Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FatboysFatter View Post
    More than ready... I'm just saying... :-p
    *blushing* but thank you
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My wife & I were at the Arnold show. The girl who won the short division by no means deserved it. Not even an once of conditioning or any gym time was very apparent. I do know that she is a Maxim model. Maybe that had something to do with it?

firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by labradarep View Post
    My wife & I were at the Arnold show. The girl who won the short division by no means deserved it. Not even an once of conditioning or any gym time was very apparent. I do know that she is a Maxim model. Maybe that had something to do with it?
    Yes, GIa is a Maxim Model (i spoke with her backstage) -- though she is GORGEOUS, she does not workout with weights, she was honest about that..the second placer (Rihanne look-alike) Again GORGEOUS, is gearing upf for figure, and was tight, symmetrical and had her lats and abs/delts in....again, another experienced model......the rest of the field were similar, FAP/Bikini types, whereas they hit the gym and eat well, but not too muscular....

I dunno - I think it will take the NPC some time to figure out what, exactly they are looking for with this category....I know if I go in leaner I will be hard, but we'll see
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro

Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eliz1082 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So after reading this thread I am extremely confused. I looked at photos from the bikini round and the Arnold Classic and while Gia (first place in short division) is a stunning and beautiful woman, I do not see a hint of athleticism. I was under the impression that anyone competing in the NPC would consider themselves an "athlete" in some sense, due to all of the hard physical work it takes to prepare yourself for the stage. Everyone else in the top 5 is the body type I imagined for this category. It is very discouraging to see the inconsistency. However the girl who won the bikini overall (didn't catch her name) had an athletic look.
    I was planning on trying out the NPC bikini category this summer but now am a little apprehensive. How dissapointing it would be after all of that hard work to be placed behind competitors who can't relate to the blood, sweat, and tears that most of us put into a workout. Maybe the NPC should add a Fitness Model category while they are at it.

Firecracker3- you are right, it will probably take some time for the NPC to define this category. Unfortunately
    In my opinion, you should have placed higher.
    I am guessing that most girls didn't pump up before going on stage? What was your experience?

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i'm not against the idea of bikini, especially if it allows the figure class to maintain it's muscularity (though that doesn't seem to be the case), but the results of the Arnold bikini are pretty much ridiculous. the girl who won the short class did not belong in any sort of NPC event. while it may be "bikini" it's still under the NPC umbrella and these girls should exhibit some sort of fitness. being skinny with boobs is not fitness.
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just competed at the Utah Open NPC where crossovers were allowed, I placed 1 st in bikini short class, 4th in masters figure, and 5th in figure open. I tried to look as soft as possible for bikini and it worked for me. I am just too small for figure, so I will stick with the bikini.
    kathyfit
    NGA Figure Pro
    Bikini Universe Classic 2006-1st
    Figure Universe Classic 2010-1st
    Team Tight Curves

gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congratulations on another win, Kathy! Are you competing at Universe? I hope to see you there!

Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wutudo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Excellent job!

kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks! I hope so, but we'll see how life goes. It gets expensive flying across the country!
    kathyfit
    NGA Figure Pro
    Team Tight Curves

josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kathyfit View Post
    I just competed at the Utah Open NPC where crossovers were allowed, I placed 1 st in bikini short class, 4th in masters figure, and 5th in figure open. I tried to look as soft as possible for bikini and it worked for me. I am just too small for figure, so I will stick with the bikini.
    Congratulations Kathy ! Looks like a successful crossover to NPC too

I was not one bit happy with what I saw of the Arnold Bikini show.... felt like a TNA compeition. But when I saw the results of the Max Muscle Naturals, I regained some hope. And of course, if YOU placed well, then I know the Arnold must have been a fluke. Maybe the judges got hardons and confusion set in and didn't understand that "bikini" meant a new division, not sterotypical bikini model

Well I guess it's time for me to hit the gym a bit harder now for I feel now that my physique might indeed be suited for NPC bikini.... more rhinestones and heels for me ! !

Cya BUP in June, Kathy?
    Josie "TRAINER JO" Dalton

Site: http://www.TrainerJo.com
    Talk Show: coming back soon
    FB: http://www.********.com/lasvegastrainerjo
    IG: @Ms.Trainer.Jo
    Google Plus: COMING SOON
    Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/trainerjo
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mstrainerjo

cmwings has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Eliz1082;308777391] Maybe the NPC should add a Fitness Model category while they are at it.

