endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any benefit to working out just before bed?

I tend to work out, have my whey shake, and then about an hour later or so take my casein and then fall asleep. All in all, about 1 1/2 hours after working out, I am usually asleep. I know the obvious drawback to this would be that if I'm working out right before I go to sleep you would think I'm tired and not fully focused during the workout. However, it is quite the opposite. It just seems to work well for me. Anyway, I have seen some great gains doing it this way...especially in my bench. In about 2 months I went from a 1 rep max of 150 to 210 at a bodyweight of 150lbs. I'm starting to think there may be some benefit to sleeping right after the repairing begins on your muscles. Coupled with a casein shake, it just seems to me that this may be beneficial. After all, your body does most of it's repairing during sleep. Why not start this at the most crucial moment? Any thoughts?

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Idk if there are any benefits, but when you eat something right before going to sleep, you're stomach doesn't digest it as quickly or something like that

endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endezeichen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    Idk if there are any benefits, but when you eat something right before going to sleep, you're stomach doesn't digest it as quickly or something like that
    Correct, but that is point of casein anyway.

usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) usfbullsfan100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i dont think so, i have never heard anything that says if u workout at a certain time, it helps you more, all i know if the casein that you take before bed you body feeds off of that a night instead of feeding of your muscles/fat
    "Live and Fly Standards High Delta Chi Till I Die"

"Your not alive unless your living."

"When you want to succeed as bad you want to breathe, then you'll be successful."

"The Whole ****ing Nine Yards!"

★★★USF MISC CREW★★★

TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by endezeichen View Post
    I tend to work out, have my whey shake, and then about an hour later or so take my casein and then fall asleep. All in all, about 1 1/2 hours after working out, I am usually asleep. I know the obvious drawback to this would be that if I'm working out right before I go to sleep you would think I'm tired and not fully focused during the workout. However, it is quite the opposite. It just seems to work well for me. Anyway, I have seen some great gains doing it this way...especially in my bench. In about 2 months I went from a 1 rep max of 150 to 210 at a bodyweight of 150lbs. I'm starting to think there may be some benefit to sleeping right after the repairing begins on your muscles. Coupled with a casein shake, it just seems to me that this may be beneficial. After all, your body does most of it's repairing during sleep. Why not start this at the most crucial moment? Any thoughts?
    if it works for you, keep doing it. everybody's body responds differently. Most people find it hard to workout right before sleep because working out can be energizing, gets the blood flowing and the heart rate up, so it it difficult to fall asleep but if you can sleep no problem... power to yah!
    Gettin' Huge, End of Story.

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    let me offer you this idea.... instead of drinking whey, waiting an hour then drinking casein.... just come home, eat a good meal, take shower, go to bed. A good meal is ALWAYS better than a supplement (hence the word "supplement")

Squat or remove thy self caerus13's Avatar
    caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    As long as you're getting in there and giving 100%, you'll be fine. My personal preference is to work out in the morning and then 'fuel back up' the rest of the day. So do what works for you, just get in there and work.

hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hulk26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually working out in the afternoon like around 5-7ish is most recommended. Because your body temperature is usually at its peak around then, so you would be burning more fat when you work out. I got this information from a health book but I do no remember exactly which one it was.
    But I do the same, sense I get off of work our 5 and hit the gym at 6 and don't get out till 7 or later. So I make a smoothie with my Whey and Casien and sometime my Amino Acids but I heard that you do not want to consume Amino Acids before you go to bed.

Originally Posted by james0566 View Post
    let me offer you this idea.... instead of drinking whey, waiting an hour then drinking casein.... just come home, eat a good meal, take shower, go to bed. A good meal is ALWAYS better than a supplement (hence the word "supplement")
    Thanks for all the replies. Yea, I forgot to mention that I always consume a relatively low carb meal prior to working out. Pseudoscience..probably, but I've done some research into carbs-muscle glycogen-insulin, and how much you need (or don't need). It's still in the experimental stage but if anyone is interested in some links I can see what I can find.

Originally Posted by hulk26 View Post
    Actually working out in the afternoon like around 5-7ish is most recommended. Because your body temperature is usually at its peak around then, so you would be burning more fat when you work out. I got this information from a health book but I do no remember exactly which one it was.
    But I do the same, sense I get off of work our 5 and hit the gym at 6 and don't get out till 7 or later. So I make a smoothie with my Whey and Casien and sometime my Amino Acids but I heard that you do not want to consume Amino Acids before you go to bed.
    Never knew that about Amino Acids...any idea why?

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hulk26 View Post
    Get out of here with your broscience

Super Saiyan Genetics genetics 83's Avatar
    genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If anything, working out right before bed is bad for you. You are tired and cant give it your all.
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ CVC ██ █ ★ █ ██
    US Army '04-07 OIF III
    Saiyan Crew
    F-Body Crew
    Texas Crew
    Over 30 crew

TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) TonyMuscoli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by genetics83 View Post
    If anything, working out right before bed is bad for you. You are tired and cant give it your all.
    working out can't be bad for you. Taking only 1 scoop instead of 2 can be lame of you though.
    Gettin' Huge, End of Story.

atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10) atmosfearone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It might be totally false, but I read somewhere (can't remember where) that working out in the morning helps jump start your body's metabolism and after your early workout it helps in burning more calories throughout your day. If you workout at night before bed then you let your muscles recover without burning as many calories since you're sleeping and not walking around/doing daily activities. Don't know if there's any truth to this at all, but this is what I read.

I think the point of the article was saying that people with a hard time gaining weight would benefit more from evening workouts and people looking to lose more weight would benefit more from morning workouts. I'll try to find the article and post it, but like everyone else has said. If it's working then keep doing it.

I started doing early morning workouts but I changed to late ones now because of school/work and I'm seeing better results too!