ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder, Collar Bone uneven... painful

So ive been training for the last 6 - 8 months, got a lot bigger but my right side is ALOT stronger, even before it really was.....

I cant bench press anymore... to much pain in my left shoulder.

It seems over the last month or so the left side has really become higher, moved forward and now it just looks very uneven from the other side. Looking straight on in the mirror my collar bones are very uneven and from a motivation standpoint its very impacting and im frustrated.

In the pic the left side of hte picture is my left shoulder...

What are your thoughts? what caused this? How do i fix it?
    Last edited by ViperMike; 06-29-2010 at 06:04 PM.

ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ViperMike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone?

DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have this same issue on my left side, where my collar bone is much more prominent. It doesn't seem to bother me much, however when I do dips I get pain in the sternoclavicular region, not sure if it's related though.

In for answers, thoughts.

Originally Posted by DamNative View Post
    I have this same issue on my left side, where my collar bone is much more prominent. It doesn't seem to bother me much, however when I do dips I get pain in the sternoclavicular region, not sure if it's related though.

In for answers, thoughts.
    yes it hurts when i do dips too.... i think its just my 1 side is way stronger and slowly my left side joints and bones got messed up, my color bones were even until i started working out, wonder if i can fix it over time

jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't notice any major malformations in the pictures. You may have a little bit of a forward shoulder posture, but I don't know that this would cause you the type of pain you are talking about.

Can you describe your pain more? How it started? What movements hurt? etc.

From the information given, there is only one thing I can think of.

Are you training your chest and anterior delts a lot more than your back? I ask because sometimes when people first get into lifting they do bench all the time. This causes a muscle imbalance between your chest and back. this can cause the muscle in the chest to tighten, the muscles in your back to stretch, and your shoulder to be pulled forward. If you are neglecting your rear delts, the same thing can happen.

If you shoulder is being pulled out of proper position, you may be getting pain. If this IS the problem, you need to work on flexibility, rotator cuff, rear delts, and back.

jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ViperMike View Post
    yes it hurts when i do dips too.... i think its just my 1 side is way stronger and slowly my left side joints and bones got messed up, my color bones were even until i started working out, wonder if i can fix it over time
    Depending on the location of the pain, and your bicep work, you could be experiencing bicep endonitis. The long head of the bicep (tendon) actually runs up into your shoulder through the bicipital groove and attaches in the shoulder. If this is inflammed, it will hurt during bench and dips as it gets stretched.

Originally Posted by jasontkd View Post
    Depending on the location of the pain, and your bicep work, you could be experiencing bicep endonitis. The long head of the bicep (tendon) actually runs up into your shoulder through the bicipital groove and attaches in the shoulder. If this is inflammed, it will hurt during bench and dips as it gets stretched.
    its been a few months.... still havent solved this issue, very painful on my left shoulder and left side of my back, just feels awkward doing so many exercises, the left side of my back feels like its no even there, like my right side i can feel it and it does the work on exercises and i can feel the muscles, the left side just feels like a cluster **** of bones and muscles i dont know whats going there.

Also best i can describe it would be feels like my left shoulder is moving up and rolling foward and wants to stay there, i can push it back with my hand but it physcially feels uncomfortable to leave it there.

last thing ive noticed is my colar bones seem very uneven now, i looked at old pictures and it seems they are normal............. like now when i look in a mirror my left shoulder as well as the ANGLE of my color bone is completely different than my right!!

WTF did i do to myself... its been like 3 months now and ive lost 20 pounds of muscle, im so depressed and just frustrated beyond anyone can believe....

PLEASE HELP

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look for an osteopath in your area. One that performs hand's on manipulations

they are trained in whats called "clavicle dysfunction"

also you seem to have whats called anterior tilting of the scapula (Google it)

try doing serratus anterior work - google "push up plus" exercise

Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have an issue where my left shoulder is raised higher than my right. As a result my right arm is much more developed than my left side. I go to a chiropractor who is working on lower my left shoulder. Good posture is key! Avoid slouching, instead pull your scapula back... it takes time getting use to it. I would also recommend stretching at least two to three times a day.

