NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Anyone read the 70s big ebooks on The Texas Method?

It kinda interests me, the way he says it can be so easily adapted to your goals. That's much of what attracted me to 5/3/1. I may not necessarily use this program, but if I don't, then that's fine. I'm just trying to expand my knowledge on programming, as I hope to be a S&C coach in the future. So has anyone read either part 1 or part 2 of the ebooks?
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

"If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." - Epicurus

PRs
    500/405/615

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159250211

HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10) HBfan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think they are useful.
    622/297/518 competition lifts

Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blitzk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've read part 1 and it was pretty informative from a general training perspective. It covers changes in volume and intensity mostly, where I believe the 2nd book is specific towards how to tailor the program for powerlifting.

Also having done TM for a while, it's basically just a volume, intensity and light day, everything else is up to what goals you need to address.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145110511 - Training Log

xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Personally I don't think you should purchase a book just to learn a program. Especially since there is a TON of information online for free and the program is very simple.
    trying to get strong again

training log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178444371&p=1605861201#post1605861201

For uneventful videos of me lifting
    https://www.instagram.com/jawn.mcintyre/

NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xRequiem View Post
    Personally I don't think you should purchase a book just to learn a program. Especially since there is a TON of information online for free and the program is very simple.
    Well, I agree with you on that since I know there is plenty of literature out there on the program as it is. But in the book he's supposed to go into detail on how to adapt it for an advanced lifter and how to use it in different situations where goals are changed. That's what interests me.

For some reason when I woke up and checked this topic I couldn't see the posts before the one I quoted above.

Originally Posted by Blitzk View Post
    I've read part 1 and it was pretty informative from a general training perspective. It covers changes in volume and intensity mostly, where I believe the 2nd book is specific towards how to tailor the program for powerlifting.

Also having done TM for a while, it's basically just a volume, intensity and light day, everything else is up to what goals you need to address.
    I was hoping he'd address how to use it for different sports other than powerlifting :/
    Last edited by NewbieX2; 07-24-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

"If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." - Epicurus

PRs
    500/405/615

justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    $30 each for the books seems way too steep to me. From what i've heard the info in the first book can almost all be found from diligent searching around the internet, including the stuff about how to adjust the program once it stalls (tweaking volume and intensity, basically). The second book might be worth it as it's how to do a more "advanced" version, and the 70s big guys took their squats/deads into the 5-600s with that.

Originally Posted by NewbieX2 View Post
    I was hoping he'd address how to use it for different sports other than powerlifting :/
    IMO TM just doesn't seem like a plausible program for other sports besides Powerlifting or Strongman. Lascek himself said he couldn't even use it for O-lifting. The demands of the program are so high its difficult to fit proper conditioning in anywhere. I could see it as a viable off season strength training program, but the conditioning aspect and sheer amount of time it takes to complete (and then recover from) the volume workout would make it difficult to get in any sports specific practice.
    "I'm just a lat guy, you know? I've got these amazing lats, and I'm just living in an ab guy's world." -Workaholics

xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pendlay said he trained his guys using TM for Oly. Not sure how he adjusted it though.

training log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178444371&p=1605861201#post1605861201

Originally Posted by justroberson View Post
    $30 each for the books seems way too steep to me. From what i've heard the info in the first book can almost all be found from diligent searching around the internet, including the stuff about how to adjust the program once it stalls (tweaking volume and intensity, basically). The second book might be worth it as it's how to do a more "advanced" version, and the 70s big guys took their squats/deads into the 5-600s with that.

IMO TM just doesn't seem like a plausible program for other sports besides Powerlifting or Strongman. Lascek himself said he couldn't even use it for O-lifting. The demands of the program are so high its difficult to fit proper conditioning in anywhere. I could see it as a viable off season strength training program, but the conditioning aspect and sheer amount of time it takes to complete (and then recover from) the volume workout would make it difficult to get in any sports specific practice.
    Yeah, if I got into it I'd only use it as an offseason routine. I may not even keep up with athletics after this next year or two, so I might need a routine to focus on. This post is making me a bit more interested in the book. I'd only be getting the second one, then.
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

PRs
    500/405/615

thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IIRC, this is the general template of the Texas Method right?

Day 1-Volume day

Squat 5x5 sets across

Bench Press 5x5 sets across

some kind of lat work for 3 sets

Day 2-Recovery day

Deadlift 1x5

Overhead Press 3x5

some kind of upper back work for 3 sets

Day 3-Intensity Day

Squat 1x5

Bench Press 1x5

Some kind of Lat work

This is the general template right?

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thesecondrei View Post
    IIRC, this is the general template of the Texas Method right?

Day 1-Volume day

Squat 5x5 sets across

Bench Press 5x5 sets across

some kind of lat work for 3 sets

Day 2-Recovery day

Deadlift 1x5

Overhead Press 3x5

some kind of upper back work for 3 sets

Day 3-Intensity Day

Squat 1x5

Bench Press 1x5

Some kind of Lat work

This is the general template right?
    You have taken some liberties there, the biggest point to make would be that deadlift would be on Monday or Friday.

Originally Posted by Heavy_Beats View Post
    You have taken some liberties there, the biggest point to make would be that deadlift would be on Monday or Friday.
    I've been doing DL on Recovery day aswell.

http://www.bodybuilding.net/powerlif...html#post37307 - good write up

training log