dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

HIIT/LISS frequency-looking for a starting point

I will be doing HIIT cardio for the first time to get ready for my next show. Ive been doing over the last few weeks and feel I have a good handle on the work outs. I am looking for starting point and how to mix in LISS cardio. 16 weeks out and my plan is 3x a week HIIT and 1 day a week LISS to start and then evaluate in a few weeks. How does this sound?

stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as it keeps you losing 1-2 lbs per week and you are on track it seems fine. You can always play around with things as well. 2 HIIT/2 LISS, 2 HIIT/1 MISS/1 LISS, etc...

musclesman12212 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclesman12212 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclesman12212 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclesman12212 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclesman12212 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) musclesman12212 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dtraylor View Post
    I will be doing HIIT cardio for the first time to get ready for my next show. Ive been doing over the last few weeks and feel I have a good handle on the work outs. I am looking for starting point and how to mix in LISS cardio. 16 weeks out and my plan is 3x a week HIIT and 1 day a week LISS to start and then evaluate in a few weeks. How does this sound?
    HELLO [MORNING] dtraylor //best big dEal\\ n.o.ow on __=BIG DICK PILLS=__
    ...............now GROW d i c k 7" in ::2 WEEKS TIME:: [[sexual p'l'e'a's'e'u'r'e GF or WIFE]] ,,CHEARP and APPROVAL,, by ==DICK DOCTOR==
    C.L.I.C.K N.O.W.

Eating all the gains Shredthetics's Avatar
    Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You don't need cardio for your show, diet can get you there alone.
    But if you enjoy cardio(like myself) do it whenever and adjust your diet accordingly.

I'm personally doing LISS 6 days a week(post workout) 7 weeks out of my prep.. making sure to burn 150-200 calories each session.
    I'll be switching to HIIT at the same frequency as I feel it has somewhat of an "Afterburn" effect with burning calories.

Doing HIIT too often will hinder your recovery though.
    IG: @West_Whey
    8 years in.

Contest History:
    -2013 Muscle GC Classic

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Honestly, that seems like too much cardio to start. I always recommend the minimum and then slowly increase it from their as weight loss stalls

I would say 1 HIIT and 2 MISS per week to start. Remember you have 16 weeks to continually ramp up cardio (and cut calories) as needed.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    id go 2 xhiit

2x 20 min liss

lose 1lb a week when you stall take some carbs or fat out like 15-25gs next time add in 10 mins each cardio session ect.....
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HIIT every second day and MIIS/LIIS in the days between for me.

Seems to be working at the moment! I might drop a day of cardio if it starts effecting lifts though.
    lófasz

dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtraylor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks All may pull back to 2 HIIT and 2 LISS 20-30 min after training for the first 4 weeks and see where Im at.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Seems like a little much, OP. No need to shoot all your bullets in the first week. Maybe just start off with 2 HIIT and 1 MISS?

Originally Posted by Shredthetics View Post
    Doing HIIT too often will hinder your recovery though.
    Timing it correctly can help. I never do HIIT before a leg day for that exact reason.