semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10) semperfismhs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is Filet Mignon Considered Lean???

Is This Cut Of Beef Lean. And Is It Okay To Have Every Once In A While??

I Dont Know If I Spelled It Right...

date +%H:%M | grep 4:20 buddhastalin's Avatar
    buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it's fine. adjust your fat intake as needed for the rest of your meal(s).
    There exists no separation between gods and men; one blends softly casual into the other. - Proverbs of Muad'dib

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes its a pretty lean cut of beef. It is fine to have every day much less every once in awhile.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Tranformation of The Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm94.htm

consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500)
    google.com

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fates_child03 View Post
    Yes its a pretty lean cut of beef. It is fine to have every day much less every once in awhile.
    sirlions may tend to be a bit leaner, but its a good choice in all opinions.. make sure it fits ur macros as stated.. also depends on how its prepared and what size also

ericvt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's the leanest of all cuts

Thick. Solid. Tight. GluteusMaximus's Avatar
    GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by consciouschef View Post
    google.com
    forum.bodybuilding.com

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by semperfismhs View Post
    I Dont Know If I Spelled It Right...
    Work on your capitalization first.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fates_child03 View Post
    Lol, if anybody here can afford filet mignon every day, get me the hook up.

MoneyBuysHappiness underrated831's Avatar
    underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why are you guys lying to this guy, filet mignon is not healthy!
    sirloin is and new york is next

ribeye and filet mignon are the worst!

why do you think its so juicy, soft and tender? its fat

anyway I do love to splurge on filet mignon wrapped in bacon, at brazilian bbq's once in a while! they have this all you can eat place in downtown san diego for 13 bucks before 2pm!
    Keep signatures SHORT. Just keep your signature less than 10 lines or so and you should be fine. You are also not allowed to advertise in your signature - that includes referral links of any type. You are allowed to post links to your personal home page, blog, fitness log, myspace/bodyspace page, and things of that nature are fine.

IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) IrockZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by underrated831 View Post

anyway I do love to splurge on filet mignon wrapped in bacon, at brazilian bbq's once in a while! they have this all you can eat place in downtown san diego for 13 bucks before 2pm!
    its actually pretty lean there chief.. 6.7 fat per 24.2 of protein.. wayyyy leaner than regular ground beef.. and about 3 more grams of fat per serving than the leanest red meat of all- - eye round -- so if u can afford it.. enjoy..
    freed from desire. mind and senses purified.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Actually filet is fairly lean (especially compared to ribeye). The reason why it is so tender is because it is a very inactive muscle. Ribeye isn't as tender, but it is much more flavorful due to all the marbling.

I love both, but if I have to choose, I'll take a very rare thick cut filet mignon every time.

Compare to the marbling in this:

No sir, I don't like it.

buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

jesus tap dancing christ. i bet you also think pork tenderloin is not 'healthy' and 'it's fat'. :/ you really need to inform yourself. all cuts of beef are not equal. i saw packaged sirloin at the store that had 10grams of fat per 4 ounces. you can, of course, get leaner sirloin. you sir, are an idiot.
    There exists no separation between gods and men; one blends softly casual into the other. - Proverbs of Muad'dib

MoneyBuysHappiness underrated831's Avatar
    underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10) underrated831 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by buddhastalin View Post
    jesus tap dancing christ. i bet you also think pork tenderloin is not 'healthy' and 'it's fat'. :/ you really need to inform yourself. all cuts of beef are not equal. i saw packaged sirloin at the store that had 10grams of fat per 4 ounces. you can, of course, get leaner sirloin. you sir, are an idiot.

whoa whoa whoa

before any name calling

I kjonw for a fact that pork is good for you, becuase its a nutrition myth or whatever
    but about the filet mignon I got my info from

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...+mignon+detour

Name calling coming from someone who claims to be Chrstian and posts in the religion section all the time. HYPOCRITE.
    Last edited by underrated831; 10-01-2007 at 12:11 AM.
    Keep signatures SHORT. Just keep your signature less than 10 lines or so and you should be fine. You are also not allowed to advertise in your signature - that includes referral links of any type. You are allowed to post links to your personal home page, blog, fitness log, myspace/bodyspace page, and things of that nature are fine.

Name calling coming from someone who claims to be Chrstian and posts in the religion section all the time. HYPOCRITE.
    you're even more misinformed than i thought. i am not a christian and have never claimed to a christian. for someone who knows i post in the religion section should be well aware that i am a staunch atheist. if you gathered i was a christian from my posts in the r/p section, it is because i try to be tolerant in my posts in regards to people who are christian or muslim because the majority of the christians and muslims in that forum are for the most part informed. (even though it is hard to tell sometimes) again, you sir, are an idiot.

/religious discussion

STEAK, CHICKEN, & TURKEY: who doesn't love a great steak.. and how many different ways can you eat chicken? Tons! For steaks go for New York, or Sirloin... Top and bottom round is good too but tough. NEVER EVER eat Rib Eye or Filet Mignon they are LOADED with fat .. London Broil and Tri Tip is not bad either.

this is generalized. filet mignon can have a lower fat content than sirloin. what kind of chicken? boneless skinless breasts have less fat than say a bone-in thigh with the skin. this post is pretty general in regards to protein. choose your beef wisely, but even still, if it fits in your macros, you will be ok most of the time. the thing is, with higher fat, it's hard to hit your macros if that is indeed how you outline your diet. but yes, i see where you're coming from.

mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are 3 grades of meat, there is ****ty supermarket meat, middle grade meat and high quality lean export meat, you CAN tell how lean the meat is by looking at it, no matter how much **** they put on the steak to make it look red, you can still see the fat! Eye fillet, Rib Fillet, T-Bone, serloin aka Rump Steak are all FAIRLY lean peices of meat and unless you are cutting then a 250gram steak everyday should only help you hit your macros not blow them out!
    OncE i ReaD aBouT tHe EvILs Of DrinKinG, WaS LefT WiTh OnlY 1 DeCiSioN tO MaKe... GiVe Up ReaDinG!!!

mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mr_azz_84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the more expensive 'export' quality meat is all fairly lean, its all in what how they feed the cows for 30-60days before they get slaughted.
    OncE i ReaD aBouT tHe EvILs Of DrinKinG, WaS LefT WiTh OnlY 1 DeCiSioN tO MaKe... GiVe Up ReaDinG!!!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nothing wrong with a filet now n then, but like in all seriousness keep it in the macros.. its not that bad compared to others (but NY and sirlion rock the house) just cut off the fat and its damn lean