A step from insanity nemesisman's Avatar
    nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nemesisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would guess to say it is probably a subluxation of the acromioclavicular joint. this is where the clavicle meets the shoulder. the shoulder will usually drop when this happens because the trapezius will pull up on the clavicle and the shoulder will fall due to the weight. however this injury usually occurs acutely. you have been experienceing this for a while so maybe you did something to it before and didnt let it heal.

only my guess..im not a doctor.
    You call it obsession, I call it passion.
    www.insanitymd.blogspot.com

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's not enough information to tell anything here....

Did you have yourself evaluated by a chiro or physical therapist?

Posture is huge though....

Appreachiate anyone who posted in here in the past... this thread is more than 6 months old.

I still have teh same problem... dont really work out anymore, i just cant beat this injury.

No matter what i do it just wont heal.

Ive been going to physio for 5 months weekly... its helped but it wont fix it completely. My body aint healing it. Ive tried numerous things, changing beds, the way i sleep positionally. Computer chair, No more lying in my bed flat with my head tilted up on 3 pillows messing around on my laptop or watching tv(i think this contributed)

Ive done many things, im lost what to do. Its been almost a year. Im almost to the point where im thinking its not going to fix itself.

I cant figure out why and im just out of ideas... you would think 5 months of physiotherapy and 2-3k later would resolve it.

Registered User TaxPayingTongan's Avatar
    TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000) TaxPayingTongan is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have the EXACT same issue. bumping this thread for more info if possible.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Saw this thread was bumped. I would suggest a lot of neck stretching (left and right especially) to try and provide some release to the muscles that insert in and around the clavicle near the sternoclavicular (SC) joint. Injuries in and around the SC can cause muscle spasms and pain all the way up the neck. I would be suspicious of a SC joint sprain or separation looking at the first picture and the symptoms. Is the joint too mobile, relative to the other side (can you grab it and move it in an out of its saddle at the sternum)? Does it pop/crack if you stretch your arm way out to your side and then press across with it to the opposite side (imagine pushing something right in front of you from the extreme of one side to the other across your front).
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

in the gym battling it... but 2 years later not 100%.... still annoying and pain and weird feeling.

RAGE.gif

BenShearlaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ViperMike View Post
    in the gym battling it... but 2 years later not 100%.... still annoying and pain and weird feeling.

RAGE.gif
    have you found a solution yet? im experiencing similar problems and no where on the internet has an answer!

cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cbates79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could this be due to an over developed trap on one side or trap tightness? I have this too, but not as bad as the OP. It's on my left side. Even though I'm right handed, I tend to carry everything with my left hand. When I go to the store, I'll carry like 6 or 8 bags with my left hand and use my right hand to open doors and such. But this is not limited to only carrying bags, its when I carry anything. So think of a static hold for working out your traps, but only doing that for one arm. I'm in such a habit of doing it all with my left arm, it's hard trying to break the habit and to start carrying more stuff with my right. I'm starting to have some SCJ issues and I'm thinking this could be the cause.

rebelfaction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Mike, I've just noticed one of my collarbones seems higher than the other, It seems from your recent pics, you sorted out the problem. Can you let us know how you had this happy outcome?

ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThisIsTheOne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Left collar bone prob higher coz the left scapula is up and forward instead of back and down. This could be caused by weak brotator cuffs, weak scapular stabiliser muscles, knots/lack of mobility in the upper back and pec minor (solution is foam rolling and using lacrosse ball), or poor posture. May be other causes. Its worthwhile seeing the doctor/physio

GiGiNeavae is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going through the same thing. I had to stop lifting due to the pain. I know mine was originally caused by a bondage issue which was never rectified. I'm still searching for the specific injury almost three years later. In the past three years, since the injury occurred, I tried lifting after approx. 3 months off and was only able to get to a max of 50kg deadlift. Took a few more months off, sought physio/osteo/massage/Ultrasound and still nothing. It's extremely sore, but I am getting tired of the inactivity and hitting the gym again. I'm taking creatine, helps boost me and offers a bit of relief in the affected area. I notice more pain the more I move. I'm seeking an xray next. Hopefully will give some answers.