Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000)

My journey. Lost total of 80lbs. Have had 3 open heart surgeries.

That's right. I've had 3 open heart surgeries in my life time. 8 months old, 2 years old, and 11 years old. Was a birth defect. Main trunk in the heart was combined when it should separate as a child's body grows but mine didn't. Anyway, it has been a set back growing up but really not so much as I'm this age now. I still need surgeries in the future but I gained a lot of weight in my early teen years, not exercising a lot and such. My bones and heart probably weren't in the best condition yet either. They've gotten a lot better though as I've gotten older.

Okay so it started maybe about 14 is when I really gained a lot of weight. Mostly from a lot of junk food and playing video games obviously. Probably depressed a bit too because my mom had relapsed on alcohol my freshman year so it was tough on me. I lived with her and tried to help her a lot.

So this was at 225lbs 34% body fat

I had been lifting weights on and off the first couple years of HS but nothing serious really. I mean wasn't losing weight. Never did cardio. Used my heart as an excuse. I really did. I was also scared too I think though. My mom died when I was 16 and she was in my arms. I found her after her heart gave out from a mix of oxy / anti depressants. Was a very hard time for me. I was a mama's boy definitely. My dad has always been around though so not like he's a dead beat. So I went to go live with him.
    This basically kick started motivation for me to better my life. In a sad way my mom was kind of holding me down. I loved her with all of my heart but I was doing so much and no one that age should be doing. My best friend was a wrestler and I asked him for help because he was in really good shape. So we started going to the gym together. He would push me so hard. We would be lifting weights then go to cardio. We would do at least 40-60 mins of cardio. Mix it up from bike to eliptical to incline walking. Eventually after about a year or so of learning diets and such. I dropped down to 145lbs!! Which was actually too small for me people started saying. I didn't have a lot of muscle yet but was still glad to be skinny!

That has been about 3 years since those pics. After that I started lifting hard and heavy. Honestly didn't watch my diet all that much. but gained some weight here and there. Mostly floating around 160-170lbs. Could never really get a full 6 pack or even manage to stay lean. I know it was the diet for the most part. But I also do not like how wide my hips are, at least without much muscle in those pics.
    As you can see I still don't really have abs in this picture either. Idk what it is. Maybe the weight that I was carrying around? I had gained it really fast in the younger years.

That pic was taken about a year to a year and a half ago. When I first started MMA. Been doing it almost 2 years now. Love it. Really helped me develop triceps that were non existent before. Recently I've started the IF diet and really doing a lot of calisthenics. I'm not at my goal physique yet but I think I am getting much closer than where I was and especially for the struggles I've gone through to get here because I've had a couple minor operations for my heart I forgot to add. These are the most recent I have which last month or two. I plan on taking some within the next couple of months when I hopefully hit my goal.

Thanks to anyone who read this whole thing and I'm open for questions or comments. Just thought I would post this some where that people might actually want to hear my story! I would love to know how to get abs and be lean and stay there! I'm hoping that the combination of Intermittent Fasting, Calisthenics, Some weights, and my MMA training will get me there!
    Attached Images
    I rep back. 1k+
    Blackbelt in tapout, affliction, and UFC (maybe srs?)
    MMA brah (srs)
    *Go to gym on friday night crew*

Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metalhead553 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn...no words man !!!

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Incredible transformation, good luck with your goals in the future.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000) axit is just really nice. (+1000)
    this is awesome!!! you did a great transformation

a few tips: I used to be skinny as hell all the time, and I also used to eat what I want (most of the time junkfood), I didn't get fat. Since I've worked out I tried to stay lean (the thoughts of not eating dirty were really hard for me) ... Get yourself the dedication to eat clean... There might be the seduction of eating anything dirty, but the feeling is far better if you don't eat this. Honestly, after eating a chocolate, I would feel terrible. Set yourself a goal.

Abs come when go under ~11% of bodyfat. Some direct abs and especially compounds (deadlift, bent over rows, squats) will make your abs looking better.

Will rep when I have 50 posts
    "No pressure no diamonds"

"Lifting partners are a really strong bond between two unusually sexy dudes.
    It’s like a marriage of muscle, a sacred matrimony of mass.
    It’s a cocktail of testosterone.
    It’s just two completely straight heterosexual dudes getting together... Getting SWOLE"
    quoted from Dom Mazzetti

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147859233 <-- please check out this 'teen-supplements basic guide'

Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000) Rhev is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by axit View Post
    this is awesome!!! you did a great transformation

a few tips: I used to be skinny as hell all the time, and I also used to eat what I want (most of the time junkfood), I didn't get fat. Since I've worked out I tried to stay lean (the thoughts of not eating dirty were really hard for me) ... Get yourself the dedication to eat clean... There might be the seduction of eating anything dirty, but the feeling is far better if you don't eat this. Honestly, after eating a chocolate, I would feel terrible. Set yourself a goal.

Abs come when go under ~11% of bodyfat. Some direct abs and especially compounds (deadlift, bent over rows, squats) will make your abs looking better.

Will rep when I have 50 posts
    thanks man. yeah I'm trying to focus a lot more on my diet now. And actually calisthenics mixed in with everything else is really helping my body kick it to a different level. Just mixing it up really. I never do the same work out twice.
    I rep back. 1k+
    MMA brah (srs)

jayare211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sorry about your mom,
    nevertheless good job keep up the good work

Originally Posted by jayare211 View Post
    sorry about your mom,
    nevertheless good job keep up the good work
    thank you, sir
    I rep back. 1k+
    MMA brah (srs)