Thread: Skinny Fat

SavvyD79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Skinny Fat

I just started working out again-I'm petite but my body type has become skinny fat >.< I've finally started to tone up and am able to see some definition. I'm not sure what the best mix of cardio and strength training should be. Right now I lift 4 times a week, not sure if I should be doing cardio on the same days or if I should be doing cardio less. My husband says I should be doing cardio each time I lift but won't I have a harder time gaining muscle if I do that?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are trying to gain muscle I would drop all cardio and increase calories to above maintenance and focus on intense and heavy lifting focused around the big lifts.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Walls8431 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As far as I know, to gain muscles, you must increase your calories.

GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not a female but ive been skinny fat. Do wut Megdaig said.
    "There is no question that belts assist in generating a few more Newton-meters (or foot-pounds) of torque in the torso through elastic recoil of a bent orso that is stiffened with a belt. However, if a neutral spine is preserved throughout the lift this effect is minimal. In other words, to obtain the maximal effect from a belt, the lifter must lift poorly and in a way that exposed the back to a much higher risk of injury!”

fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes...stop the cardio and lift. More lifting and more eating

Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hannah82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    If you are trying to gain muscle I would drop all cardio and increase calories to above maintenance and focus on intense and heavy lifting focused around the big lifts.
    ^ yep this
    I have no idea what I'm doing, I just fkking do it.
    If it's hard that just means you need to do it more until it isn't.

~DSC~X~
    *AF Vet Crew**aeronautical science student*
    ♡beards♡

Talking :)

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Lawson2951 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lawson2951 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I guess, your husband knows what is best.

GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lawson2951 View Post
    I guess, your husband knows what is best.

Clear lesbian is clear..
    "There is no question that belts assist in generating a few more Newton-meters (or foot-pounds) of torque in the torso through elastic recoil of a bent orso that is stiffened with a belt. However, if a neutral spine is preserved throughout the lift this effect is minimal. In other words, to obtain the maximal effect from a belt, the lifter must lift poorly and in a way that exposed the back to a much higher risk of injury!”

?

Originally Posted by GROSO View Post
    Clear lesbian is clear..
    ...?

EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100) EvoXgsr is not very well liked. (-100)
    have you tried doing calisthenics? pyramid system works really well

Talking

Originally Posted by EvoXgsr View Post
    have you tried doing calisthenics? pyramid system works really well
    No I haven't...googles "calisthenics" lol, I'll look it up and see what it's about! Thanks