Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    watched all these as they popped up on my youtube feed and have loved every one of them... quality info Berto. question: suppose you never were in contest shape, how would you suggest gauging how big to get in the offseason?
    I would totally just apply those figures to your lowest bodyweights achieved during your last diet Same concept different anchor

Originally Posted by tenacious707 View Post
    That deadlift squats cheesecake shirt. Where can I get that. Will buy a few ASAP. Awesome videos as always. Thanks for kicking knowledge Berto!
    Thank you! Eric from FL sent me that shirt

Originally Posted by thomascardno View Post
    awesome videos, you inspire me to stay natural! thanks berto
    That was the goal

Originally Posted by devinh View Post
    heck, the staying natural thing still becomes a question in my head on occasion. most recently when i tore my erector spinae (retore it a few weeks ago by the way), i posed the question to myself, what would help me recover faster? of course it was only a brief thought that was dismissed almost as quickly as it came about, but for some, those thoughts come back every once in a while. i was really close at one point, maybe 5 years ago. for me health reasons make it a lot easier to say no. since i already have an enlarged heart, i think it's safe to say, i wouldn't be around too long if i joined our brothers on the other side of teh game. looks and sounds fun and appealing at times, but it's just not for me.
    i do like to hear people admit they've been very tempted, or very close to doing it, because it is not an easy decision for most people. some younger guys may think about it quite a bit, they should understand that's completely normal, and not an easy decision a lot of the time.
    Personally I really wish more guys would talk about this. I think many of us have some sort of commonality there

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    Hey Berto, what other rows are you using other than cable and db? It seems like you aren't doing BB rows anymore? Is that to save your lower back for the squatting/deads or do you simply feel a better contraction with dbs and cables?
    I am rowing with a BB but its off the floor or boxes, don't really BB row anymore

Originally Posted by legbrah View Post
    berto can you give me the ingredients so i can make your all-natural diuretic potion?
    Pm me bro,

many thanks
    hahaha Black licorice...Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Originally Posted by Heracles26 View Post
    this! i want that shirt!
    Comes in other colors to
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rest Pause Sets

Good Reads

New Series on NOT GETTING FAT when you are looking to gain muscle

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    been following these on youtube, really loving them! they are covering a lot of topics that even the most seasoned bodybuilders can benefit from!
    Thank you! I figured I could reach more people this way. The days of waiting for quarterly magazine publications is over

MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000) MKW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Alberto, I'm loving the lean gains series. I was going to ask this on the actual YouTube page when I saw it on my feed earlier today but I figure your log has a better chance of getting seen. One question I had with the cardio video is LISS vs. HIIT. Were you speaking about LISS throughout or just cardio in general?
    "Making my own luck" towards a 1000 pound total:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117767701&p=981675523&viewfull=1#post981675523

Currently rebuilding on 5/3/1.

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So you are Pendaly rowing now instead of Yates row? Also would you prefer we comment/like etc on your youtube page vs this?
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Heracles26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post

Thank you! Eric from FL sent me that shirt

Comes in other colors to
    but where can i buy one??
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

**PhD in Broscience**

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) h4xk0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Berto.. Love the lean gains series on YT! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us! I'm off season now and will be applying what I've learned from your teachings (not just this series) . Looking forward to next video.
    my blog: http://missionsuperbody.blogspot.com/
    My workout log: ->http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139180333&p=976686193#post976686193<- hopefully this year I'll post more here ;).

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by devinh View Post
    heck, the staying natural thing still becomes a question in my head on occasion. most recently when i tore my erector spinae (retore it a few weeks ago by the way), i posed the question to myself, what would help me recover faster? of course it was only a brief thought that was dismissed almost as quickly as it came about, but for some, those thoughts come back every once in a while. i was really close at one point, maybe 5 years ago. for me health reasons make it a lot easier to say no. since i already have an enlarged heart, i think it's safe to say, i wouldn't be around too long if i joined our brothers on the other side of teh game. looks and sounds fun and appealing at times, but it's just not for me.
    i do like to hear people admit they've been very tempted, or very close to doing it, because it is not an easy decision for most people. some younger guys may think about it quite a bit, they should understand that's completely normal, and not an easy decision a lot of the time.

