Dime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sit ups on the bed

I notice if I do sit ups on the floor my lower back aches later on, and it's quite uncomfortable. I tried doing them on my bed, which is very firm, and I found that I can do almost twice as many and I have no pain. Does doing them on this kind of surface weaken the exercise, or can I do them anywhere?

glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Firstly, add a weight to your ab exercises and do 12-20 at the most. thats how u get a 6pac. And limit the sit ups and focus more on crunches etc.

by lower the reps you will take away the pain and dont use the bed as thats cheating!

whats ur current rep range like.

WarriorMuscles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Your lower back and abs work together as opposite muscles, so the pain in your lower back might be due to over working the front side, whiile not paying enough attention to your lower back. Also doing them on the bed greatly decreases the workout effectiveness. The bed provides a curve and allows you to do them much easier. I would advice doing some lower back exercises, as well as continueing the crunches.

Well then I guess I'll just have to get a mat. I've always just done them straight on the floor, or sometimes I'll lay a blanket on the floor. My range is 30. I'll do 2 sets of 30 sit ups, 2 sets of 30 crunches, 2 sets of 25 frog crunches, and 2 sets of 25 crunches with my legs up.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i'd thought you'd do less on your bed because the matress is so soft it'd be harder to balance yoru core.
    <->

vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    i'd thought you'd do less on your bed because the matress is so soft it'd be harder to balance yoru core.
    No, I can do much more on my bed than on the floor, I used to be doing 210 a night in bed, but that wasn't getting me anywhere...now I have an actual program

glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tell me your program. Remember the spot reduction myth dude!

Believe to achieve IronBender800's Avatar
    IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stick to weighted ab exercises and you really only need to train abs once a week. They are just like any other muscle and need heavy weights followed by rest to develop.

Originally Posted by IronBender800
    Stick to weighted ab exercises and you really only need to train abs once a week. They are just like any other muscle and need heavy weights followed by rest to develop.
    I am not sure. Most of the manuals recommend you train the abs 2-3 times per week with higher reps for endurance. But yeah of course you have to give yourself rest.

ab exercises without a weight tho = GARBAGE for the development of them. its like trying to give your biceps bulk and shape by doing sets with a weightless barbell.

I wouldn't say sit ups or crunches without weight are useless. Technically they are weighted, since your pushing your whole upper body up. You can't compare it to bicep curls with no weight because obviously your forearms and hands don't weight as much, and there isn't as much resistance.

Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxing11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i actually do this sometimes when i cant go to sleep and im laying in bed. is has to work a little because if i do a ****load i feel a pretty bad burn.

OCShaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hah, I'd just pull the covers over me and pass out if I attempted to do sit ups in my bed.

helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you should be doing crunches and not situps.

Crunches you can weigh by keeping a dumbbell over or behind your head (until it gets too heavy to hold, then look for something else).

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OCShaun View Post
    Hah, I'd just pull the covers over me and pass out if I attempted to do sit ups in my bed.
    Quite the thread resurrection.

Almost 10 years.

You may be creeping up on the record.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson