Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Legs too big?

WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Legs too big?

Hey guys,

I've always been more of a bottom heavy body type - my quads and glutes being bigger than the rest of me.

I've developed my back and shoulders okay so far but my quads especially have kind of exploded in line with that, after some pretty intense training the past few months.

The problem is it's kind of out proportion. In fact, the jeans/pants I was wearing are now too small - not around my waist, but around my quads, so I can't even walk properly in them!

I've kind of relaxed the leg workouts lately but what would be your advice? To lay off of them until they can be in better proportion or just take it easy on them?

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by WilWander View Post
    Hey guys,

I've always been more of a bottom heavy body type - my quads and glutes being bigger than the rest of me.

I've developed my back and shoulders okay so far but my quads especially have kind of exploded in line with that, after some pretty intense training the past few months.

The problem is it's kind of out proportion. In fact, the jeans/pants I was wearing are now too small - not around my waist, but around my quads, so I can't even walk properly in them!

I've kind of relaxed the leg workouts lately but what would be your advice? To lay off of them until they can be in better proportion or just take it easy on them?
    Would need pictures to determine whether or not you actually have poor proportionality between your upper and lower body. I see no reason to "relax" leg training, as that will not correct poor proportionality (if it exists at all). Also, clothing no longer fitting is a really strange reason to stop training a certain body part. That is what clothing stores are for.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Buy bigger pants. srs

It is not really possible to have legs that are too big and strong.

Trust me, I know how you feel. I had to buy larger pants multiple times. I was 168 pounds when I found this site. Then I squat heavy and often, ate my food and drank my milk...I couldn't even pretend to fit into the jeans I wore a couple of years ago. And it's all thighs. It's actually kind of annoying, the waist size necessary to comfortably fit my thighs plus stuff in my pockets leaves extra fabric in the actual waist that can get kind of bunched up by the belt....but whatever.

Keep getting bigger and stronger and buy bigger pants

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    It is not really possible to have legs that are too big and strong.
    This.

There is no such thing.

I have never heard anyone say, "damn, his legs are too big". Too small or skinny, sure, but too big? No.

WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers guys.

I suppose it's more a self-image thing, wanting it to be in line with my expectations.

The pants issue is more annoyance - not being able to wear my favourite jeans I bought only a few months earlier!

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys,

I feel your pain but legs workout i.e squat and deadlift, legs press etc is a must if you want to put on some serious mass.

I put on approx 35lbs since May 2010 and i am no longer fit any of my "relax fit" jean. Not to mention i am in the military and most of my dress uniform are form fitting and they are no longer fit. I have to spend all kind of money to get it replace and i have to pay to get it tailored but i am very happy with the result i am getting. My legs now is 24" and my calf is 17". I believe most of the 35lbs that i have gain went straight to my legs but that is ok.

I don't believe there is such thing as your legs is too big lol. Anyhow, imagine a guy that is 5'5"-5'6" with 24" legs

On the side note: i know my English sucks just in case someone decide to pick on me for that.....

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheers guys.

I suppose it's more a self-image thing, wanting it to be in line with my expectations.

The pants issue is more annoyance - not being able to wear my favourite jeans I bought only a few months earlier!
    If wrangler don't fit you well, find another brand

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sngo, you type English about as well as many native speakers. That says good things about your English and bad things about the English of many native speakers.

OP: you'll need to buy new pants because you are too awesome for your current ones. Really? You want to become less awesome so you can fit into not-awesome person pants?
    GOMAD!

zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zealot_paul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is the first time i heard a guy complaining of having legs that were to big :|. U should be boasting here, not complaining,lol.

Originally Posted by grumble1 View Post
    OP: you'll need to buy new pants because you are too awesome for your current ones. Really? You want to become less awesome so you can fit into not-awesome person pants?
    Hahaha point taken. Good way to look at it.

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You should be glad that your legs are a natural strong point. Legs and back are the most important muscle groups and if you're lacking either you can't call yourself a real bodybuilder. I've lost count of how many guys I've seen with big arms, delts, chest and a good set of abs but absolutely no back or legs at all.