Health first and foremost. If a person can do things starting off healthy and know they will commit to getting very frequent check ups then maybe. I also think once you can say you want to do it for your progression, to push past levels, and to grow for YOU. I think a lot of school children choose to do a 3- week dbol dosage because a dealer sold them 100 tablets for 150$ and ripped them off. I think guys in this situation buy it to be big to impress, a lot buy it to follow friends who are getting big in the weight room.

One thing I would like to discuss is natural bodybuilders who follow natural bodybuilding because obviously it is becoming huge in its own fashion, and growing vastly each year. I think a lot debae to stay natural because others improve naturally certain ways, and they want to follow the group as well. I think choosing between the two is not up to morals but in the end when you can make a choice on what you want to do, because of what YOU want to do....Not because of what everybody else is doing.

Besides the fact that it is illegel, many of our idols were and are on them. I love meeting all athletes, bodybuilders (IFBB, WNBF, IFPA,etc..) I don't like going to talk to Layne anymore than I do Jay Cutler based on there supplement status. Some might, but that is there own issues with the game. I personally am all for both playing fields. The reason I have not is because I have always felt if I chose to do anabolic supplements then it would be to follow someone around me. I compete naturally for a level playing field, but not because I choose to live as a natural bodybuilder or to follow somebody, I just do it because I am natural, and it's fair.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottishMark is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The videos series is excellent. Very similar to my approach at the moment but it's always encouraging to hear someone with more experience and knowledge back up what I thought in the first instance.
    03.02.11 - 164.6lbs
    07.02.11 - 162.4lbs (strong illness)
    14.02.11 - 166.6 (strong weight gain - start of mini cut)
    21.02.11 - 164.6
    03.03.11 - 163.8
    08.03.11 - 163.8 (backed off the cardio a little)

More SPAM!

Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Alberto, I'm loving the lean gains series. I was going to ask this on the actual YouTube page when I saw it on my feed earlier today but I figure your log has a better chance of getting seen. One question I had with the cardio video is LISS vs. HIIT. Were you speaking about LISS throughout or just cardio in general?
    Personally I am a fan of LISS if that is all you require, or nor cardio for some folks. So in this order....

1)No cardio(l1 in 50 people)
    2)LISS/MISS
    3)HIIT(Great if you get behind)

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    So you are Pendaly rowing now instead of Yates row? Also would you prefer we comment/like etc on your youtube page vs this?
    On youtube I only comment on the the questions that are voted up, but here I give folks credit for being resourceful. So on here

When BB rowing, yeah only Pendlay Rows, for now of course.

Originally Posted by Heracles26 View Post
    but where can i buy one??
    Beats me it was a gift

Originally Posted by h4xk0 View Post
    Hey Berto.. Love the lean gains series on YT! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us! I'm off season now and will be applying what I've learned from your teachings (not just this series) . Looking forward to next video.
    Thank you dude! I have found this to be a great way to reach people out there

Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post

One thing I would like to discuss is natural bodybuilders who follow natural bodybuilding because obviously it is becoming huge in its own fashion, and growing vastly each year. I think a lot debae to stay natural because others improve naturally certain ways, and they want to follow the group as well. I think choosing between the two is not up to morals but in the end when you can make a choice on what you want to do, because of what YOU want to do....Not because of what everybody else is doing.
    I think this is my point of view on many of the current issues in this country...Not even issues. Social liberal for sure, so I really agree that you should do whatever makes you feel content. I think following this motto has been one the key choices to helping me maintain a happier state of mind than most. Everything I do, and commit to is there because I chose it. I can see the benefits of choosing the other route, and crap it sounds like fun...but a the end I don't think ti would make me the happiest, or make me feel the most complete.

