gashlycrumb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long can I maintain a low calorie diet before STARVATION?

Hey all. I'm currently starting week 2 of an EC stack with a low-calorie diet (plus cardio / weights). I'm eating around 1500 calories / day (200 lbs, 5'11", 28% body fat, minimal muscle). My primary goal is to lose fat quickly.

I'm just wondering how long I can maintain this diet before my body kicks into starvation mode and my metabolism slows down or my body starts eating muscle.

Thanks!
    Last edited by gashlycrumb; 07-23-2007 at 04:03 PM.

CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think its about 5 days for some poeple. your supposed to have at least 1 cheat day or meal a week. i prefere the cheat day becuase then you eat all healthy stuff just more of it, you can also throw in a few empty calories becuase they usually taste good

VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500) VernonWellsFargo is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by CR Racer View Post
    i think its about 5 days for some poeple. your supposed to have at least 1 cheat day or meal a week. i prefere the cheat day becuase then you eat all healthy stuff just more of it, you can also throw in a few empty calories becuase they usually taste good
    lol usually taste good. i wish i could rep you

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Forget starvation.. If you're stacking,and doing cardio, you're eating way to few calories man.

First, if you really believe in low calories, which is NOT the right way to go, DROP the EC stack now and eat that amount of calories.

Second for good weight loss, eat 10x bodyweight in calories, and add the cardio/weight training, and I guarantee you you'll lose atleast a pound a week without the EC stack. The EC stack comes in when you stall..if you wish to continue eating 1500 calories ad at, atleast add a refeed day, where you make up for the rest of the calories.

dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Filmmakerr View Post
    Forget starvation.. If you're stacking,and doing cardio, you're eating way to few calories man.

First, if you really believe in low calories, which is NOT the right way to go, DROP the EC stack now and eat that amount of calories.

Second for good weight loss, eat 10x bodyweight in calories, and add the cardio/weight training, and I guarantee you you'll lose atleast a pound a week without the EC stack. The EC stack comes in when you stall..if you wish to continue eating 1500 calories ad at, atleast add a refeed day, where you make up for the rest of the calories.
    You didn't read the title right.......
    "HOW LONG CAN I MAINTAIN A LOW CALORIE DIET BEFORE STARVATION"
    I've been stupid before and eaten 1400 in one day while running 4 miles but i was desperate for losing weight, and i assume this guy is too. Even though i don't reccomend it, i'm going to give him some advice considering i've gone through the same thing.

I went from 176-166 in one month by eating about 1600 a day. It took my body about 1 month to realize that i wasn't eating enough. Probably most of that was water weight, but hey it looked better on the scale. I don't reccomend starving yourself, it's easy to say to eat enough when you already have a descent body. But when you're desperate to lose weight, sometimes people starve themselves and do the craziest things just to lose weight...if you were fat before, you'd know that i'm not bsing you. But anyway, if you do that you'll probably lose about 10 pounds in one month.
    I did it for teh lulz

RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusnConcussion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not sure how long it takes for your body to adjust its RMR for a lower caloric intake, but I do know that if you cycle how many calories you have each day you can avoid this to a great extent.

So if you want to take in 2000-2200 cal a day, you would have one day where you have 2800 calories, one with 1600 calories, one at 2200 calories, one at 1500 calories, one at 2600 calories, then one at 2000 calories etc, as long as you're still getting in your needed protein and still averaging 2000-2200 calories a day each week. This way it will be more difficult for your body to adjust to a steady lowered stream of caloric intake and your metabolism will stay at maximum levels during your cut.
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.
    I reciprocate reputation.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gashlycrumb View Post
    My primary goal is to lose fat quickly.
    There is your first mistake. You can definitely lose fat quickly, but you will also lose muscle quickly. If you don't mind losing muscle quickly, a very low calorie diet will lose fat quickly, but I don't think you want to do it. 2-3 pounds of fat a week is optimal. Anything else will be doing you harm, unless you are very overweight or doing something like Velocity, which may be a good option for you (it is a motha', though). It is your choice.

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dcarrera View Post
    You didn't read the title right.......
    "HOW LONG CAN I MAINTAIN A LOW CALORIE DIET BEFORE STARVATION"
    I've been stupid before and eaten 1400 in one day while running 4 miles but i was desperate for losing weight, and i assume this guy is too. Even though i don't reccomend it, i'm going to give him some advice considering i've gone through the same thing.

I went from 176-166 in one month by eating about 1600 a day. It took my body about 1 month to realize that i wasn't eating enough. Probably most of that was water weight, but hey it looked better on the scale. I don't reccomend starving yourself, it's easy to say to eat enough when you already have a descent body. But when you're desperate to lose weight, sometimes people starve themselves and do the craziest things just to lose weight...if you were fat before, you'd know that i'm not bsing you. But anyway, if you do that you'll probably lose about 10 pounds in one month.
    Sure, but that 10 pounds will come right back in a another month.

With what hes doing, he could easily lose 2 pounds a week eating at 2000 calories a day, I'm eating 2000 calories a day without cardio, or EC and losing. Good to mention I've got the worse metabolism.

vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you plan on going with a large calorie deficit, (>1000 calories a day) Then I recomend a refeed day once a week to keep recharge leptin levels and keep your metabolism in order.

You can cut for about 2 weeks safely before leptin levels get too low and your body starts to hold onto fat for survival.