jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

fml i dont know what to do. overtraining

inb4 lol theres no such thing as overtraining. brb yes there is and there is even a wikipedia entry for it. pow.

basically, have been lifting for 1.5years, came from nothing, literally. squatted the bar, deadlifted 30kg, could bench the bar for like 2 reps.

lifts before this 'decline' april 2011(kg)

squat-145
    dead-190
    bench-100
    db row-52.5 x 3
    military press 75kg

right so anyway on with my story. i had been hitting the weights hard for a year, pretty much no break but it was cool i felt really good. i was really motivated to hit the gym each time, was energetic all the time and just felt great basically. I had this awesome 'spree' from like feb-april this year, where my lifts skyrocketed. dead went from 140-165, military 62.5 to 75, squat 105-135. you get the idea. i should also mention, yes i do lift heavy usually every session, i start with one of the big lifts and work up to between 2-4 reps usually, some days maxing out. then a couple of other exercises with 6-8 reps usually. this has worked for me from april 2010-2011 so i saw no need to stop

since then (yes for 5 damn months) everything has gone down. i look like ****, i feel like **** daily. Thing is, i dont feel too bad when im not training. which is why i think im still in this rut. because basically im like 'oh i feel not bad actually, i think il go train' and quite literally within like 15mins i feel so bad.

to describe the feeling, face goes really red, overwhelming fatigue, i usually rest on a bench between sets; i dont want to get up from that bench. but i felt ok like 15mins ago? it puzles me greatly.

so basically this happened for like 3 months. id be like 'oh i must have pushed too hard the last session', i go to take 3 or 4 days off, come back and the same thing happens.

before i continue, my diet is in check, im getting enough (probably too much) protein, 1-1.5g/lb bodyweight. and i am def not under maintenance because i have gained a lot of fat since this all started. (from lack of training and **** unproductive sessions). also my logic was, whatever was wrong with me would improve faster if i ate over maintenance. which i still believe to be true tbh.

so as i was saying, i took 2 weeks off about a month ago, and felt pretty refreshed by the end of it, go back to the gym and i get that **** feeling again and i just want to go home. i havent done any training since.

to sum this up because it is getting long, i really want to keep lifting, but i cant. at least for now. and i am seeking out other who have been in my position of overtraining.

i should mention, i am only suggesting it may be overtrainnig. i have looked at symptom lists and i have nearly all symptoms. fatigue, muscle soreness, depression (especially after workouts). also while we are on that its worth mentioning that when i used to do really well i felt so ridiculously good post wo. i felt i could take on the world. now i want to crawl into a hole and die. (most workouts)

so yeah, anyone who has been overtrained, did you just bite the bullet and take time off until you felt 100% better? at this rate, we could be talking months.

lifting was what i got up for each day. now i have nothing. i spend days in front of the damn computer because im constantly tired. Also i dont know if this is related but il mention it, i always wake up with severe nasal congestion, and an extremely dry mouth. again this started back in april when the rest of the crap began. I thought it could be my supplements, so i stopped taking animal pak, zma and whey for a few days but to no avail.

im going to just post this and wait for some replies because i dont want to post a ridiculously long thread for it to not get any

i can see people asking 'what do you want me to say'. to that i answer: for the people who have been overtrained, have you been doing so for as long as me, did you have similar symptoms to me, what do you suggest i do. I am really upset because i look like ****, i am weak as fuk and i cant do anything about it

jipajappa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipajappa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipajappa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jipajappa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If that's really happening every time you work out, it sounds like it could be a real medical problem. Talk to your doctor.

Registered Sex Offender Bestbrah's Avatar
    Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bestbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    tl;dr

Eat more/Sleep more
    Less volume
    ????
    Profit

Also feeling **** because you work hard isnt neccessarily overtraining. I sometimes feel bad when i work hard and im all tired and crap, but in the end its all fine.
    "You wont find strong men with weak hands"

RIP Zyzz

Current stats -> Goals by january 2012 -> Goals by december 2012

Bench- 125x5 -> 185x1 -> 250x1
    Squat- 200x5 -> 285x1 -> 385x1
    Deadlift- 275x5 -> 375x1 -> 440x1
    Press- 90x5 -> 130x1 -> 185x1
    Power Clean- 145x2 -> 190x1 -> 270x1
    Pull ups- 6 reps -> 15 reps -> 40 reps

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I'd see a doctor. Definitely get your blood tested to know if you have normal levels in all shiz.

Have you measured your blood pressure lately?
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jamie93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bestbrah View Post
    tl;dr

Eat more/Sleep more
    Less volume
    ????
    Profit

Also feeling **** because you work hard isnt neccessarily overtraining. I sometimes feel bad when i work hard and im all tired and crap, but in the end its all fine.
    dude.. if srs.. please go. i can see you didnt read my post as i addressed the eating in my post and my volume is actually very low compares to most people's. and being tired is different to feeling like i do. i used to get tired, but i still felt great after a workout.

Originally Posted by jipajappa View Post
    If that's really happening every time you work out, it sounds like it could be a real medical problem. Talk to your doctor.
    Originally Posted by FaIIen View Post
    Yeah I'd see a doctor. Definitely get your blood tested to know if you have normal levels in all shiz.

Have you measured your blood pressure lately?
    i would see a doc but theyre all like 'blah blah blah i dont know anything about lifting/10 i am going to diagnose you with some random crap which probably isnt true'

do you think i should just get a blood test or something to check see if anythings fukked?

as for blood pressure, cant say i have. we dont have one of those electronic blood pressure-y things.

