insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10) insaneepain is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Can you mix Creatine and Whey Protein at the same time as a post workout drink?

I'm 15 and I take O.N. 100% Gold Standard Whey with fat free milk after i work out.

I just bought a tub of O.N. Micronized Creatine Powder and i was wondering if i could throw that in with my whey shake ?

I read that you cannot take creatine with milk, so i was thinking of mixing the creatine and whey powder with water..

But then I also read that creatine is best taken with juice and preferably grape juice

And that you should mix creatine with grape juice immediately after a workout and drink your protein shake 25-30 mins after the creatine?

i'm really confused as to what to do and i was wondering which way works the best, or if there are any other ways i can do this as i wanna benefit from both supplements!

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes you can, but mix it with water. I toss 3-4 g's in my post workout on workout days (my PWO has 1-2 g's per serving) and take 5g's in the morning with a shake on non workout days.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's 100% fine to mix your whey and creatine together. And you can mix it with milk all you want.

Please forget most of that other broscience you've heard.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000) yaz_rulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you can take creatine with whey.. but it is best if u mix 5g of creatine in apple juice an hour before workout(if u r working out in the evening) and you can add a pinch of creatine and a dash of peanut butter with whey as ur post workout shake.. dont forget to drink lots of water!

NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NBer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    It's 100% fine to mix your whey and creatine together. And you can mix it with milk all you want.

Please forget most of that other broscience you've heard.
    This.

There is a great sticky around here about creatine but I can't find it right now...
    I start my day with oatmeal and end it with cottage cheese.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by yaz_rulz View Post
    you can take creatine with whey.. but it is best if u mix 5g of creatine in apple juice an hour before workout(if u r working out in the evening) and you can add a pinch of creatine and a dash of peanut butter with whey as ur post workout shake.. dont forget to drink lots of water!
    Originally Posted by KoHuskie View Post
    Yes you can, but mix it with water. I toss 3-4 g's in my post workout on workout days (my PWO has 1-2 g's per serving) and take 5g's in the morning with a shake on non workout days.

I don't know what these people are thinking in the bolded sections, but ignore it. They are just repeating random broscience.

You do not need to drink creatine with fruit juices. You do not need to take it pre-workout. You CAN mix it with milk. You don't need to wait 30 minutes after working out to drink a protein shake.

So much weird info people post.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler44 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know what these people are thinking in the bolded sections, but ignore it. They are just repeating random broscience.

You do not need to drink creatine with fruit juices. You do not need to take it pre-workout. You CAN mix it with milk. You don't need to wait 30 minutes after working out to drink a protein shake.

listen to shadar on this pls.
    Benes

1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

While you do not NEED to drink creatine with fruit juices, I have read that the sugar in the juices helps creatine absorption. The sugar causes an insulin spike, which helps creatine monohydrate get into the muscles better. I can imagine the insulin spike helps CEE also get into the muscles better.

This is from what I understand, sorry if I am wrong about anything.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1skinnyguy View Post
    While you do not NEED to drink creatine with fruit juices, I have read that the sugar in the juices helps creatine absorption. The sugar causes an insulin spike, which helps creatine monohydrate get into the muscles better. I can imagine the insulin spike helps CEE also get into the muscles better.

A little increase in insulin from a little juice is not going to do anything for insulin-mediated retention. It takes an insulin concentration of close to 100 mU/l to do it. You know how much dextrose that takes? About 90 grams. And once you are saturated, it's not going to do a thing.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Originally Posted by 1skinnyguy View Post

in10city covered most of this, I'll just add that CEE is a waste of money with or without fruit juice / sugar
    Latest Reviews:

1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1skinnyguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    A little increase in insulin from a little juice is not going to do anything for insulin-mediated retention. It takes an insulin concentration of close to 100 mU/l to do it. You know how much dextrose that takes? About 90 grams. And once you are saturated, it's not going to do a thing.
    Hey this helps a lot. I have been adding honey with my creatine. Good to know the honey isn't helping, i can take out some extra Cals now.

NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by insaneepain View Post

But then I also read that creatine is best taken with juice and preferably grape juice

And that you should mix creatine with grape juice immediately after a workout and drink your protein shake 25-30 mins after the creatine?
    This is the part I like. I do not take any sort of whey protein with my 1st post workout shake (right in the locker room as I finish the workout), that shake has creatine, fast acting sugars and all other post workout goodies. Then 30 or so min later I take a big whey shake with water.

I can't recall when I 1st read about not taking creatine and protein together, probably 1992ish but don't really hear or read people talking about that any more, Even if I did not have creatine in my post workout drink, I would still do the 2 shake method as I described because all of that stuff then whey in one shake would make me vomit so I split them up.
    Keto Legend

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Is it not true that protein with water is absorbed quicker than protein and milk?

If this is not true, ignore my ignorance, and thanks for the info.

NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) NY Muscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KoHuskie View Post
    Is it not true that protein with water is absorbed quicker than protein and milk?

If this is not true, ignore my ignorance, and thanks for the info.
    Hmm if it is skim milk then I see no real effect on digestion/absorption. If it is whole milk with fat then yeah it will slow it down.
    Keto Legend

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Outside of loading, the speed of digestion doesn't make a damn bit of difference. All this stress over making sure you have some carb (often high GI) with creatine is a huge waste of effort. Most people have no clue that this is really not a discussion for someone on a cut to engage in because often they can never afford the added nutritionally-empty calories involved.

As in10city stated, if your goal is to substantial augment creatine in human skeletal muscle then when you ingest it, you will need to do so in conjunction with large quantities of simple carbohydrates. In10city references a ~100 mU/l serum insulin concentration, and here is a graphical representation of how he reached that number.

This graph shows serum insulin concentration during intravenous infusion of insulin at rates of 5, 30, 55, and 105 mU • m 2 • min 1 combined with oral and nasogastric administration of creatine. Insulin infusion started at t = 0 min and oral creatine feeding at t = 60 min. The 55 and 105 mU • m 2 • min 1 infusion rates (the top two lines on the chart below) were aimed at producing physiologically high and supraphysiological serum insulin concentrations, respectively.

Now, since this only makes any real difference during a loading period, let's talk about the practical implications involved. So, if you wanted to increase the uptake of creatine and you were loading, you would be dosing at 20 grams a day, probably broken into four dosings of 5-grams each. This would mean that you would need to basically add 100 grams of simple carbs at each of those 5-gram dosings in order to reach these levels required for substantially augmenting creatine accumulation. That is a minimum of about 400 grams of simple carbs per day in addition to one’s regular dietary intake. Not many people will find that palatable or within their daily total calories/carb macronutrient targets.