gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Workout To Gain Size?

Hi, i'm a beginner, I would like to get on a workout to gain size. I read the rippetoes is more for gaining strength than size, but of course if with strength comes size, and vice versa. But not they're not all equal.

I was working out for about 2 months, and put a little mass on, and then got off. What would be the best workout to gain muscle size?

Also, I have some excess fat, so what would be a good routine to cut excess body fat? Or should I bulk first, and then worry about the fat later?

Thank you so much for the help!

CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CharleyDC5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would cut first, and then jump to a bulk phase.

In my case, supersets performed to failure are giving me really good results !

Just my two cents !

Good luck !
    Charley

Current stack :
    - ON Opti-men
    - ON 100% Gold Standard

GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    first to gain muscle size, u have to eat and when eating a lot u will gain some fat. now just try to not eat a lot of fats, keep protein high but fats low. About the routine do a split thats advanced
    Sunday: Upper Power
    -5x5 or 3x5 for all lifts(5x5 on bulk cause recovery is better, 3x5 on cut)
    -Barbell Bench Press
    -Barbell Rows
    -Military Press
    -Barbell Shrugs

Monday: Lower Power
    -5x5 or 3x5 for all lifts(5x5 on bulk cause recovery is better, 3x5 on cut)
    -Squat (ATG)
    -Stiff Leg Deadlift, Or Romanian DL
    -6-8 sets of Standing Calf, little higher reps, i like to do 6-8 on heavy days

Tues: Off (I usually do some cardio)

Wednesday: Hypertrophy Chest/Arms
    (For hypertrophy days i never go to failure, always stop about 2 reps before failure)

-DB Incline Bech 3x8-12
    -Barbell Close Grip Bench 3x8-12
    -DB Flat Bench 2x8-12
    -Preacher Curls 3x8-12 super setted with
    -Standing French Press 3x8-12
    -Push Downs 3x8-12 super setted with
    -DB Hammer Curls
    -Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
    -Machine Curl 3x8-12 supersetted with
    -Machine Dips 3x8-12

Thursday: Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back/Traps
    (For hypertrophy days i never go to failure, always stop about 2 reps before failure)

-DB Shoulder Press 3x8-12 super setted with
    -DB Front Raise 3x8-12
    -DB One Arm Row 3x8-12 super setted with
    -DB Arnold Press 3x8-12
    -Lat Pull Down (Wide Grip) 2x8-12 super setted with
    -DB Shrugs 2x10-15
    -Lat Pull Down (Close grip, palms facing in) 2x8-12 super setted with
    -DB Upright Row 2x10-15
    -T Bar Row 2x8-12 (Usually to tired/dead to do this last exercise, but some times i do it)

Friday: Hypertrophy Legs/Calves

-Hack Squat 5x8-12 super setted with
    -Standing Calf 5x10-15
    -Leg Extensions 5x10-15 supper setted with
    -Sitting Leg Curls 5x10-15 supper setted with
    -Sitting Calf Raise 4x8-12

Saturday: Off (cardio if you want)

u can switch the gays if u want

heres something for size and strength. If ur looking for size only, then u should do something like

Monday:

o Barbell Squats: 5x5
    o Barbell Bench Press: 5x5
    o Bent Over Barbell Row: 5x5
    o Barbell Calf Raises: 5x25
    o EZ Bar Curl: 3-4x10
    o Triceps Extension: 4x10
    o Weighted Bench Dips: 3x10

Wednesday:

o Barbell Squats: 5x5
    o Military Press: 5x5
    o Deadlift: 5x5
    o Barbell Shrugs: 4x15-20
    o Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3-4x10
    o Bent Over Rear Delt Raise: 3-4x15
    o Ab Roller: 3x fail

Friday:

o Barbell Squats: 4x5 1x3 1x8
    o Barbell Bench Press: 4x5 1x3 1x8
    o Bent Over Barbell Row: 4x5 1x3 1x8
    o EZ Bar Curl: 4x10
    o Incline Dumbbell Curls: 3x10
    o Close-Grip Bench Press: 4x10
    o Kickbacks: 3x10
    i hope this helps.

Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cardio and diet to manipulate body fat %, not a workout routine.

Cut/Bulk, a concept often thrown around like its the law.
    If you are a beginner with some extra body fat, seeking a routine to gain mass, right now it might be unreasonable to think you can successfully at 20 lbs of muscle while dropping to single digit bodyfat. Relativey easy if you have the knowledge, genetics and know your own body like the back of your hand.

So I say just focus on gaining weight, keep the cardio to a minimum if you are not eating enough to afford a lot of lost calories.

Rippetoes. Lots of people follow his stuff blindly, lots of people have apparently had success, don't know the ratio of strength:muscle gained for those folk but a beginner who doesn't eat like a nancy would see results from most anything.

So either spend the time to learn about all the concepts that go into adding muscle to your body (compound vs isolation, workout frequency, intensity etc), learn about all the possible exercises there are and combine the two and make your own routines.

Or follow Rippetoes or whatever routine following posters put up.

Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To get big you need to eat big,load up on the neccecary protien and calories.A balanced workout is essentional but remeber the big 5:

Deadlift
    Squat
    Bench
    Close grip bench
    Barbell curl

Make sure you have these exercises for maximum growth

DONT cut, its only worth cutting if you have the muscle underneath to look good,90% of people on here who seem to cut dont have the underlying nmuscle in the first place.Wait till you get a decent size first.

gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainingreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Leni101Natural View Post
    To get big you need to eat big,load up on the neccecary protien and calories.A balanced workout is essentional but remeber the big 5:

Deadlift
    Squat
    Bench
    Close grip bench
    Barbell curl

Make sure you have these exercises for maximum growth

DONT cut, its only worth cutting if you have the muscle underneath to look good,90% of people on here who seem to cut dont have the underlying nmuscle in the first place.Wait till you get a decent size first.
    damn you're huge! what would you recommend for the number of reps and sets on those excersizes?

Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brendon_80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gainingreal View Post
    damn you're huge! what would you recommend for the number of reps and sets on those excersizes?
    Im interested in knowing the same thing..
    10/06/08 Bulking to 200lbs.

ALL 1x5
    Bench: 160
    Deadlift: 205
    Squat: 275

FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaintReality will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A balanced workout is essentional but remeber the big 5:

Deadlift
    Squat
    Bench
    Close grip bench
    Barbell curl

close grip bench and barbell curls??? those are both assistance exercises and are not part of the big 5.
    Last edited by FaintReality; 10-05-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leni101Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As to FaintRealitys coment you will find that close grip and barbel curls are the BEST for arm mass.Miss these out and your missing out on mass you name one top bodybuilder that doesnt swear by them for the best gains thus it should be the big 5.

Anyway,i would probably keep to 1 or 2 warmup sets very light to get the blood pumping,nothing too strenious making sure you complete 10-12 reps,make your 3rd set fairly heavy but complete 8 reps minimum.Set 4, go all out but make sure you get at leat 6 reps out it.Last set rep out a managable weight to about 10 reps to complete the pump. it works out to 5 sets but if you exclude the warmups its 4.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rippetoe's Practical Programming suggests 5x12 works for bodybuilding mass.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

MIkeBudhani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile huge legs

As to FaintRealitys coment you will find that close grip and barbel curls are the BEST for arm mass.Miss these out and your missing out on mass you name one top bodybuilder that doesnt swear by them for the best gains thus it should be the big 5.

Anyway,i would probably keep to 1 or 2 warmup sets very light to get the blood pumping,nothing too strenious making sure you complete 10-12 reps,make your 3rd set fairly heavy but complete 8 reps minimum.Set 4, go all out but make sure you get at leat 6 reps out it.Last set rep out a managable weight to about 10 reps to complete the pump. it works out to 5 sets but if you exclude the warmups its 4.
    i realy appreciate with you. you are right close grip is realy useful for your triceps in make your triceps huge.....

but dear i have a question how can i get bigger legs... i did squats with 250 lbs but not getting size can you suggest me any good quality of leg workout which will work for me....
    <a href="https://muscleinfatout.com/">Muscle in Fat out</a>

kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you want thick legs, do sprints.... ez