You don't want to end up like these guys, anyone who knows what they're looking at will laugh.

L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    You should be glad that your legs are a natural strong point. Legs and back are the most important muscle groups and if you're lacking either you can't call yourself a real bodybuilder. I've lost count of how many guys I've seen with big arms, delts, chest and a good set of abs but absolutely no back or legs at all.

You don't want to end up like these guys, anyone who knows what they're looking at will laugh.
    i actualy sympathighs with the op .. i also have legs that although are in proportion to the rest of my body are to big for my liking i have a 32 inch thigh granted my body fat is above nominal my legs are actualy at a small point right now but enough about me and back to my point .. i started training mainly to look good and i guess ones opinion of look good could be a drastic variation of anothers .. i myself am partial to big chest nice abs and traps with a medium back and smaller legs .. i would trade my strong muscles (legs and back) for a set of pretty muscles ANY DAY bare in mind guys i will press 1200 for a set of 8 and deadlift 405 for a set of 5 but my bench is pitiful and arm curls i wont even mention

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by L0WER1T View Post
    i actualy sympathighs with the op .. i also have legs that although are in proportion to the rest of my body are to big for my liking i have a 32 inch thigh granted my body fat is above nominal my legs are actualy at a small point right now but enough about me and back to my point .. i started training mainly to look good and i guess ones opinion of look good could be a drastic variation of anothers .. i myself am partial to big chest nice abs and traps with a medium back and smaller legs .. i would trade my strong muscles (legs and back) for a set of pretty muscles ANY DAY bare in mind guys i will press 1200 for a set of 8 and deadlift 405 for a set of 5 but my bench is pitiful and arm curls i wont even mention
    Well if that's honestly the look you're after by all means go after it, it really doesn't matter what other people think of your body, what matters is that you're comfortable with it. You'll just have to train harder to bring up your lagging muscle groups.

If you seriously think that your legs and back are too big it's as simple as limiting how hard you train them. If you don't want your legs to get any bigger simply stop adding weight to the bar and stop adding reps, if you're lifting 400 x 5 you simply keep lifting 400 x 5 (even if you can lift more weight or get more reps). Obviously if you want to reduce the size of your legs you would actually reduce the amount of weight you are lifting, dropping from 400 x 5 to 350 x 5 will reduce your leg size etc.

jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100)
    i had to go buy 2 new pairs of larger pants last week. i'm OK with it.

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't wear jeans at all anymore. It's either loosely fitting tan pants at work or shorts/sweatpants/windpants everywhere else. Occasionally I will stuff into some of my jeans if I am going downtown or to a party though.

My legs are by no means huge, but I have to buy at least a 34" waist size to fit into normal jeans, when my waist is MAYBE 31".

I wouldn't trade my leg mass for anything. I still want them bigger, lol.

Almost all of my jeans have a hole right underneath my sack, that is annoying.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Buy loose cut jeans.

My legs are 27 inches around and I have plenty of room with a loose cut.

Unless you're Branch Warren or Tom Platz, this shouldn't be an issue.
    Who was this love of yours?

JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamesLikesDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I feel your pain, I have a 29 inch waist and buy 33 or 34 inch jeans.

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by L0WER1T View Post
    i actualy sympathighs with the op
    I lol'd

VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VegasVendetta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Your legs are to big...well done, like they said keep blasting them in the gym and buy bigger pants.

You must have been doing something right. What leg exercises, sets and reps did you have in your program.
    "The greatest obstacle each of us must overcome is ourselves." -some wise guy

