Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adding weight to ab routine with a captain's chair?

I recently bought a captains chair and I use 10lb ankle weights. I can now max out. I want to add more weight to my abdominal workout. Do they sell something similar to a dip belt that attaches to the legs. Or even better something that attaches to the calf and you can insert weight bars?

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holding a dumbbell between your feet will work for a while, until that gets too heavy. You might be able to rig up something with a piece of rope or climbing webbing tied around your ankles with plates attached, but I would be really leery of that--you could end up playing the "tie someone's shoelace to the table" trick on yourself.....

A lot of people never progress on that exercise beyond doing it with bent knees. Are you able to do it with straight legs? That might be a better way to go than adding a lot of weight....
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Emdamnify has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, I can do straight legs as well. I also do oblique work too(toward the side) and it is just a little bit easy. It is just kind of difficult to add weight on these aside from the ankle weights. I am sure I can craft something out of PVC pipe.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe buy or make a loading pin and find a way to hang that between your knees?

I just came up with the perfect idea. I removed the wheel off of an ab wheel that you can attach to your feet. It has collars that kept the wheel in place but you can secure standard weights into it(who knew?). Problem is that it is like being on a unicycle getting on/off of the chair. lol I just leave one side unsecured so I can get my feet out/in of it and step up/down safely. Damn 30lb hurts bad.

Originally Posted by Emdamnify View Post
    I just came up with the perfect idea. I removed the wheel off of an ab wheel that you can attach to your feet. It has collars that kept the wheel in place but you can secure standard weights into it(who knew?). Problem is that it is like being on a unicycle getting on/off of the chair. lol I just leave one side unsecured so I can get my feet out/in of it and step up/down safely. Damn 30lb hurts bad.
    Yeah, you might be better off from a safety standpoint to find a way to attach it between your knees....