jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Leg To Arm Ratio?

Is there any info about what is considered a good arm to leg ratio to determine wether or not you are proportioned?
    If your going to hit it, you might as well HIT IT HARD!

"GAME TIME!"

SixMillionDollarPostman buff_dad_dy's Avatar
    buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In John Hansens Natural Bodybuilding book he mentions that a good ratio is biceps and calves should be roughly the same.Forearms approx 4 inches smaller than bi's. If you have 17 inch bi's, forearms should be approx 13inches and calves 17 inches.Not sure about quad specs,but should be larger than calves.
    Enjoying great genetics since 1969!

wanting the wife to give me that wink just like the Bowflex guys says ;)

My goal is to succeed on My Terms and not to fail on someone elses!

Erected 1969

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't know what the optimal ratio is, but most of the guys I see at the gym appear to be rocking a 1:1 arm:leg, aka the "I'm unaware there's a vaccine for polio" build.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetnic13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by buff_dad_dy View Post
    In John Hansens Natural Bodybuilding book he mentions that a good ratio is biceps and calves should be roughly the same.Forearms approx 4 inches smaller than bi's. If you have 17 inch bi's, forearms should be approx 13inches and calves 17 inches.Not sure about quad specs,but should be larger than calves.
    Thanks for the info.

"GAME TIME!"

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Serious! Damn it I guess I need to pump the biceps more..

I have 13 1/2 inch bi's, 10 inch forearms, and 17 inch calves..

Certified Salt Beef Junky MT_Pawkits's Avatar
    MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10) MT_Pawkits is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2 arms 2 legs and i balance pretty good.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Beer nuts $1.25, Deer nuts under a Buck!~~~~~~~~~~~

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, you create a liar!

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My Bicep to Calve is the same... but my calves are small so it makes me look a little top heavy but i have decent legs..
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buff_dad_dy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jetnic13 View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    My pleasure.

I enjoyed his book that i took out from the library so much that i purchased a copy.Great complete reference book IMO. He is a member here on BB.com and is a nice man to talk to and very helpful.

Erected 1969

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    16 flexed arms
    13 1/4 flexed forearms
    17 flexed calves
    25 relaxed thighs

my biceps need work!
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

I just double checked the book and he mentions that the:

"neck,arms and calves should measure within and inch or two of each other"

"the chest measurement should be 95 percent of both thigh measurements.A bodybuilder with 25 inch thighs should have a chest measurement of 47.5 inches(25x2=50 x 0.95 = 47.5) "

"the forearm measurement should be approx 80 percent of the upper arm measurement.A bodybuilder with 18 inch arms should have forearms that measure at least 14.5 inches"

"these approximations are ideal for my physique,but you can use the same percentages for your body.However,you must be open to making adjustments based on your unique physique."

Erected 1969

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

"the chest measurement should be 95 percent of both thigh measurements.A bodybuilder with 25 inch thighs should have a chest measurement of 47.5 inches(25x2=50 x 0.95 = 47.5) "

"the forearm measurement should be approx 80 percent of the upper arm measurement.A bodybuilder with 18 inch arms should have forearms that measure at least 14.5 inches"

"these approximations are ideal for my physique,but you can use the same percentages for your body.However,you must be open to making adjustments based on your unique physique."
    Well, according to that I'm not as disproportional as people keep saying I am!
    Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    I don't know what the optimal ratio is, but most of the guys I see at the gym appear to be rocking a 1:1 arm:leg, aka the "I'm unaware there's a vaccine for polio" build.
    LOL! Clearly You have found the vaccine. I been hitting the vaccine pretty hard, I think it's working!

"GAME TIME!"

Thanks once again. Sweet info!

"GAME TIME!"

Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    Serious! Damn it I guess I need to pump the biceps more..

I have 13 1/2 inch bi's, 10 inch forearms, and 17 inch calves..
    I would have to assume the ratio has got to be different for women. Here is a picture of what I think a perfect ratio is for a woman.
    Attached Images

"GAME TIME!"

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

my legs are fine, but my chest is only 43 with 25 inch thighs.

But I knew that, I didn't need a book to tell me I need to catch my upper body up
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would have to assume the ratio has got to be different for women. Here is a picture of what I think a perfect ratio is for a woman.
    LOL My arms ain't never gonna be that small and my boobs ain't never gonna be that big!!

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Hey buddy

Is there any info about what is considered a good arm to leg ratio to determine wether or not you are proportioned?
    don't get microscopic on me!.........beware of "paralysis by analysis"
    Land of Honalee

ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000) ragehammer is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL My arms ain't never gonna be that small and my boobs ain't never gonna be that big!!
    Is that good or bad? lol
    God Bless the men and women that serve our country, Support our troops! Or stand in front of them...

Florida Gator 4 Life
    Repped on sight - Sheepdogs/Armed forces
    Reps owed E_P_C X 2 ..spreads a bytch
    LIFT-4-LIFE.... THEN DIE

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

If this is unflexed I'm royally screwed. I'd love to have arms (15" ...wheeeeeeee) as big as my calves (17.5" & growing).
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like a lifting shirt.....

& u rock, BTW. You keep doing what you are doing.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Originally Posted by ragehammer View Post
    Is that good or bad? lol
    It's good for me .. wth would I do with big boos?? Use'em as a board press subsitute! LOL She could probally get a 3 board press out of them boobs!

Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post

I ain't even gonna say what happens when you girl with little boobs in a bench shirt! ,,, It's like a magic show ,,, where they'd go!!??

It's ok though I always find'em at the end!
    Last edited by grace_ou; 03-16-2009 at 06:06 AM.

aneas
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    my legs are fine, but my chest is only 43 with 25 inch thighs.

But I knew that, I didn't need a book to tell me I need to catch my upper body up
    Is that an expanded chest? I bet thats what they are measuring. By these calcs I am almost ideal in proportion. Its helped me to not be able to work my legs.

Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    don't get microscopic on me!.........beware of "paralysis by analysis"
    I hear ya LyingSac, I just wanted to see if I was in the ball park for proportion. Very interesting info for me as well.

ROFL!

Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post

They should make a lifting shirt for women out of that statement, and I have to agree Grace you rock! Your progress pics are awesome! Keep up the good work.

"GAME TIME!"

texastea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texastea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texastea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texastea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texastea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texastea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Did he make any comments on how waist size should fit into the proportions? Or is it generally agreed that the smaller, the better no matter what proportion may be?

Originally Posted by texastea View Post
    Did he make any comments on how waist size should fit into the proportions? Or is it generally agreed that the smaller, the better no matter what proportion may be?
    "The waist measurement will differ depending on if the bodybuilder is trying to gain weight and add muscle,or if he is losing body fat to prepare for competition.A method for keeping on track during the off season and for setting a goal during contest preparation is to shoot for a waist measurement that is 70-72% of your chest measurement during the off season and only 65% of your chest measurement when you are onstage.For example,if your chest measurement is 50 inches in the off season when you're trying to add muscle,your waist measurement should not exceed 36 inches.For a competition,the ideal measurement for your waist would be 32.5 inches."

Hope this is of some help. I am trying to adhere to this and i find i look pretty proportioned,mind you i am roughly the same height and weight as the author. If you do not know who he is,he is a 2 time Mr.Natural Universe and the first Mr.Natural Olympia. (not a paid advertisement LOL i just really enjoy his book as it is IMO very thorough)

His user name here is Natural_O
    Last edited by buff_dad_dy; 03-16-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Erected 1969