Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)

Rogue Westside Power Bar

Just recently got Rogue Westside Power Bar just wanted to share some initial impressions.
    Bar spec:
    Diameter - 29mm
    Tensile Strength - 185K
    Sleeve Design - Snap Ring
    Bushing/Bearing - Bushing
    Weight - spec calls for 20kg but two bars I weighted was 45.6 lb
    Finish - bright zinc plating, shaft has additional coat of black zinc on the top.

Bar is very similar in construction to Pendlay HD Nexgen. Sleeves construction is virtually identical, but I am pretty sure only Pendlay use single machined piece design when Rogue is using pressed on sleeves. Sleeves spin about the same as well.

Knurling is on aggressive side, but at the same time quite comfortable and I doubt anyone will find it objectionable sharp for high rep work. So far I haven't incured any ripped calluses or noticed any extra roughening on my hands. It just sticks to hands w/o causing any discomfort. I was even able to do a couple of power cleans without any skin scuffing, wouldn't recommend doing this on regular basis though.

I had two bars in my possession (more on that later) and both were straight as an arrow.

The bar is stiff, perhaps as stiff as 32mm Hampton. With 400lb lifts there is no flex, play, or oscillation. The bar feels "dead" for the lack of the better word, opposite to Pendlay that comes alive during explosive movements. So it is as "powerlifting" as powerlifting could be.

Knurling markings seem to be inline with IPF spec, with wide enough unknurled section to clear shins on pulls from the floor.

The build quality is top notch with one caveat. The black zinc finish that Rogue applies on the top of the bright zinc is really not up to rest of the bar. My first bar had some serious brown spots, to Rogue credit their customer service was exceptional, they shipped me new bar the same day I emailed them about the issue, and inspected it before shipping. The second was better but still not perfect, Rogues CS said that this is the best they have in their warehouse and they currently are having issues with their black zinc plater. Anyhow, they offered me either return the bar for a full refund or some store credit. As black zinc is perishable finish and over time will be worn out anyway I just settled on what I have.

Click on thumbnails for larger images
    Top to the bottom
    - Westside Power Bar (29mm)
    - Pendlay HD Nexgen Bushing Bar (28.4mm)
    - Hampton (IB-86-15CE) (32mm)

Knurling comparison (Rogue Westside, Pendlay HD, Hampton)

Westside Power Bar and to Pendlay HD (you can see how similar the construction is)

Pendlay has bigger ribs

Knurling close ups

For a reference this thread has some close ups of Texas Power Bar knurling
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post957404973
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 10-13-2012 at 03:16 PM.

f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great review! I am going to pick one of these bars up eventually, probably the economy version though. Only difference is sleeve construction, and my TPB is the same construction as the economy bar and spins great.

Enjoy the bar! I'd be interested to see some videos of it in action with 400+ loads and some decent bar speed to see the whip or lack thereof. Sounds too good to be true! Haha...
    BW: 247
    Squat: 550
    Deadlift: 601
    Bench: 381 w/pause
    Press: 275
    Front Squat: 405

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you've got some really nice bars. great review and comparisons with your other bars.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great review Andrew, I've admired this bar from a distance for some time. Thanks for taking the time to post it up.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()