Originally Posted by ScottishMark View Post
    The videos series is excellent. Very similar to my approach at the moment but it's always encouraging to hear someone with more experience and knowledge back up what I thought in the first instance.
    Awesome dude! From the looks of it the question and answer portion should be awesome to. Good questions were posted on there.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You eat sweet potatoes on your 600g of carbs a day
    Great video's Alberto, always learning from a great 3dmj coach. Keep doing your thing!

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agreed with Bob! Great videos! Thanks for spending the time to teach!
    advertising not permitted

tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BERTO

wanted to ask what your thoughts on doug millers book are? if you've seen/read it at all
    and i've just purchased supertraining thanks to your persuasion :P

any other recommended reads on training/nutrition (other than periodization by tudor o bampa)
    100% natural bodybuilding

My Online Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151749233

⫸ AUT Certified Personal Trainer
    ⫸ AUT Sports Performance Nutrition paper completion

⟡ ******** - /tomcardno1
    ⟡ Instagram - @tomcardno1
    ⟡ Twitter - @tomcardno1

tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomcardno1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    where are you man??? need your feedback

My Online Journal:

⟡ ******** - /tomcardno1
    ⟡ Twitter - @tomcardno1

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    You eat sweet potatoes on your 600g of carbs a day
    Great video's Alberto, always learning from a great 3dmj coach. Keep doing your thing!
    Its an acquired taste as they say

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Agreed with Bob! Great videos! Thanks for spending the time to teach!
    Thank you dude...need to get back to logging

Originally Posted by tomcardno1 View Post
    BERTO

wanted to ask what your thoughts on doug millers book are? if you've seen/read it at all
    and i've just purchased supertraining thanks to your persuasion :P

any other recommended reads on training/nutrition (other than periodization by tudor o bampa)
    I have not read it so I can't comment. Are you finished with ST? What was your favorite topic?

bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm taking some credit for his glorious return.

Are you finished with ST? What was your favorite topic?
    i will never be finished with ST haha it is now my bible/encyclopedia.... but in all seriousness doug's book is a very informative read, keeps it simple but just enough detail for us wanna-know guys

My Online Journal:

⟡ ******** - /tomcardno1
    ⟡ Twitter - @tomcardno1

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like the post with the serease of vid's. ^5
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by bigryan03 View Post
    I'm taking some credit for his glorious return.
    Look I am logging a workout!

B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Look I am logging a workout!

[youtube]Ca7xP04RHWY&lc[youtube]
    are you new to these boards?
    Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113026551

"If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view"

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Making it look easy Berto.. How much you weighing now n days? Looking thick in the video update.

Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    are you new to these boards?
    Yep...came from the X-fit boards

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Making it look easy Berto.. How much you weighing now n days? Looking thick in the video update.
    Heh thick...I wish...182-184

Some Updates

Tips for those lateral raises

This months first two vids from the Q&A series

And yes I still lift

bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigryan03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOVING the vids, Bertron! Your gym set-up is freaking epic man.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Merry Christmas Berto!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRemix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The gaining video series is great. I just started a "gaining phase" (at 12%) and the plan was a 3lb gain per month (first year lifter) before seeing your video. Good to hear I was on the right track.

I have a few questions about mini cuts (a 3dmj article I read discussed them a bit: http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/2010-05qa.php)

1. How many pounds per week should someone lose on one - so that they drop more fat quick (more than say a standard longer cut of 1.5lb loss per week) and how do you avoid muscle loss on such a low caloric cut (even if it's only 2-3 weeks)?

2. What's the difference between a mini cut and something like Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss diet where he has trainees losing 3lbs+ per week for 2 weeks?

I'd like to know more about how a natural trainee should ideally do a mini cut (protein amount/how to prevent muscle loss/macros/amount of the caloric deficit). Like how do you go about your mini cuts in the off season?
    Last edited by JRemix; 12-27-2012 at 07:54 PM.

PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PaBloS94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Merry Christmas Berto!

lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hello there, mentor.

Happy Holidays.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Top notch videos as always Berto! Happy Holidays!
    advertising not permitted