Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Muphrid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How does flat bench press effect upper chest?

Is there any kind of separation like 70% lower chest and 30% upper? because when I bench I get my upper pumped also.

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it depends on your arch, grip width and anatomical make up. alot of people like decline pressing and dips, give that a shot.
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Muphrid View Post
    Is there any kind of separation like 70% lower chest and 30% upper? because when I bench I get my upper pumped also.
    It depends on the person, their grip width, where they bring the bar, and their "groove" (no 70's).

A shallow rib cage, relatively, will net you more upper pec because of the angle of pull on the chest fibers.

A more narrow grip tends to hit more upper pec due to the angle of travel of the elbows.

Lowering to the upper pecs will make the upper chest contract in a more straight line.

And if you draw the bar back toward your face, you will hit more upper pec.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    It depends on the person, their grip width, where they bring the bar, and their "groove" (no 70's).

A shallow rib cage, relatively, will net you more upper pec because of the angle of pull on the chest fibers.

A more narrow grip tends to hit more upper pec due to the angle of travel of the elbows.

Lowering to the upper pecs will make the upper chest contract in a more straight line.

we make a great team (no mention of inner/outer yet...)

markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    we make a great team (no mention of inner/outer yet...)
    Where you been? Not seen you post for ages

/no homo
    "The hardest part in lifting, is NOT to lift..." - Me

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)
    Deadlift 185kg (+25kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

Wink

Originally Posted by markyg View Post
    Where you been? Not seen you post for ages

/no homo
    BB.com is like steroids, you need to cycle on and off every so often or else you'll grow tits and lose your sex drive.

markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BB.com is like steroids, you need to cycle on and off every so often or else you'll grow tits and lose your sex drive.
    /looks down...

so THAT'S where they came from
    "The hardest part in lifting, is NOT to lift..." - Me

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)
    Deadlift 185kg (+25kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's what you said the last time you left.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    That's what you said the last time you left.
    i know... thats what a "cycle" means

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Great post
    I don't know either lol

Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, that was pretty ****ing funny.
    I REPresent back.

reps: dvv

AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

reps
    "It seems like your goal is not to help."

log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517853&p=960218773&viewfull=1#post960218773