L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L0WER1T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    I lol'd
    ...FINALY someone got it

cmonegjonaj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    take some steroids to make ur upper body bigger...keep working out ur legs to get more white blood cells and testosterone flowing just dont stack the weight too high....lunges box jumps sprints other calisthenics straight leg deadlift things like this

steveomont has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

some real advice

Hahaha point taken. Good way to look at it.
    if your concerned with a complete bodybuilder look then lay off the leg training for a while and focus on bring up your other lagging bodyparts eventually they will catch up, try only training legs every other week with a very basic light workout to keep them in check but not enough volume for hypertrophy this should help, my calves and traps grow like mad i really dont need to train them at all and they grow so i backed off them for 3 months and focused on bring my quads and hams to match my calves and delts to match my traps and the indirect work was enough to keep them in line while the other bodyparts cought up.
    origionaly quads were 22 inches and calves were 17.5 after the 3 months of leaving my calves alone and focusing on my upper legs quads were 23.5 while my calves stayed at 17.5 so they looked more balanced. so give it a try, if your legs are really overshadowing everything else it should help! roelly winkler has massive tris in md mag he tells how he has to back off training them sometimes.hope this helps

nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nixter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can understand what the OP is saying. The BB community has been conditioned to think that bigger is always better, especially for legs. I think proportion is more important than overall size personally. Big legs are awesome but without the upper body to balance it looks kind of silly. Everyone laughs at the guys in the gym with huge upper bodies and no legs so why is the reverse so acceptable? An individual's genetics will play a part in determining what muscles grow bigger than others. For this reason it may not be possible for the OP to continue training the way he has been and expect his upper body to catch up. He may actually have to train legs less. It's up to him though.

PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowderMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All you guys with your huge legs are making me jealous.
    I've just started out, and look forward to having to buy new threads because my old ones don't fit anymore.

In fact, my cousin is getting married in January, and one of my goals is to have to hire a suit for the wedding because I will have (hopefully) outgrown the one I own by then.

inb4page2

Crede quod habes, et habes.
    Believe that you have it, and you have it.

Originally Posted by nixter View Post
    I can understand what the OP is saying. The BB community has been conditioned to think that bigger is always better, especially for legs. I think proportion is more important than overall size personally. Big legs are awesome but without the upper body to balance it looks kind of silly. Everyone laughs at the guys in the gym with huge upper bodies and no legs so why is the reverse so acceptable? An individual's genetics will play a part in determining what muscles grow bigger than others. For this reason it may not be possible for the OP to continue training the way he has been and expect his upper body to catch up. He may actually have to train legs less. It's up to him though.
    Exactly my point. While some other posters have reminded me to put this in a good light - to be proud of my big quads - I think you've also nailed my argument: why have huge legs if the rest is out of proportion?

xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xsgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

***** u hella stupid /thread
    goals to accomplish by next summer:
    measurements done on Sunday juanuary 8 2012

thighs 25.5 flexed going for 27 by summer calves 16.3 going for 16.7 by summer

arms 17 inches goal 17.5 by summer forearms 13 inches goal 13.5 by summer.

waist 39 inches don't want it any bigger lol

leg press 12 plates for 10 reps want 18 plates for 10 reps by summer

bench 225 x 7 want it to be 225x15 by summer

pull ups 10 want it 15 by summer

Registered User wantabetterbody's Avatar
    wantabetterbody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Buy a skirt, problem solved.

Kilt FTW

SunOvMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SunOvMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If u feel that your genetics help u so much and u have build huge legs in proportion to your upper body,relax with the leg workout a bit.Do no hit them hard every week,but every two weeks.Decrease yoyr volume,decrease your intensity...e.x. u may be able to build mass with two heavy sets of squats or deadlifts....search it....
    Leg workout is very demanding on CNS so save this for your upper body routines.

Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SunOvMan View Post
    If u feel that your genetics help u so much and u have build huge legs in proportion to your upper body,relax with the leg workout a bit.Do no hit them hard every week,but every two weeks.Decrease yoyr volume,decrease your intensity...e.x. u may be able to build mass with two heavy sets of squats or deadlifts....search it....
    Leg workout is very demanding on CNS so save this for your upper body routines.
    Just wanted to say that the ladies appreciate big (nonfat) legs...Also dude don't lay it off but like a true body-builder you have to sculpture you body to what you feel comfortble with , if that means using a maintenance weight in your leg work outs then why not? this is perfectly ok and actually important if you truly are trying to achieve proportionality.. I don't think you are worried like everyone says about having legs to big, its all about proportion, cuz they wouldn't be to big if they were in proportion right?