football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

barry sanders workout

anyone know wut he did?

toextrm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: barry sanders workout

Originally posted by football101
    anyone know wut he did?

Yeah, he quit football.

football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) football101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    his traing program!!!!!!

BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am pretty sure he did a lot of agilty drills. Those programs aren't for you since you aren't a pro athlete. You could eventually get up to that level, but you need one tailored specifically for you.
    eat right
    train right
    Do It Right

user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No one on this board is even remotely ready for a professional athletes routine. I don't know why so many people are fixated on this type of routine. Pro athletes have not been doing the same routine since they were 15. There is no magical program that can take you straight to the top. If there was, wouldn't you see it alot more on sport forums? If you do want to train the right way, you might want to seek a strength coach who has a successful track record of training high school athletes. He will assess your strengths and weaknesses, and then provide a comprehensive program for you. Do not try to imitate the pros. If you do, one of three things will happen: 1) You will get burned out, 2) You will injure yourself, 3) You will be frustrated because you are not suddenly becoming Barry Sanders.

Again I will use this analogy:

If you were a teenage aspiring bodybuilder, would you follow Ronnie Coleman's Olympia prep routine? Even if he can handle the workload with chemical assistance, could you? I don't think so.

Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Really?

Originally Posted by user321653_345 View Post
    No one on this board is even remotely ready for a professional athletes routine. I don't know why so many people are fixated on this type of routine. Pro athletes have not been doing the same routine since they were 15. There is no magical program that can take you straight to the top. If there was, wouldn't you see it alot more on sport forums? If you do want to train the right way, you might want to seek a strength coach who has a successful track record of training high school athletes. He will assess your strengths and weaknesses, and then provide a comprehensive program for you. Do not try to imitate the pros. If you do, one of three things will happen: 1) You will get burned out, 2) You will injure yourself, 3) You will be frustrated because you are not suddenly becoming Barry Sanders.

Again I will use this analogy:

If you were a teenage aspiring bodybuilder, would you follow Ronnie Coleman's Olympia prep routine? Even if he can handle the workload with chemical assistance, could you? I don't think so.
    I will say this...
    Do not base your workouts around the specific weights and amount that a professional or olympic athlete does. Their max is hardly ever your max, their casual weight is not always yours.

But there is nothing wrong with following a professional routine. Just listen to your body and eat right and sleep right. Just understand there is a difference between being sore and being hurt.

I will always bring up guys like Ray Lewis, Tim Tebow, Herschell Walker. Say that they use to work out 2x a day, on top of cardio on top of other things. Most of the replies are as follows...

"Oh but thats Ray Lewis, or thats ________"
    "Oh but hes a professional..."

These guys were doing this before the pros, these guys were doing their insane work outs before college and some before high school.

Ray Lewis was 14 years old playing a card game where everytime he picked a card from the deck he would do that amount of push ups. all 51 cards and sometimes again and again. Herschell Walker was in middle school when he decided to stop being a lil puggy nerd and set a goal of doing 1000 push ups and 2000 squats a day and still at 51 is doing it.

You want to be a stronger or faster... first understand that doing that wont necessarily make you a better athlete. It will help but it doesnt always improve your athletic ability. But also understand you have to do less talking and less research and just go out and do it.

Set yourself goals and create a schedule.

You want to be a better RB...Go out and do it. Agility drills, jogging, hill sprints, stairs, weight lifting. Watch film, watch routines. Go out and practice. Go out and catch. Go out and talk to other good athletes.

Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thesensation19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by football101 View Post
    anyone know wut he did?
    I am sure you can find something on Barry but on the other hand maybe not. He was a very humble and quiet guy. Probably kept to himself and just did himself. Honestly, he was very naturally gifted with speed and agility. So I dont think there is anything crazy or unusual he might of did than any other RB.

Since hes a pro
    He probably ran 3-5x a week. I would guess at least 2 miles, probably more.
    He hit the gym probably 3-5x a week, depending on part of the year. Weight lifting is not necessary and can be swapped with non-weight work outs or plyometrics. But this is important for any athlete to strengthen the muscles.
    He probably did do a lot of agility drills and footwork drills. Use those ladders that they put on the ground. Just like weights hit it with reps and sets. Do forward, backward, sideways. In and out. One leg, two legs. Hop over it. Repeat for practice, add challenges to progress. Challenges can include weighted vest, or equipment on or resistance bands or do it in the sand. Do it with and without a ball

He probably ran up hills or stairs too.
    Running is not just for cardio

I guarantee you he stretched commonly. Make sure you properly warm up and stretch before and after work outs. Before bed and after you wake up.

Eat right, drink plenty of water.

And one last thing...
    Try to avoid supplements the most you can. I am sure most of the people on here feed people the BS about how good supplements are, or EVERYONE uses it. All you need is the proper food and proper diet. Drink lots of water. Eat and sleep well.

You need vitamin C... have an orange. Have two
    You need protein? Have some soy milk, have some eggs. Have a chicken, have a steak. Nuts, beans Veggies.
    You need energy? Sleep well, drink water, maybe a lil caffeine from an actual coffee bean or tea leaf. You dont need red bull or gatorade or 5 hour energy.7-8 hours of sleep
    You want to get bigger? Bigger doesnt make you a better athlete. Work on your weaknesses as natural as possible or change up your style of play.