Jerseyguy123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest fat or gynecomastia?

Hi guys ..I am a 22 yr old guy and I actually started working out when I started college..when I was around 19 I started getting a larger chest which projected outwards..at first I thought it is muscle but it is a bit pointy and puffy..also when I press on the chest I can feel hard tissue underneath...that's when I came across gynecomastia while looking through the Internet..so I am not sure wether I have gyno, chest fat, or some problems with chest muscle..I have included pictures with this post if anyone can guide me that would be great..oh and I am 5 ft 9 inches tall and about 158lbs weight.

Thanks
    Attached Images

MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MolotovMan1263 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jerseyguy123 View Post
    Hi guys ..I am a 22 yr old guy and I actually started working out when I started college..when I was around 19 I started getting a larger chest which projected outwards..at first I thought it is muscle but it is a bit pointy and puffy..also when I press on the chest I can feel hard tissue underneath...that's when I came across gynecomastia while looking through the Internet..so I am not sure wether I have gyno, chest fat, or some problems with chest muscle..I have included pictures with this post if anyone can guide me that would be great..oh and I am 5 ft 9 inches tall and about 158lbs weight.

Thanks
    99.98% sure its chest fat

Originally Posted by MolotovMan1263 View Post
    99.98% sure its chest fat
    Hi thanks..so the lump beneath it might actually be muscle tissue?

Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That is fat
    /endthread

ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Faust24 View Post
    That is fat
    /endthread
    You're right.

You can actually feel gyno behind your nipple.. Like it feels as though something hard is there.
    "Life is not fair, there always will be people that never worked as hard as you but ended up better. But who promised fairness?"

Bench:240
    Squat:270
    Dead:320

JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JohnRainbo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's with all the threads asking about gyno lately? It's as if, unless you have inverted nipples, people aren't satisfied. Op, no gyno what so ever.... and if that actually wa s gyno, do you think people would be so worried about it?

Look up gyno on the internet, and then laugh to yourself for being perfectly normal. You're fine.
    "You can always be thinner... look better"
    Patrick Bateman

GarryD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey there Jerseyguy

It's pretty rare for a guy to get gynecomastia at 19. It's more common at puberty and old age (though puberty happens later in vegetarian kids - are you vegetarian? When did you stop having a girls voice?). Looking at your pictures, there's nothing glaringly obvious that tells me you have gynecomastia. It's impossible to tell without an examination though, what do these lumps feel like? Are they disc-like lumps behind your nipples? If they are disc-like, then they're probably breast glands, and whether or not you have 'gynecomastia' would depend on how large they are. It's natural for men to have breast glands, and in gynecomastia they're just larger than usual thas all.

In your case though, your nipples don't look puffy and there's not enough chest protrusion, so it's most likely just a case of excess chest fat. Reduce that body fat count, grow some muscle and I doubt you'll have anything to worry about. Heck, no one in their right mind would look at you NOW and say you have gyno/man boobs.

If you're worried though, go see your doctor and get it checked out. Just to be on the safe side
    Last edited by GarryD; 03-24-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Hey,

Yeah I am vegetarian..I am 22 now I noticed the enlarged breast/chest area when I was about 18-19 and the thing was I actually didnt notice it before I started working out.. That's why I was confused wether its breast or chest muscle shape that is projecting outwards...also when I press on the nipple itself..it feels really soft but the area around it or the remaining chest basically u can feel hard tissue with a short layer of soft tissue on it ..perhaps just fat going by what everyone on this forum is saying....maybe I can try loosing weight and seeing if it brings any changes..although I have been going to the gym since the past 2-3 days for cardio and have noticed a slightly flatter contour of the chest..prolly 2-4% flatter than before but the nipple is still pointy and puffy...

Thanks everyone for the replies though

Originally Posted by GarryD View Post
    Hey there Jerseyguy

It's pretty rare for a guy to get gynecomastia at 19. It's more common at puberty and old age (though puberty happens later in vegetarian kids - are you vegetarian? When did you stop having a girls voice?). Looking at your pictures, there's nothing glaringly obvious that tells me you have gynecomastia. It's impossible to tell without an examination though, what do these lumps feel like? Are they disc-like lumps behind your nipples? If they are disc-like, then they're probably breast glands, and whether or not you have 'gynecomastia' would depend on how large they are. It's natural for men to have breast glands, and in gynecomastia they're just larger than usual thas all.

In your case though, your nipples don't look puffy and there's not enough chest protrusion, so it's most likely just a case of excess chest fat. Reduce that body fat count, grow some muscle and I doubt you'll have anything to worry about. Heck, no one in their right mind would look at you NOW and say you have gyno/man boobs.

If you're worried though, go see your doctor and get it checked out. Just to be on the safe side

pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) pshopmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This forum is like one of those shady Mexican clinics in Tijuana...you get diagnosed however you want. If it were to be believed, 80% of the population either has gyno or pectus excavatum.