. Sprinkle lightly with water. Cover with a paper towel and heat.

It WILL be moist every time.

IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Yes, you do have to vent the lid of the container. But if you spray water in there, and then vent the lid, it should dry out the water, and not the chicken.

If I am using a plate, and not a tupperware, I just put a piece of wax paper over my plate and tuck the edges under.
    wax paper works pretty good-
    freed from desire. mind and senses purified.

westler91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Usually cut up. I store it in a tupperware type of container. I think the temperature difference might effect it. Instead of letting it cool down out of the oven, I throw it right ito the fridge. Don't know if this makes a difference or not. Sometimes before lunch, I bring my tupperware out and let it sit at room temp for an hour or so then microwave, this seems to help.

I seen something on the net today about brining?
    Soak your chicken in a bag of water and salt (before you cook obviously) so it helps to draw moisture into the chicken, but have to wipe off the chicken prior to cooking or it will be too salty. I will try this also and maybe it won't be so dry after I nuke it. I'll find out.

It doesnt quite work like that...well in a way. Wiping the chicken off really wont lower the salt content of the chicken. You just have to make sure your brine isnt super salty to begin with. Some meats take to brining really well and have a lot of room for beginners error (ie beef) then some can be ruined easily (ie chicken). Make sure you start a brine in cold water so that you can actually taste the salt content....

Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oddball8945 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you could try placeing the breast in a bowl add a little water and extra spices and cover with a microwaveable scran wrap and microwave it, itd probally stay moist
    Deport ALL Illegal Aliens

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile Yeah, that would work . . .

I just thought of something else but it might sound kind of crazy.
    I do microwave it in the tupperware container but I have always cracked the lid open a bit. Kinda like how you open the end of the wrapper on a food you are nuking. Pressure reasons???
    How about if I (sounds strange) before I nuke it I take a spray bottle full of water and mist the tupperware container and chicken then put the lid back on tight. Then microwave. Wouldn't this create like a steaming type of situation? Maybe it would come out really moist and soft.

Who knows, let me know what you think.
    Various ideas about "steaming" leftovers 2 reheat em in the microwave will all be good. Stuff dries out in the fridge, that's why it's always too dry if u just heat it.

Add some moisture & then mostly (but not entirely) seal it up w/ another plate, plastic wrap, whatever so the food will b blanketed w/ steam.

Another way is 2 put it in a ziplock bag w/ a couple tablespoons water & 90% seal it b4 nuking.

EDIT: Reheating leftovers in a rice cooker or food steamer is also good.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.