LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Training Abs Daily? Bad or Good?

I have been training abs daily, not for visiblity but for function. I like my core to be strong. I have read differnet workouts, some which put abs 3x a week, some put it in everyday, I am a bit lost. Any suggestions whether it is bad or good to do it daily?

CLARK331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure either. But when i train abs daily is when i get the best results. My abs are pretty thick and deep and i train them every day. Dont know if its the best or not. But it works good for me.
    In order to get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

KingOfNorway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingOfNorway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    depends on the intensity and volume, as with any other muscle. Truth is, the abs are no different than other muscles, they need recovery. 3 times a week is enough if you really work them.

Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LuvM3RH8M3 View Post
    I have been training abs daily, not for visiblity but for function. I like my core to be strong. I have read differnet workouts, some which put abs 3x a week, some put it in everyday, I am a bit lost. Any suggestions whether it is bad or good to do it daily?
    What do you mean by abs? You say you want a strong core, that will entail you to do more than just situps. Post a typical 'abs' workout session for us to give advice on your routine.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rest a day between if you are training abs with weight.

I alternate weighted moves with static holds six days per week.

something like this:

Mon woodchopper
    Tue planking
    Wed bird dog
    Thu side bridge
    Fri crunches
    Sat Lying bridge
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hmm..training everyday is great if it works for you. Different for everyone. But if you train everyday and you feel as if you can train the next day too..go for it.

mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattahy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post

something like this:

Mon woodchopper
    Tue planking
    Wed bird dog
    Thu side bridge
    Fri crunches
    Sat Lying bridge
    You wouldn't have a link or anything that shows us how to do it would you?

4evertoned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's good to see someone is interested in training their abs for more than just for show. The best approach I've found is to take separate the abs by parts and devote a day where you focus on that one area.

One day you might focus on stabilization exercises to help train the muscles in your core that are responsible for stabilizing your lumbar spine.

Another day you might want to focus on rotation, a kneeling chop lift, or some med-ball rotations would be real cool here.

And then lastly you can focus on trunk flexion and trunk extension with some crunch variation and some back extension type work.

Again this would fall perfectly in your 3 day routine.

I wish you the best of luck.

canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I train abs with my lower body 2x a week. I do weighted situps and weighted leg raises....that's it. Train heavy and have deep ass abs.
    Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125391261

LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuvM3RH8M3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fairplay View Post
    What do you mean by abs? You say you want a strong core, that will entail you to do more than just situps. Post a typical 'abs' workout session for us to give advice on your routine.
    This is my workout that singles out abs rite now...
    Monday
    Tri-Set (3 sets)
    1) Decline Weighted Sit-Up 10 reps
    2) Staight-Leg Crunch 15 reps
    3) Crunch 20 reps

Tuesday
    Tri-Set (3 sets)
    1)Scissor Kick 10 reps
    2)Hip thrust 15 reps
    3)reverse crunch 20

Wed.
    Tri-Set (3 sets)
    1)Crossover Split-leg crunch 10 reps
    2)side jackknife 15 reps
    3)Oblique Crunch 20 reps

(I got this workout from M&F training notebook) On top of these exercises i do the basic 3 compound core lifting exercises (bench, deadlift, and squat).
    Please help and thanks for your suggestsions so far!

Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post

something like this:

Mon woodchopper
    Tue planking
    Wed bird dog
    Thu side bridge
    Fri crunches
    Sat Lying bridge
    Sorry for repost. I have never heard of these moves before, can you link me to what they are? Specifically everything outside of crunches lol. How do u static weighted crunches please explain and help me out mate! Thanks.

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm currently training my abdominals everyday myself now, on account of a back injury. What I've found personally is that three days dedicated to heavier, higher volume training with the remainder of days being more geared towards general work capacity and stability works the best for functionality.

Hammering them everyday gave me more problems, as after about two weeks or so they just seemed to putter out, and my back hurt more. I should have predicated this, but I was all determined, in spite of knowledge, to get back to training as fast as possible.

On that note, if you're noticing improvement in what you're going for, keep at it or consider switching things up to see if its better. If not, perhaps my experience can save you some time.
    "Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter stuff."
    -- Yukio Mishima

"[T]here is no inner man, man is in the world, and only in the world does he know himself."
    -- Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fairplay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is my workout that singles out abs rite now...
    Monday
    Tri-Set (3 sets)
    1) Decline Weighted Sit-Up 10 reps
    2) Staight-Leg Crunch 15 reps
    3) Crunch 20 reps

Tuesday
    Tri-Set (3 sets)
    1)Scissor Kick 10 reps
    2)Hip thrust 15 reps
    3)reverse crunch 20

Wed.
    Tri-Set (3 sets)
    1)Crossover Split-leg crunch 10 reps
    2)side jackknife 15 reps
    3)Oblique Crunch 20 reps

(I got this workout from M&F training notebook) On top of these exercises i do the basic 3 compound core lifting exercises (bench, deadlift, and squat).
    Please help and thanks for your suggestsions so far!

Cool, might add some more exercises....

I'd recommend including a rotational motion, also add some bridges, build up to an ab wheel roll out. And some lower back work as well... deadlift will hit your lower back of course so you probably only need to hit it once or twice a week on top of deadlifts.

You can do 3 hard core sessions a week, and if you want to add a maintenance session with high rep crunches or something then that is alright in my oppinion.

DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DiRect has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    this is how i do it, i do crunches 4 sets of 25 reps every day and one set of oblique crunches. then on my legs/abs day, I do an intense ab workout rather then just plain crunches and oblique crunches and after that workout, my abs are actually sore. so do what's good for you.