[QUOTE]

I think that is exactly what Bikini is.

Read Mike Davies interview- he talks about Bikini and what they are looking for. He states "A girl can walk in off the street with little or no training and Win."

http://www.musclestage.com/showthread.php?t=30

Registered User NJFigureCutie09's Avatar
    NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eliz1082 View Post
    So after reading this thread I am extremely confused. I looked at photos from the bikini round and the Arnold Classic and while Gia (first place in short division) is a stunning and beautiful woman, I do not see a hint of athleticism. I was under the impression that anyone competing in the NPC would consider themselves an "athlete" in some sense, due to all of the hard physical work it takes to prepare yourself for the stage. Everyone else in the top 5 is the body type I imagined for this category. It is very discouraging to see the inconsistency. However the girl who won the bikini overall (didn't catch her name) had an athletic look.
    I was planning on trying out the NPC bikini category this summer but now am a little apprehensive. How dissapointing it would be after all of that hard work to be placed behind competitors who can't relate to the blood, sweat, and tears that most of us put into a workout. Maybe the NPC should add a Fitness Model category while they are at it.

Firecracker3- you are right, it will probably take some time for the NPC to define this category. Unfortunately
    In my opinion, you should have placed higher.
    I am guessing that most girls didn't pump up before going on stage? What was your experience?
    I guess a lot of people wont really know what to expect since its the 1st year they are doing the bikini division. It is my understanding that this division was created to allow girls to compete that do train and maintain a good physique but are not overly muscular. My trainer who is helping me get ready for a show (bikini division) in June has me focused on leaning down as well as having muscle seperation and definition.
    If a "model" look is what they will be judging on and the other girls also competing will have that look I will be EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED since I am putting in a lot of time, blood and sweat in the gym, not to mention $$. Ultimately I'm training for a figure comp. in the fall so if it doesnt go well the day of the bikini show I will think positive and consider it as a learning experince and keep training!
    Smiling is optional... quiting is NOT!!

Originally Posted by josephinedalton View Post
    Congratulations Kathy ! Looks like a successful crossover to NPC too

I was not one bit happy with what I saw of the Arnold Bikini show.... felt like a TNA compeition. But when I saw the results of the Max Muscle Naturals, I regained some hope. And of course, if YOU placed well, then I know the Arnold must have been a fluke. Maybe the judges got hardons and confusion set in and didn't understand that "bikini" meant a new division, not sterotypical bikini model

Well I guess it's time for me to hit the gym a bit harder now for I feel now that my physique might indeed be suited for NPC bikini.... more rhinestones and heels for me ! !

Cya BUP in June, Kathy?
    Thanks.....I think it depends on the judges and the look of the other physiques in your particular competition. I did the BB.com bikini show the very next weekend and placed in the bottom half, bringing the same physique I brought to the NPC, so you never know. Its all so subjective to the judges......that ='s frustration and confusion if you take it too seriously.

I will continue to train because I love to train and I am happy with the way my physique looks even though I am an "in-betweener"....not big enough for figure, and too lean for bikini. I will compete to have fun....isn't that what its all about?

Smiles-Kathy
    kathyfit
    NGA Figure Pro
    Team Tight Curves

josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kathyfit View Post
    i. I will compete to have fun....isn't that what its all about?
    I'll always be proud of you, Kathy. I still remember my first show... YOU won it ! ! !

Originally Posted by NJFigureCutie09 View Post
    I guess a lot of people wont really know what to expect since its the 1st year they are doing the bikini division. It is my understanding that this division was created to allow girls to compete that do train and maintain a good physique but are not overly muscular. My trainer who is helping me get ready for a show (bikini division) in June has me focused on leaning down as well as having muscle seperation and definition.
    If a "model" look is what they will be judging on and the other girls also competing will have that look I will be EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED since I am putting in a lot of time, blood and sweat in the gym, not to mention $$. Ultimately I'm training for a figure comp. in the fall so if it doesnt go well the day of the bikini show I will think positive and consider it as a learning experince and keep training!

I think once it is established that there needs to be uniform standards, not TNA one show, fitness model the other.... this new division will be quite profitable for NPC as well as rewarding for us smaller physiques, handicapped competitors (like me, who can't build upper body due to shoulder injuries/surgeries), and women that don't quite have the stamina for longer durations of hardcore dieting.

After seeing the results of Max Muscle Classics; I have alot more faith in the NPC Bikini division. I think it might give Ms. Bikini America a challenger, eventually.

TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50) TroJon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Addition of this class is amazing.

What I want to ask - is how do the female competitors in fitness get such huge boulder shoulders (delts) in the first place? What is the difference between a bikini class and fitness class in the delts?

Hell, I'd want to know how to train delts to get that kind of protruding size on them!

And is Kathleen up there, Kathleen Tesori?! That's awesome if it is, she's got an incredibly physique!

Originally Posted by TroJon View Post

What I want to ask - is how do the female competitors in fitness get such huge boulder shoulders (delts) in the first place? What is the difference between a bikini class and fitness class in the delts?

Hell, I'd want to know how to train delts to get that kind of protruding size on them!

And is Kathleen up there, Kathleen Tesori?! That's awesome if it is, she's got an incredibly physique!
    I've heard about figure chicks doing site injections, but I have no clue if they do or not....maybe they are genetically gifted that way??? Sometimes it throws the balance/symmetry off IMO......
    kathyfit
    NGA Figure Pro
    Team Tight Curves

JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First post guys!!! Hello everyone I plan on competing in bikini this year. It will be my first attempt at a fitness competition. I understand the category is brand new, and it's hard to know what the judges are looking for. But my concern is this, I lift & i take alot of pride in my appearance. I have muscle definition, but am in no way figure competition ripped. My pics were taken a week and a half before I competed in Miss NJ last October. I dont want to go up on that stage, stand next to some stripper with a drug habit & fake boobs & be told that her physique is better than mine when im spending 6 days in the gym busting my ass. Sorry, I had to let that out. discuss

here I come 20inch club Armando777's Avatar
    Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JerZg1rL View Post
    First post guys!!! Hello everyone I plan on competing in bikini this year. It will be my first attempt at a fitness competition. I understand the category is brand new, and it's hard to know what the judges are looking for. But my concern is this, I lift & i take alot of pride in my appearance. I have muscle definition, but am in no way figure competition ripped. My pics were taken a week and a half before I competed in Miss NJ last October. I dont want to go up on that stage, stand next to some stripper with a drug habit & fake boobs & be told that her physique is better than mine when im spending 6 days in the gym busting my ass. Sorry, I had to let that out. discuss
    You look very good congrats on the good work. Some place you can work on....prob your calfs need just a little more definition, you already have the rundness to them.
    Bathing suit top is prob better if you just pull it down just a bit. I can't see your glutes so I can't say...because I think that is pretty big at bikini contests.
    Abs look great, not to defined smooth with no bulge..great work.
    If anyone wants IMHO's just pm me. I'll be more than happy to help
    Facts and common sense defeats ignorance and drama.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Serge Nubret, true legend in Bodybuilding.

Avoids buying from cruelty to animal countries. Hit them in the wallets, gets their attention.

JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10) JerZg1rL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Armando777 View Post
    You look very good congrats on the good work. Some place you can work on....prob your calfs need just a little more definition, you already have the rundness to them.
    Bathing suit top is prob better if you just pull it down just a bit. I can't see your glutes so I can't say...because I think that is pretty big at bikini contests.
    Abs look great, not to defined smooth with no bulge..great work.
    If anyone wants IMHO's just pm me. I'll be more than happy to help
    Thank you very much. I appreciate it. But im going to buy one of the two pieces that the figure competitors wear, so there def will be more exposure. My calves have been so tough to cut, but luckily, since ive started dancing salsa (in heels) im seeing definition for the first time in my life (i grew up very chunky & at my biggest I weighed 200 lbs, that was about 6 years ago).

Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000) Armando777 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you very much. I appreciate it. But im going to buy one of the two pieces that the figure competitors wear, so there def will be more exposure. My calves have been so tough to cut, but luckily, since ive started dancing salsa (in heels) im seeing definition for the first time in my life (i grew up very chunky & at my biggest I weighed 200 lbs, that was about 6 years ago).
    YW. I think the salsa dancing will help you calves pretty well. I might think of adding some standnig body weight calf work on a wooden block. That might help toning them a bit more. ttyl

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Avoids buying from cruelty to animal countries. Hit them in the wallets, gets their attention.

Originally Posted by Armando777 View Post
    YW. I think the salsa dancing will help you calves pretty well. I might think of adding some standnig body weight calf work on a wooden block. That might help toning them a bit more. ttyl
    Thanks, currently I'm doing standing calf raises with 45 lbs with my toes pointed out, in & straight. I will do the block raises & i think after that it's mostly cardio.....

Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Makaitibubrn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Here goes! 1st competition.

I will be competing in both the figure and figure divisions at the NPC Texas, Ronnie Coleman Classic in one week from tomorrow. This will be my first competition so I am hoping to find out where I fit in. I hope that I am toned enough for figure. I know that I have some work to do yet but I am in the best shape of my life and Mark, my husband, loves how I look. I am also going to try bikini just to see how I will do.

Registered User NJFigureCutie09's Avatar
    NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJFigureCutie09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi and welcome! Glad to see another Jersey girl :O)
    i'm new to the site and also competing for the first time in a bikini division of the Atlantic States in June.
    You look great.. keep up the good work!! and I also have similar concerns about what the other competitors experience in the gym will be.
    There is a show tomorrow in NYC... the New York Metropolitan Bodybuilding, Figure and Bikini Championships which i will be attending. Will fill you in on how the bikini division went.
    Smiling is optional... quiting is NOT!!

Thanks, currently I'm doing standing calf raises with 45 lbs with my toes pointed out, in & straight. I will do the block raises & i think after that it's mostly cardio.....
    That sounds good. You might want to do just a few sets for quads too...tone them a bit to give you the complete look. Maybe not going all the way down to emphasize quads and not glutes so much... ttyl

DenielHop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It seems to me worth watching, instead of parciticapting

Originally Posted by NJFigureCutie09 View Post
    hi and welcome! Glad to see another Jersey girl :O)
    i'm new to the site and also competing for the first time in a bikini division of the Atlantic States in June.
    You look great.. keep up the good work!! and I also have similar concerns about what the other competitors experience in the gym will be.
    There is a show tomorrow in NYC... the New York Metropolitan Bodybuilding, Figure and Bikini Championships which i will be attending. Will fill you in on how the bikini division went.
    I'm gonna be there!!! My best friend is a figure girl & she will be cometing at Atlantic States as well as another friend of mine. Maybe we can meet up after the show. Good Luck girl!!!!! Your pics look great. Looks like we have about the same physique too.

Originally Posted by TroJon View Post

Fitness girls can get big delts with all the strength moves their routines require. i would think big delts for a bikini competitor would be a neg. Bikini judges are supposed to be looking for softer, more feminine physiques with less empahsis on size. The competitor needs to look like she works out and conditions still, but not to the extent of figure or fitness.

As for Kathleen.. I was in a Miss Hawaiian Tropic Nevada competition with her and I suggested to her she compete in the fitness varietal. I remember dreading doing MHT because I was so bulky compared to the thinner competitors who placed high. Well, Kathleen who seems to be about my size, took 3nd (or was it 4th). She's a very pretty girl with a naturally fit physique. Now that she actually trains like a fitness pro...look at her now... winning everything ! I wish I was as cute as her !
    Last edited by josephinedalton; 04-13-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Monika33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Excited

1st Post!

I have been working so hard to get from 200 lbs to be on stage by 2010 we will see, I have saggy skin so when I finally get up there it is going to be the biggest milestone of my life. I will keep everyone posted. I already have striations in my shoulders and would like to have separation in all of my extremeties so I dont believe i will be doing any bikini contest. I was a little discouraged to hear about some not even lifting weights. The sweat and tears and hours of gym time will pay off when I take over the stage. I am so motivated.
    Team Anti-Goliath

Don't focus on trying to do more sets, focus on doing more with the sets you have!!!!

ITS ALL ABOUT MOTIVATION!

**Support your local Roller Derby Girl**

O-Town Derby Dames FTW!!!

Saggy skin: the picture journal and the battle for sharp abs
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112062351

Monika33 Journal: The New Challenge
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110210781

nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nostrildomus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Monika33 View Post
    1st Post!

I have been working so hard to get from 200 lbs to be on stage by 2010 we will see, I have saggy skin so when I finally get up there it is going to be the biggest milestone of my life. I will keep everyone posted. I already have striations in my shoulders and would like to have separation in all of my extremeties so I dont believe i will be doing any bikini contest. I was a little discouraged to hear about some not even lifting weights. The sweat and tears and hours of gym time will pay off when I take over the stage. I am so motivated.
    almost there...

I just checked your progress pics and wow...

you are so close

dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface1825 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bikini

Hey guys I just competed in the first NY show in NPC bikini I places 1st. This was a little different than an INBF bikini which I won this past September. Although this is a new division I think it is going to grow within time!
    xo elise
    Elise Firestone