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jamie93 View Post
    as for blood pressure, cant say i have. we dont have one of those electronic blood pressure-y things.
    Aight well get your blood tested in a lab and ask them to check if all levels are within normal standards.

I'd also courage you to check the pressure. I don't know what kind of system you have @ UK, but if you have a school nurse, get it checked there.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) embulldogs99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I honestly don't think your overtraining. My guess is maybe a few things.

1- do you take a multi? maybe you are low on vitamins which would make you feel like poop. I used to have a b12 deficiency and now I have a good multi I feel much better.

2- do u get morning wood and can you get it up to jack off? this honestly sounds like low testosterone which yes at our age is very rare but still possible.

3- maybe your blood sugar is low? you say you have been eating right but sometimes this means your not getting enough sugar. some sugar like from fruits is still good for you.

4- maybe your not sleeping enough or at the right hours? I tend to feel much better sleeping from 10-6 than from 2-10. Or maybe you are waking up at night and not sleeping through.

5- maybe you are not drinking enough water? if you wake up with dry mouth and congestion, maybe you need to make sure you drink a gallon to a gallon and a half a day

6- this isnt a physical thing but maybe you have some other mental stress outside of lifting? Maybe a bitchy GF or parents or boss? Sometimes feeling down form something like that can effect your mood for the day.

worst case I would see a doctor. I often feel like I need to sit and rest when I lift- especially on leg days- i often even feel just like crap for a second on heavy lifts- but thats not overtraining thats because your messing with alot of weight for your body.

But good luck figuring it out. it might be a combination of things you need to figure out.
    s/b/d current: 325/285/405 goal: 405/315/500

Time to ball

Originally Posted by embulldogs99 View Post
    I honestly don't think your overtraining. My guess is maybe a few things.

1- do you take a multi? maybe you are low on vitamins which would make you feel like poop. I used to have a b12 deficiency and now I have a good multi I feel much better.

2- do u get morning wood and can you get it up to jack off? this honestly sounds like low testosterone which yes at our age is very rare but still possible.

3- maybe your blood sugar is low? you say you have been eating right but sometimes this means your not getting enough sugar. some sugar like from fruits is still good for you.

4- maybe your not sleeping enough or at the right hours? I tend to feel much better sleeping from 10-6 than from 2-10. Or maybe you are waking up at night and not sleeping through.

5- maybe you are not drinking enough water? if you wake up with dry mouth and congestion, maybe you need to make sure you drink a gallon to a gallon and a half a day

6- this isnt a physical thing but maybe you have some other mental stress outside of lifting? Maybe a bitchy GF or parents or boss? Sometimes feeling down form something like that can effect your mood for the day.

worst case I would see a doctor. I often feel like I need to sit and rest when I lift- especially on leg days- i often even feel just like crap for a second on heavy lifts- but thats not overtraining thats because your messing with alot of weight for your body.

But good luck figuring it out. it might be a combination of things you need to figure out.
    good reply cheers.

1)yes animal pak. has like 10000% of everything
    2)sometimes. i had thought it was low test but tbh i wouldnt get it at all if it was
    3)i do get sugar. although havent had fruit for a while. il admit i have been relying on multis for vitamins lately
    4)definitelycould be this. all this started very near to the time when i started going to bed at like 2am instead of 11pm. my logic was, if im sleeping the same hours (it was school holidays so i slept in) then it was the same. a few people have told me they feel better sleeping earlier in the night.
    5)yeah i probably should drink more
    6)not lifting and seeing my body go to **** is causing the stress (srs)i have a pretty stress-free life

meh. i gotta go to bed early

rundmcfadden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, it sounds to me like you could be suffering from a simple case of burnout. What has your training schedule been like? From what you said it seems like you're losing motivation and getting bored once you're into the workout. Do you change up your workouts every couple weeks or have you stayed pretty consistent? If you've been following the same routine for while you might want to change it up a bit. I know people that have dealt with this same situation in school. The first thing I would recommend is varying your routine and maybe a little supplemental caffeine to give you that extra boost of energy. That's worked for a couple guys. If that doesn't help you should consider taking a couple weeks off from heavy training and just focus on some low-moderate intensity aerobic exercises to keep fit, then gradually work your way back into the high intensity stuff. The guy above me lso made good points about making sure you're drinking enough water and getting enough sleep too. It could be just as simple as that.

G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4rry1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tl;dr

OP has bone cancer.
    Starting weight: 112lb
    Current weight: 150lb
    Target weight: 175lb

Originally Posted by rundmcfadden View Post
    Hey man, it sounds to me like you could be suffering from a simple case of burnout. What has your training schedule been like? From what you said it seems like you're losing motivation and getting bored once you're into the workout. Do you change up your workouts every couple weeks or have you stayed pretty consistent? If you've been following the same routine for while you might want to change it up a bit. I know people that have dealt with this same situation in school. The first thing I would recommend is varying your routine and maybe a little supplemental caffeine to give you that extra boost of energy. That's worked for a couple guys. If that doesn't help you should consider taking a couple weeks off from heavy training and just focus on some low-moderate intensity aerobic exercises to keep fit, then gradually work your way back into the high intensity stuff. The guy above me lso made good points about making sure you're drinking enough water and getting enough sleep too. It could be just as simple as that.
    thanks for your advice man but i think you are not fully understanding my situation. its not im getting bored, i am simply unable to continue when i get into a workout the tiredness is that bad. i also get headaches.

I take jack3d pre workout and that has caffeine in. i did stop taking this for a period to make sure it wasnt that which was causing problems