commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How often should the 300 workout be performed?

Well im going back to cutting in a month and am planning on doing the 300 workout to help me get ripped was wondering how often do you guys think i should do this without overtraining

here it is for those who dont know it.

-> The 300 Workout:

* Pullups - 25 reps
    * Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50 reps
    * Pushups - 50 reps
    * 24-inch Box jumps - 50 reps
    * Floor wipers - 50 reps
    * Single-arm Clean-and-Press with 36lbs Kettlebell - 50 reps
    * Pullups - 25 reps

* 300 Reps Total

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm sure you can find a more effective routine than that. just because that's the exercise they did in the movie, doesnt mean you'll look like them! it would be fun to see how your progress goes though. maybe you should do a log!

Also, not to be cliche, but, abs are made in the kitchen

Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000)
    when you are planning to audition for the sequel to 300.

don't be a tool.

commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rainieravesouth View Post
    I'm sure you can find a more effective routine than that. just because that's the exercise they did in the movie, doesnt mean you'll look like them! it would be fun to see how your progress goes though. maybe you should do a log!

Also, not to be cliche, but, abs are made in the kitchen
    Lol im not an idiot but that is an intense weight lifting workout that does burn fat effectively. I do have 165 pounds of lean body mass so i just need to get down to 180. This burn fat and keeps muscle and endurance up i would do this while doing cardio and yes i have been through alot with body building losing 81 pounds of fat and gaining a good 25 pounds of muscle. I do realize i need a diet as well.

Originally Posted by Super Man View Post
    when you are planning to audition for the sequel to 300.

don't be a tool.
    LOL! Man im just looking for a good fat burning muscle sparing workout.

Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Super Man is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by commi View Post
    LOL! Man im just looking for a good fat burning muscle sparing workout.
    an intense 4-5 day split with cardio to top it all off.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you can make it through a full 300 Workout, you probably don't need to be in the Losing Fat section.

Every actor in 300 probably did what the rest of the world is doing to lose weight and preserve muscle. Eat like you're cutting and lift like you're bulking.

joshcooper90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This dosent answer the original question though does it :s

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i've done the routine ~8-9 times in the past, everytime I do it for time, trying to best each session...i wouldn't do it back to back though, it's not the greatest muscle tearing workout since most of the exercises you can do in 1-2 giant sets but I'd still allow at least a day of rest between sessions

it is called the "300" not because this was the exclusive exercise they used in the "300" movie but rather because it is "300" total reps, it's just a form of HIT & one can create their own HIT program once they understand the foundation of HIT/Tabata/Max-OT/DC training
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    300 is NOT a workout. I repeat. NOT A WORKOUT.
    It is a fitness Test. The guys from the movie didnt do this as a workout.
    It was just sort of as a right of passage for those who went through the intense training for the movie. For bragging rights. Thats it.
    The point of it is to time yourself and try to do it as fast as you can and to do better the next time.
    Not as a workout plan.
    The general goal is to complete it in under 20 mins.
    In fact, there was only one actor who actually completed it in under 20mins.
    Andrew Pleavin, the bald guy who lead the arcadians to battle, was the only actore to complete it in good time. Even after 12 weeks of sloid training Gerard Butler, Leonidas, could not accomplish this goal.
    It is not for the faint of heart. Not for the overweight.
    If you feel compelled to do it, then maximize it to once a month or less. Once every 2 months would be a good timeframe.
    Its just a test.

PS: If you complete it and don't want to throw up, or havent already, you werent pushing yourself hard enough.

Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silvance5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, I can't see this as an effective workout. Far too many reps. You might burn some calories but that's all you'll get out of it. Plus if you can do 25 pullups in a single set, then you'd have no reason to use this workout, you could find a far more effective one.

If you're really looking for a good high rep, high intensity fat burning workout, check out the 4 minute HIIT workout. Much more effective in my opinion.

nassi432 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think that who has tried the workout would know that it's good for getting in fit . all of you just comment whithout trying it , well it's not the best workout ofcourse . So what i'm doing is :
    1 day -300 training, second day - jumping whith a rope, third day -rest and than this again , but sometimes i make two days rest if needed

my best score for now :
    1. allmost 22- 25 pull ups
    2. deadlift whith 25 kg 50reps
    3. 46 pushups
    4. 50 jumpings on a box
    5. 32 floor wipers (original to left and right - 1 rep)
    6. clean & press with 11 kg for now 50 reps ( single arm but switching them between 1 rep)
    7. 14 pull ups
    The problem of the program is that the clean and press is forcing your biceps and you don't have power for the pull ups then
    so i'm not doing it very intensive and i walk 5 -15 seconds between clean & press and pull ups and between jumpings and floor wipers
    It seems that my body is transforming so it's working . i think that you lose weght for shore
    and gain little bit more muscle lay / relief ( i dont know how its called on english ) . My abbs are stronger and better looking ofcourse . too bad that the triceps is not much trained

pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Doesn't matter the workout... but you should give any major muscle group 48-72hrs rest, core can be an exception.

If you feel the DOMS big time,you're doing it too often
    When I'm fat my pants don't fit, When I lose weight my pants don't fit.. maybe I should stop wearing pants?

Sept 1st/195lb - Last Weigh-In 175.5lbs
    Goal June 1st/170lb - Under 15% bf

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by theapexxxx View Post
    300 is NOT a workout. I repeat. NOT A WORKOUT.
    It is a fitness Test. The guys from the movie didnt do this as a workout.
    It was just sort of as a right of passage for those who went through the intense training for the movie. For bragging rights. Thats it.
    The point of it is to time yourself and try to do it as fast as you can and to do better the next time.
    Not as a workout plan.
    The general goal is to complete it in under 20 mins.
    In fact, there was only one actor who actually completed it in under 20mins.
    Andrew Pleavin, the bald guy who lead the arcadians to battle, was the only actore to complete it in good time. Even after 12 weeks of sloid training Gerard Butler, Leonidas, could not accomplish this goal.
    It is not for the faint of heart. Not for the overweight.
    If you feel compelled to do it, then maximize it to once a month or less. Once every 2 months would be a good timeframe.
    Its just a test.

PS: If you complete it and don't want to throw up, or havent already, you werent pushing yourself hard enough.
    this x10000. do it every so often if u like. it's hard as hell.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    theapexxxx is correct in saying that the 300 is a fitness test, not a training routine. If you want to read more:

http://www.gymjones.com/

jr493584 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

try this and tell me your not tired after... this is the 300 for women

300 for women.....
    Warmup
    10 min row
    10 air squats
    10 push ups
    5 pull ups
    10 sit ups

Workout

30 pull ups
    30 walking lunges with 10kg
    60 sit ups with 10kg
    60 shoulder press
    30 dips
    30 floor wipers
    30 box jumps
    30 burpees
    30 push ups

And to finish it off 100 air squats but I do 100 leg presses

It's exhausting but it works for me.... 3 or 4 times a week... 2 days cardio